Nil Satis Optimum - Nothing But Good Enough, A LewisDevlin97 Story...

lewisdevlin97

Reaction score
Everton FC
"Nil Satis Optimum"
By Lewis Devlin

Hey guys I'm Lewis and this is my Everton FC story... Hope you enjoy it and feedback is much appreciated, August update follows shortly...

June 31st 2012, The English FA released a statement which stated the following

"Due to Roy Hodgson's surprising heart attack recently, the FA have announced that
Everton Manager, David Moyes has been appointed England manager, indefinitely.
We wish Roy a very speedy recovery and our thoughts are with him and his family."

June 31st 2012, Shortly after this, Everton FC released a statement which read

"As some of you may know, England manager Roy Hodgson, suffered a heart attack a few days ago. As a result, the FA have appointed our manager David Moyes as care taker manager of The England National Team, in their attempts to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. As this is the case, we have decided to relieve David of his duties as Manager of Everton, to pursue his duties as Caretaker Manager of England, at this time we have no more information.
We are very grateful for all he (David) has done for our club and we wish him all the best in this new step in his Managerial Career."

July 1st 2012, Statement from EvertonFC.com.

"We are very happy to reveal our new manager of Everton FC following David Moyes' reign here for over 10 years. Our new manager is Moyes' fellow Scotsman and Everton First Team Coach, Lewis Devlin, who has had a glittering playing career with spells with teams such as Celtic FC, Everton and The Scottish National Team, at this time we have no more information and we wish Lewis all the best in his position as Manager of Everton FC"

Last edited:
Pre-Season/August 2012 Update From Everton FC.

Friendly Matches;

Everton FC v Everton FC Reserves (W 2-1, Pienaar, Mirallas)

We had a pre-booked Tour of Germany Facing lower-league teams.

Everton FC v Klausdorf FC (W 4-1, Jelavic, Jagielka, Naismith, Vellios)

Everton FC v FC Nomads (W 9-1, Jelavic (3), Naismith (3), Pienaar, Amanatidis, Mirallas)

Everton FC v Kaiserslautern FC (W 2-0, Vellios, Jelavic)

Everton FC v Braunschweig FC (W 3-0, Jagielka, Barkley, Mirallas)

Everton FC v Münster (W 5-1, Mirallas, Albiol, Pienaar, Jagielka, Amanatidis)

Everton FC v Kiel (W 2-1, Fellaini, Pienaar)

a very successful tour of Germany ended.

Everton FC v Preston FC (W 3-0, Jelavic, Amanatidis, Jagielka)

Everton FC v Vicenza FC (W 3-1, Jelavic (2), Jagielka)

Barclays Premier League Fixtures;

Everton v Reading (W 3-0, Hunt o.g, Jelavic, Fellaini)

Everton v Southampton (W 4-1, Jelavic (3), Albiol)

Capital One Cup 2nd Round;

Everton v Brentford (W 3-1, Jagielka, Ademilson (2))

Transfer Update;

In:

Ioannis Amandatidis
Paddy McCourt
Raul Albiol
Ademilson
Jack Butland
George Boateng
Tim Cahill
Landon Donovan
Ryan Gauld
Yann M'Vila

Out:

Luke Garbutt
Jake Bidwell
Magaye Gueye
Bryan Oviedo
John Heitinga
Jan Mucha
Tony Hibbert
Victor Anichebe

Yet to Join:

Florent Malouda (1.1.2013)
Christian Wilhelmsson (1.1.2013)

Extra Info:
Club Taken over by Rich Business men consortium, explains the transfers :)
As we all know Craig Leven made a pigs ear of the Scotland Job so I have decided to take that up as well as Everton, so in this game I manage both Everton and Scotland, quite a challenge, if you would like Scotland updates please let me know in the comments below!

hope you enjoy,
if so please tell me if its good,
or not so good
and I'll keep you posted, thanks guys!

SEPTEMBER UPDATE SOON!

Last edited:
I forgot here's my normal Squad I play with:

HOWARD(GK)

BAINES(LB) JAGIELKA(CB) ALBIOL(CB) DISTIN(CB) COLEMAN(RB)

M'VILA(DM)

FELLAINI(CM)

MIRALLAS(AML) DONOVAN(AMR)

JELAVIC(ST)

(MIRALLAS AND DONOVAN PLAY OUT WIDE IN LINE WITH BAINES AND COLEMAN)

SUBS:
BUTLAND
NEVILLE
GIBSON
NAISMITH
DUFFY
PIENAAR
ADEMILSON
BOATENG
BARKLEY
McCOURT
OSMAN
CAHILL (Injured)​

Last edited:
September Update From Everton FC

Fixtures;

Barclays Premier League;

Everton FC v Swansea FC (W 4-2, Jelavic, Cahill, Fellaini, Vellios)

Everton FC v Tottenham Hotspur FC (L 4-1, Naismith)

Everton FC v Manchester City FC (D 0-0)

Captial One Cup 3rd Round;

Everton FC v Coventry (W 2-0, Mirallas (2))

Everton FC have Drawn Tottenham FC in the 4th Round...Looking for revenge from the BPL 4-1 Defeat...

