• Thread starter Thread starter dazamfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4K

dazamfc

Reaction score
View attachment 254819

Northern Ireland: A New Dawn

My Name is Darren Sneddon and I have taken charge of Northern Ireland in the hope of taking them right to the top! I will give regular updates which will give you match reports and any Key News updates.

I hope you's enjoy. The next updates will be more detailed than this one, I am just underline my plans for this story here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff Changes

Out

Billy McKinlay (Assistant Manager)
Christophe Moulin (Coach)
Mal Donaghy (Coach)
Terry Hayes (Physio)
Steve Beaglehole (U21 Manager)

In

Neil Lennon (Assistant Manager)
Neil Adair (Coach)
Rob Walker (Coach)
John Murray (Coach)
Allan Fettis (Coach)
Brian Cassidy (Physio)
Pat Rice (U21 Manager)
Mal Donaghy (U19 Manager)

Comments

I was delighted with the appointments I made with regards to my staff. I was over the moon when Neil Lennon LEFT CELTIC! to become my assistant manager full time, I was also delighted to acquire the services of the highly experienced Pat Rice as my Under 21 manager.

Results

European Championship Qualifier

10/8/11
Northern Ireland 5-1 Faroe Island
Scorers: David Healy (3), Robert Cullen (2)
MOTM: David Healy

Comments: A fantastic victory to start of my reign as manager. I was expecting a win but I didn't expect us to dominate the match so much. It is also encouraging knowing how much quality I have to work with and the future looks bright!

2/9/11
Northern Ireland 1-1 Serbia
Scorer: Steven Davis
MOTM: Steven Davis

Comments: I anticipated a hard match and that is exactly what it was against a strong Serbia side. When I compared the two lineups, I expected them to dominate the match but I am very happy to come away with a point, hopefully it is enough in securing a playoff place.

6/9/11
Estonia 1-3 Northern Ireland
Scorers: David Healy (2), Chris Brunt
MOTM: David Healy

Comments: A great away win in the first of a double header over Estonia. I am over the moon at the performance by the boys and they really are showing to be a great team who can go places.

7/10/11

Northern Ireland 0-4 Estonia
MOTM: Joel Lindpier (Estonia)

Comments: Cant believe we beat the same team convincingly only a month ago! We were over-run, dominated and embarrassed for the full 90 minutes and it now means that we have to beat Italy in our last game to get a playoff place.

European Championship Qualifers

11/10/11
Italy 2-0 Northern Ireland
MOTM: Sebastian Giovinco (Italy)

Comments: We needed a win, well a miraclereally and it didn't happen. We cant get a playoff spot now and its about building to the next campaign by playing in as many friendlies as possible. Onwards and upwards!

Back