Next opposition scouting - less helpful than last year?

danielgwkent

Reaction score
I currently have one scout with decent 'Judging CA/PA' AND 'Tactical Knowledge' attributes assigned to scout each Next Opposition as per usual for me... However the reports he files seem to be very different to the previous editions of the game, which used to give a brief summarising overview of the opposition's passing style and key players, helping to decide how much to press and which players to single out as being a threat; can't find this info anywhere in the current demo's scouting reports... any ideas?

I do agree that the reports are a lot more comprehensive, but for me they're less constructive - nowhere does it mention the style of play that the manager likes to employ, nor where the main threat is likely to come from. Gone backwards for my money.

i agree dan it has gone backwards! i thought fm11 needed more info on opposition tactics but fm12 is even worse yeah it says where they have conceded goals from and how they conceded them but like you said that does not tell me how to play against them. not good

In its entirety, they've provided more information, but yeah, there's nowhere where they say *how* the other team plays. Do they counter attack? Do they try to dominate possession? Do they press? All this would be really helpful.

I "scout" the teams myself before important matches to see how they play..go into the clubs information screen to see what pitch size they use blah blah & etc but it becomes boring after a while :(

Back