Bertol

Reaction score
I would like to create Real life 4231 and I think its like:
4 defenders
2 DMs, two Defensive Midfilders not Central Midfielders
2 WMs, Left midfilder and Right midfilder not Wingers like in 433

But I don't really know The possition of no 10 in definition is CAM but in real football Are they play more like CMs with attack dutyXD? In recreation real life 4231 i should use AM or CM?

I tried for months to create a 4231 tactic that works but finally got this to work for me. For some reason it Won’t let me upload my 4231 but will say how mine is. I have both lb and rb as complete wing backs, both cbs as ball playing cbs, 1 cm as deep lying playmaker on defend and 1 cm as central midfield on support, both winger as inside forwards in attack, advanced playmaker on support, then depending on what forwards your team has I have a target man or complete forward on attack. The team instructions are attacking and very fluid, retain possession, run at defence, work ball into box, exploit the middle, look for over lap, push higher up, close down more, be more expressive, higher tempo. The only individual player instructions I have are on both inside forwards, I have them sit narrower and get forward, then free roam, and then have the left inside forward mark their Rb and my right inside forward mark their lb. might take you 10 mins to set up the tactic but it does work. Iv won everything in my first 2 seasons with Man Utd and only lost 3 games in that time. Hope that helpful for you.

I tried for months to create a 4231 tactic that works but finally got this to work for me. For some reason it Won’t let me upload my 4231 but will say how mine is. I have both lb and rb as complete wing backs, both cbs as ball playing cbs, 1 cm as deep lying playmaker on defend and 1 cm as central midfield on support, both winger as inside forwards in attack, advanced playmaker on support, then depending on what forwards your team has I have a target man or complete forward on attack. The team instructions are attacking and very fluid, retain possession, run at defence, work ball into box, exploit the middle, look for over lap, push higher up, close down more, be more expressive, higher tempo. The only individual player instructions I have are on both inside forwards, I have them sit narrower and get forward, then free roam, and then have the left inside forward mark their Rb and my right inside forward mark their lb. might take you 10 mins to set up the tactic but it does work. Iv won everything in my first 2 seasons with Man Utd and only lost 3 games in that time. Hope that helpful for you.
complete wing back support or attack

Support usually but sometime attack, depends on how game is going, if you use the tactic let me know how you get on.

Support usually but sometime attack, depends on how game is going, if you use the tactic let me know how you get on.

That's pretty similar to mine.

4231 (no dms) is my go to home formation (for away games, I either move the AMC back to DMC or flip to the 523 silliness if really needed).

For mine, I have both CDs as ball playing CDs on defend. My two fullbacks are set as wing-backs on support and set to cross from deep.

One CM is a deep lying play maker (support) the other is an advanced playmaker (also support). Sometimes I'll make them defend and attack but it seems to make no real difference so I typically change them up based on player suitability (as I type this, I realize I should probably try support + attack or defend + support and see if that makes a difference).

My AML and AMR are usually wingers (attack) with an AMC that's a Shadow Striker or Advanced Playmaker (attack) and a Target Man (Support).

I set the Target man to Hold up the ball and either try risky passes (for my one target man that has high passing and flair) or fewer risky passes (for my other target man who's just a brick wall).

Team instructions are: Exploit right and left flank, retain possession, short passing or one notch up from that, full closing down or one notch down from that, express yourselves and either a high tempo normal defensive line with max width (against teams that are likely to pack it in and I want to spread the field) or lower tempo, high line with one notch down on width (for better teams that I want to stay compact.

I oscillate between fluid and flexible and attack/standard/control/counter as the game dictates (usually starting out attack or standard).

I've had better luck with this in most games than the 523 formation that goes around. i think that formation is only better than this when you're facing rough away games.