• Thread starter Thread starter Alcaraz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 888
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcaraz

Reaction score
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has confirmed that left-back Nicky Shorey is on the brink of joining West Midlands rivals West Brom.
Skysports.com revealed on Friday that talks were under way and O'Neill
spacer.gif
has now confirmed that a fee has been agreed between the two clubs.
Shorey
spacer.gif
spent the majority of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest
spacer.gif
and Fulham after finding first-team opportunities limited at Villa Park.
spacer.gif

Stephen Warnock has made the left-back spot his own for the Villans in recent times, and O'Neill, while admitting the deal is not "done and dusted", expects the 29-year-old to complete a medical over the weekend.
In place

"Nicky has gone over there for a medical," O'Neill said.
"I would have liked to have filled you in to let you know if that had progressed at this minute but I do know he was going for a medical.
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has confirmed that left-back Nicky Shorey is on the brink of joining West Midlands rivals West Brom.
Skysports.com revealed on Friday that talks were under way and O'Neill
spacer.gif
has now confirmed that a fee has been agreed between the two clubs.
Shorey
spacer.gif
spent the majority of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest
spacer.gif
and Fulham after finding first-team opportunities limited at Villa Park.
spacer.gif

Stephen Warnock has made the left-back spot his own for the Villans in recent times, and O'Neill, while admitting the deal is not "done and dusted", expects the 29-year-old to complete a medical over the weekend.
In place

"Nicky has gone over there for a medical," O'Neill said.
"I would have liked to have filled you in to let you know if that had progressed at this minute but I do know he was going for a medical.

Taken from Sky Sports------http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11698_6299009,00.html

I almost read "Nicky Shorey goes to West Ham." But then I relaxed...

lol....decent enough lad anyways but this will be the last season we see him in the Premiereship I expect

Should've stayed with us to be honest.. :S

Never made it in the Prem. Good luck to the lad..

I agree....good lad anyways and he probably will make the first 11 at West Brom

Nicky Shorey - whatever happened to the future England international from Reading? It's a shame things didn't work out too well at Aston Villa.

Nicky Shorey - whatever happened to the future England international from Reading? It's a shame things didn't work out too well at Aston Villa.

Exactly, should've stayed with us. Surely when he moved to Villa he knew he wouldn't get many games. Shame really, the fans loved him. :S

Its a pity how potential good players career's can be ruined by a bad move etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back