• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 730

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Newly promoted Norwich sign striker James Vaughan from Everton on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

More...

Was hoping he'd get a few minutes this season, but considering the current state of finances I guess every penny counts.

Vaughan is a good youngster, but not given much of a chance at Everton, and they need the money. A fantastic signing for Norwich, which will probably relegated Simeon Jackson to the bench.

Isn't he always injured? Or was that just in that Everton FM save I had going?

Did pretty well for Palace. Admittedly has injury problems, but maybe he can put those behind him. Excellent striker if given the chance, good buy.

Thought Anichebe was the one who is always injured ?

This guy is pretty injury prone.

9 goals in 30, including a hat-trick, for a struggling side is average at best for someone who will be going into the Premier League.

Palace had an option to sign him for £1m but turned it down also

I still reckon he's a good player, despite his injury problems. It also signals Norwich's intent and it's good to get someone in early so they can gel with the squad. I reckon he'll become Norwich's DJ Campbell.

@Luke: Palace aren't exactly rich, so £1m is quite a bit for them.

This guy is pretty injury prone.

9 goals in 30, including a hat-trick, for a struggling side is average at best for someone who will be going into the Premier League.

Palace had an option to sign him for £1m but turned it down also

Doesn't tell the whole story. I went to watch him a couple times (Palace are my local side and I hold an affection for them) and his hold up play was excellent, and he ran the channels well.

Back