Non footballing costs

• Thread starter Thread starter Calz88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

Calz88

Reaction score
I looked at my finances as although my finances are very healthy I still lose money each month so I tried to see where my moneys going and realised that I lost 31million last year on non footballing costs what are they??

Think about the things that are behind the scenes of a large football club:
Corporate costs, Insurance, Policing....

But in terms of things you can control -

Scouting (think plane tickets, hotels) - could be a large chunk of it, especially if you have lots of scouts working in lots of different countries/continents.

Non footballing costs is wages paid out to non football staff.. I.e your directors are rinsing you.

Last season I spent £11,000,000 in non footballing costs, not surprising considering I have 1 Chairman, 2 Managing Directors, 2 Directors of Football, & 2 Directors.. Then you've also got the kit man, tea, lady, receptionist, etc.

Last edited:
Non footballing costs is wages paid out to non football staff.. I.e your directors are rinsing you.

Last season I spent £11,000,000 in non footballing costs, not surprising considering I have 1 Chairman, 2 Managing Directors, 2 Directors of Football, & 2 Directors.. Then you've also got the kit man, tea, lady, receptionist, etc.

I have 2 directors and a chairman and I spent 31m last year on non footballing costs!! How can I get them down?

It seems to scale with the league you are in and the size and reputation of your club of which scouting takes a large cut. In real life it will be things non playing staff, marketing (the biggest), insurance and legal costs.

players prostitutes, cocaine, champagne, ferrari's are not part of there wage

Any other ideas then? As I cant do much about my receptionists etc!!

Still having a big problem with this? Anybody give me any advice?

Back