• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 978
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Members,

Was a bit annoyed to log on today and see yet another 'Member of the Month' closed due to spam. Identical to the first ever time i tried out the idea. I've decided to scrap the competition, there will be no more 'Member of the Month'. I'm glad to see some threads taking shape such as 'Kit of the Week' that will allow members to interact in competitions. I really don't want to name and shame the members that spammed and have caused me to make the decision, but its best I let you guys know in advance. On that note, thank you to Ride The Walrus for making 3 or 4 off topic posts going on about moderators etc. I really hate spammers on forums, and it just really annoys me to see these things. On a more serious note, thank you to Kris, Jake and missbecky for trying to handle the spam issue, although i guess some people don't learn. I doubt that i will actually revive the thread yet again, i'd encourage people to try out these type of competition threads, just be aware of various members.

Heres the thread that was closed.
- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f23/...e-month-march-voting-thread-t32725/page3.html

I guess this months winner is StuW, although it really was ruined. Thanks to all that took part and voted, I will be back to making my original type of style threads soon.

Thanks,
FourFourTwo.

Last edited:
I knew this would happen.Too many people giving their own opinion on their vote etc. etc. and now it's gone.

Congrats to StuW btw..

To be honest, I thought it was a bit of a **** idea. There are alot of people that do stuff that dont get any recognition, but it did seem to turn into a bit of a popularity contest. Also with people having the reasoning to pick someone because 'they have a cool name' or things like that made it a bit of a joke. Maybe it would have worked if it was in the Premium members only area.

Does anything need to be said? Kris hit the nail on the head with "Far too much spam,off topic dribble,****** posts and pointless arguments over nothing."

And the fact people were moaning over every choice.. I personally don't think we need a Member of The Month..

The thing that got me ****** the most was people saying "vote for me because I've made loads of really cool threads.." etc.

Can you just let this die now and close it? There's no point debating.. Kris closed it and it was for the best.

Last edited:
To be honest, I thought it was a bit of a **** idea. There are alot of people that do stuff that dont get any recognition, but it did seem to turn into a bit of a popularity contest. Also with people having the reasoning to pick someone because 'they have a cool name' or things like that made it a bit of a joke. Maybe it would have worked if it was in the Premium members only area.

Agreed with that.

It got out of hand and some members ruined it for everyone :S will probs be better without one anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back