Barclays Premier League;

Everton FC v Q.P.R FC (4-2, Baines (3), Fellaini)

Player of The Month;

Raúl Albiol, Rock at the back, keeps us in most games.

Extra info; if you want to know the Scotland story info in this game, then leave a comment and I'll add it in to the October update ;) thanks guys!

Last edited:
October Update From Everton FC

Everton FC v Fulham FC (W 2-1, Jelavic, Fellaini)

Everton FC v Aston Villa FC (D 2-2, Donovan, Fellaini)

Everton FC v West Ham FC (L 4-2, Ademílson, Cahill)

Capital One Cup 4th Round;

Everton FC v Tottenham Hotspur FC (L 2-0)

Extra Info: we're going through a very bad patch at the moment...I'm hoping it can only get better...

Everton FC Players In The Team Of The Week;

None.

Player Of The Month;
Marouane Fellaini, solid DM, scores lots of goals, knows when to get forward and when to track back, everything you could want in a Midfielder, class...

We're currently lying in 6th place in the Barclays Premier League

if you want Scotland updates or like how the save is going please leave a comment, any feedback/suggestions are much appreciated ;) thanks guys!

Last edited:
November Update From Everton FC.

Everton FC v Newcastle United FC (W 3-1, Jagielka, Ademilson, Fellaini)

Everton FC v Stoke City FC (D 1-1, Ademilson)

Everton FC v Arsenal FC (L 1-0)

Everton FC v Wigan Athletic FC (D 1-1, Naismith)

Barclays Premier League Table;

After 13 games...

1st Manchester City 30pts
2nd Tottenham 28pts
3rd Arsenal 27pts
4th Chelsea 26pts
5th Stoke 24pts
6th Manchester United 23pts
7th Everton 22pts
8th West Ham 21pts
9th Liverpool 18pts
10th Aston Villa 16pts
11th Wigan 15pts
12th Newcastle 12pts
13th Q.P.R 12pts
14th Fulham 10pts
15th Norwich 10pts
16th West Brom 10pts
17th Sunderland 8pts
18th Southampton 7pts
19th Reading 6pts
20th Swansea 2pts

Everton players in Team Of The Week;
None.

Player Of November;
Ademilson, only because he scored 2 goals in 2 games, which isn't even very good...

still going through bad patch....I hope we come through soon...or else I might get sacked...oh well, see you in December!

If you want Scotland updates, or like how the story Is going then leave a comment, or even have a suggestion for me on how to make it better,it's much appreciated guys!

Last edited:
December Update From Everton FC

Everton FC v Manchester United FC (W 1-0! Jelavic, who scored on 30mins! We kept the lead for 70 mins!)

Everton FC v West Bromwich Albion FC (L 1-0)

Everton FC v Liverpool FC (D 1-1, Jelavic)

Everton FC v Sunderland FC (W 3-2, Jagielka, Fellaini (2))

Everton FC v Norwich FC (W 1-0, Fellaini)

Everton FC v Reading FC (D 0-0, Yann M'Vila sent off)

Everton Players in Team Of The Week;

Marouane Fellaini (CM) & Kevin Miralllas (RM)

Managers Player Of The Month;

Nikica Jelavic (ST)

League Position;

currently lying in 5th place in the Barclays Premier League going into the transfer window, next update I'll have all the news on transfers! Bye guys!

Remeber an leave a comment or like, or a transfer suggestion as I'm playing through January now, or if you want to see how I'm getting on with the Scotland national team in this save as well as Everton FC then comment below!

Last edited:
This might be just my personal taste,but I find it easier to see screenshots.

Probably match results, transfer history each season, maybe a league position once a month.

Okay thanks, I'll try that in the next update, just going through January 2013 so there will be transfer updates

I'd like to read about the Scotland side of events. You might want to sign a couple of young Scottish players who you then raise to be superstars at clip and international level;) Good luck

Thanks, haha I didn't think anyone cared about Scotland haha! I'll put in a Scotland update after the January update :)

Also, would be nice to see a screen with detailed team instructions. Also,I'm not sure if this was taking into account injury time or not,but in the december update you say you kept the lead for 70 minutes after scoring at 30,which sums up to 100,not 90.

Keeping the lead for 70 minutes was a mistake...that's my good maths skills coming into action there, the game was 90 minutes not 100 so we kept the lead for 60 not 70...sorry, my bad

Problem guys...I came off this and went on fm13, I went to go to play a match and then I got a crash dump as I was viewing the squads, so I deleted my fm13 folder inside the sports interactive folder, so now I have no saved game for Everton and Scotland, what I'm gonna do is start a new game, but try and make it as realistic to the old save as possible by using the updates in this thread, sorry guys, I'll start a new thread once the new game is set up and I have finished the first update, I'll also add screenshots and pictures for Player of the month etc. again my apologies, sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hate crash dumps!

Ah don't worry,probably better anyway. Just a piece of advice,DO NOT sell gueye for some trinkets like 3M. I've seen most people do so and it is a huge mistake. I sold him after two seasons for 22 M.Also Coleman can usually become a nice piece of business.

Haha, I won't sell them, I think I sold Gueye in the last game but I kept Coleman at right back and sold Hibbert and Heitinga, thanks for the help mate!