Nick Ritt's Unorthodox European Career

• Thread starter Thread starter Rittflyers
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3K

Rittflyers

Reaction score
Starting my career in the uncommon countries and going from there. Should be a long term project but a slow project.

Leagues
Austria - tipp3-Bundesliga and Erste Liga
Belarus - Vysshaya Liga and Persha Liga
Belgium - Jupiter Pro League, Belgacom League, and Derde Klasse
Bulgaria - "A" PFG and "B" PFG
Croatia - 1.HNL and 2.HNL
Czech Republic - Gambrinus Liga and 2.Liga
Denmark - Superliga, Betsafelifaen, and 2.Division
Finland - Veikkausliiga and Ykkonen
Greece - Superleague and Football League
Hungary - OTP Bank Liga and NBII
Iceland - Pepsideldin and 1.Deild Karla
Isreal - Ligat Winner and LIga Leumit
Northern Ireland - IFA Premiership, Championship 1 and 2
Norway - Tippeligaen and Adeccoligaen
Poland - Ekstralasa and I Liga
Romania - Liga I and II
Serbia - Jelen SuperLiga and Prva Liga Srbija
Slovakia - Corgon Liga
Slovenia - 1.SNL and 2.SNL
Switzerland - Super League and Challange League
Ukraine - Premyer-Lina and Persha Liha

My Info:
Nick Ritt, 26yr old German, Sunday League Player, Unemployed

Next update will be my first job

View attachment 306308

Not a bad first match. I have a feeling I'm going to be trying to find an attacking formation. This team is heavy on the offensive talent, but lacking on the defense side. Only had four subs due to injuries. Team seems very unsure of themself, so I need to motivate them somehow. Going to have a team talk and see what can be done. They gave me a positive result from the half-time talk, but quickly lost confidence in themselves.

View attachment 306316

We had the chances, but failed to capitalize and ****-poor marking led to the goals. Strommen is the 2nd best team in this league, so a loss was expected. Managed to pump the players up after the loss though, so hopefully that'll bring good results soon. Just need one win to get the ball rolling. We're only 4 points out of the relgation zone with twelve games remaining. Managed to bring in 18-year old Martin Ronning Overstad on a loan from Stromsgodset IF of the Tippeligaen to help the midfield.

View attachment 306320

View attachment 306364

0-3....

We dominated the play for the most part, but these guys can't hit the broadside of a barn right now...Morale is terrible, yet an aggressive half-time and post-game speech fired them up. Didn't help my starting LB was suspended. The goals will start coming soon.....hopefully. 5 Points out, 11 Games to go.

View attachment 307948

VICTORY!!! Defensive strategy worked in our favor as we held them to the outside and Valderhaug made the saves he needed to hold the team in it. This win was amazing for the team's morale, which was down in the dumps. Hopefully they build off this victory and we can pull out of the relegation zone.

Well That Ended Quickly

View attachment 310252View attachment 310253

This team seemed to be destined to be relegated. Fired after our loss to the top team in which we needed a win to have a shot at missing the relegation zone. Oh well, time for my next job, though I'm patiently waiting for it. A lot of teams laughed at my job offer :'(

View attachment 311877

Fantastic first month. The Friendlies were set up and coached by my assistant. The loss to Kelmis was tough since we controlled the play with our 4-1-1-2-1. A weird goal off Tanner resulted in our 1-0 loss.

Our first win came against 2nd ranked La Louviere Centre and what a win it was. We dominated in all aspects of the game and the defense kept their shots off target(8 of 10 shots).

To end the month we knocked off the top ranked team Union SG in a 3-0 blowout. Set up in a counter style of play the boys gave Union absolutely no room to do anything while dominating in the tackling department.

Pretty banging start to my 2nd team.

END OF SEASON
Heartbreaking end as we just barely miss out on the playoffs and a great shot at promotion thanks to two draws in the final three games to top 10 teams and the wacky rules that are Belgium football.

View attachment 316967View attachment 316968View attachment 316969

World Cup 2014
What a crazy World Cup it was. Host Brazil did not make it out of Group Play(Portugal, Norway, Iran all tied Brazil), US faced the Group of Death(Argentina,England, Nigeria), and then THIS GOES AND HAPPENS:
View attachment 316972

Crazy football world we live in.

Now to the Off-Season and what a ****-tacular off-season it was. Lost 18 players after contract talks stalled due to my penny pinching board. Agreed to contracts with a dozen players during the 2014 season(may have caused the penny pinching, if so i'm dumb) so they all came to the team July 1st and I have a couple loans coming in to help on the backline since my starting CBs wanted nothing to do with the club. Add on the fact that two of my top players requested moves to bigger clubs and I've got the makings of a FUN year....

Managed to talk Van Ruyskenvelde(my 4.5 Star DM) into staying and helping us get promoted. We need to get promoted to dig this club out of the ditch that is -$$$$ and our $2.2M debt. If we don't get promoted I doubt I'll stick around.

View attachment 317501

Colin was the one I could not persuade him to stay, so I transfer listed him and got no bites. After I stripped the captaincy from him, he proceeded to ***** about it to me. Told him since he didn't want to stay, why should he be captain. He bitched some more so I finished the conversation and mutually terminated his contract. Some people lol

August-November Update
View attachment 327577View attachment 327579

So far no losses this year besides in the Colidis Cup to Jupiter League side Rise. Not the ideal start to the year but we're close to the top competitions. Not bad considering the caliber of players I lost during the offseason. My 2-1-2-1-4 has been keeping us into these games or dominating games. Fans have been praising my name.

BUT WAIT
View attachment 327578

Are you kidding me? I heard rumbling that I was on a short leash before the 2-0 loss to Rise, but apparently despite losing a lot of talent FCV Dender was projected as #1 and the board agreed with that. So a 6-8-0 Record and two points out of the 2nd place warrants getting fired. So with that my Belgium career is over. Time to find a new job.

View attachment 327583

Newly promoted SFM Senec has hired me to a one year deal. They are holding their own in the Corgon Liga, so I have no idea why they fired their old coach since the media predicted 12th. They also are in the second qualifying group of the UEFA Europa League so hopefully I can make some waves.

View attachment 327604View attachment 327605

As far as the future, I'm hoping the amazing World Cup Chamionship that Slovakia causes some highly talented Slovakian kids to start playing soccer and I can pick them up. I'm hoping to be here for the long haul.

Back