No Place to Hyde - A FMH Story

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3K

W4NKER

Reaction score
Before we begin...

So I've reached the stage were I'm bored of FM12. In truth I wasn't even going to get this years version only for the new add/remove leagues feature to convince me otherwise. No doubt its a fantastic feature and one FM has been crying out for for years.

However, I've grown exceptionally tired of the other excessive features most notably the TEAM TALKS. I have nightmares about them to be honest and, for me, FM has gone too far into realism there with so many different tones and responses. I'm a simple man who just likes to process through seasons as quickly as possible, buy players, develop a great tactic and WIN WIN WIN.

And so, I bought FMH for the iPhone and I LOVE IT. No team talks, no agents, no barrage of press conferences. Just simple FM gaming. Its pretty much like Championship Manager 01/02, and for anyone old enough to have played it CM0102 is arguably the king of the CM/FM series.

Anyway, down to business. Haven't noticed any FMH stories on here so I thought I'd start one.

View attachment 245842

No Place to Hyde

Hyde Football Club, a little known semi-professional club from Greater Manchester, have today sensationally appointed former Manchester United and England full back Gary Neville as their new manager. In a major coup, owner John Manship and chairman Allan Kenyon have declared that Neville's appointment signals the beginning of a new era for the Tigers, one which will see the club propel itself to the very top of the English football pyramid.

These are clearly big ambitions for a club whose only claim to fame is having the record for the biggest ever defeat in English football history, a 26-0 loss to neighbours Preston North End in the FA Cup.

_______
Follow me: @FM2012Gamer

A New Dawn Begins

New Hyde manager, Gary Neville, has immediately set about trying to develop a squad capable of competing in the tough Blue Square North division. Whilst not favourites for promotion this year, the chairman has set Neville a target of consolidation and possible play off push. However, it is expected that Neville can get Hyde out of the BSN within two seasons as the club seek to rise up the football ladder.

Info

View attachment 245861

Formation

View attachment 245862

Matchday Squad

View attachment 245863

Key Players

View attachment 245864View attachment 245865

@FM2012Gamer

The Season Begins...

August 2011

View attachment 245878

A blistering start to the league campaign. Boston are one of the favourites for promotion but a Omer Riza debut hat-trick sealed the points.

View attachment 245879

After the highs of the Boston win, we came crashing back to earth. Goalkeeper David Carnell had an absolute nightmare. A new GK is a must before the window closes.

View attachment 245880

An emphatic return to winning ways. Strikers Broadbent and Spencer ran riot.

View attachment 245881

Despite falling behind early on, the lads regrouped and put Nuneaton to the sword. Scoring goals doesnt seem to be a problem. Keeping them out is!

(Forgot to take screenshots of the league table as I went along. Will follow soon)

A Great Start Continues..

September 2011

View attachment 245887

The scoreline suggests a tight game but we really should have been out of sight early on as we dominated from the start.

View attachment 245888

A great comeback from 2-0 after 16 mins. Our leaky defence gives me nightmares!

View attachment 245889

Another great attacking display. Only seconds from a clean sheet. An improvement at least.

FA Cup Qual 2nd Rnd

View attachment 245890

A comfortable win as expected against a team even further down the league system than us!

@FM2012Gamer

Great start, and I'm loving a story to do with Football Manager Handheld! I did start one earlier, but it didn't really get going so I stopped it. However, I hope you continue this as it is an interesting challenge. You've started brilliantly, although if you want to get to the Premier League soon, you need to get out of the Blue Square North in one season!

Good luck and keep it up! Oh, and Omer Riza is really a beast, I'm surprised you've managed to sign him! He's League Two standard, in my opinion!

​- PZW

Great start, and I'm loving a story to do with Football Manager Handheld! I did start one earlier, but it didn't really get going so I stopped it. However, I hope you continue this as it is an interesting challenge. You've started brilliantly, although if you want to get to the Premier League soon, you need to get out of the Blue Square North in one season!

Good luck and keep it up! Oh, and Omer Riza is really a beast, I'm surprised you've managed to sign him! He's League Two standard, in my opinion!

​- PZW
Yea he's an animal. Over a goal a game. I'll post a screen shortly. Cheers for following

The Dream Start extended...

October 2011

View attachment 245908

A solid win. Good to see a more some good defending.

FA Cup Qual 3rd Rnd

View attachment 245909

A sloppy first half almost cost us. However, a great second half fightback sees us into the next round.

View attachment 245910

Omer Riza continues his fine goalscoring form with a brace in this 4-0 rout.

View attachment 245912

A local derby is always tense but a magnificent 4 goal haul from Riza was the icing on the cake in this romp.

FA Cup Qual 4th Rnd

View attachment 245913

Despite being at home we were slight underdogs against Blue Square Premier side Braintree. Nevertheless our great form continued as we put 4 past Braintree to secure our place in the First Round proper and a tie against Aldershot.

View attachment 245914

Our toughest game in recent weeks. Only a late winner from sub Shaun Goodhall secured another 3 points.

League Table

View attachment 245915

A truly fantastic start to the season. Can we be caught? I hope not!

A Season Of Glory??

View attachment 245911

@FM2012Gamer

Back