no prem teams in fa cup!

• Thread starter Thread starter euanscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2K

euanscfc

Reaction score
no its not they played that earlier its the fourth round proper ive checked.

Anyone have any idea how i can get rid of this because it is definatly fourth round not fourth qual round?

Can I see a screenshot? To screenshot just press Alt + F9 when on the screen you want to capture. From there, click on the 'Insert Image' picture on the reply bit, and then you go to C:>User>My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2012>screenshots.

ive took the screenshot but it doesnt show up in the folder. I can upload it onto steam if that helps?

It says 4th qualifying round.
edit.. nvm lol that's the one where the games have already been played.

I think I had that db once the prem teams will come in a few rounds later if it's the same as the tier 10 db I had a while ago.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is still the qualifying round and the higher-league teams will enter the cup later on. I'm playing Blyth and went up to npower 2 from BSN and I remember that in BSN you start the FA cup games early on in the season - I'm half-way through the season in npower 2 and I haven't had the draw for FA cup matches yet, so I'm assuming I have to wait for the lower leagues to finish their play-offs.

Go to your boardroom and check your competition expectations. If you have an expectation to reach a certain round of the FA cup, then you're in the competition, so you'll probably just need to wait a while.

Ok similar problem.

I changed the name of my team from Thurrock (in BSS) to Saint Evenage (personal reasons!).

Anyway, I don't appear to be in the FA cup - as advised above I checked the board expectations and there aren't any.

This also happened to me last week in FM 2011. The first season I figured Thurrock had already been knocked out by the time I started playing but come the second year I still wasn't in it. This caused a rage quite and, rather than start from scratch, I bought FM2012. When playing around with a few bits in the Editor I did check to make sure I'd be in the FA Cup, but there didn't seem to be any option for this either way. Likewise I've bought FMRTE to change it in there, but again no option.

Has anyone come across this before, and do you have a fix? Is it because of the name change?

Also, I did change the founded year (which was blank) to 2010. Not sure if that's relevant...

Ok, now have just restarted the game, having removed the name change. Still no FA CUP expectation in the boardroom. Please help, this is doing my nut!!!

hi lads i downloaded this update Eng Lower Leagues V4 Level 10 + Cups + Awards - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats and i am enjoying the save except for one thing, only teams below the bss/bsn are in the fa cup and its in the fourth round now(and its only november) is there anyway i can stop this or has anyone else had this problem or know a better patch i can use for lower leagues?

help much appriciated:D

i'm pretty sure that's a case of you can't have enough qulifying rounds so the round names are slightly off but the teams will still come into the cup at the same date as normal.

Ok, now have just restarted the game, having removed the name change. Still no FA CUP expectation in the boardroom. Please help, this is doing my nut!!!

it's either to do with the year founded or a lack of league history as i think you need 2-3 years of history competing in the leagues before you can participate in the fa cup/ league cup/ fa trophy. it might be more though so if i was you i'd change year founded to 2000 and then give them at least 5 years of fake history and then they should show up in the cups.

check the history, its probably the FA Trophy cause thats in there for semi pro sides

Back