Not crossing, but passing strikers by wingers

Dragon77

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have two offensive wingers and two strikers and I need help with settings to make a situation like this :

1) I want my players distribute ball to my wingers and then :

2) I want winger takes ball and run with ball as far as he has a good opportunity to PASS the ball to first or second striker who is at the front of the goal and has so easy chance to score. I don't want wingers make normal crosses, because I have fast strikers and want to play in another way. So I prefer to my winger PASSES ball to striker who only has to put a ball to empty goal...

Any ideas how to do it ? I saw sometimes wingers make this, but mostly they are crossing ball to head or to far post to another winger...

Thanks for any help !!!

Player instructions??? set crossing to the lowest setting and put passing on whatever you want them to do

Player instructions??? set crossing to the lowest setting and put passing on whatever you want them to do

But then when winger gets to byline he turns around and pass back to cm or full back. So ?

Try setting them to either advance playmakers or inside forwards, and in player instructions set wide play as moves into channels or cuts inside. Through balls often, crossing rarely. Set one of your front men as target man and have supply set as run onto ball.

The game at the moment is not a finished product. This and many other little problems need to be fixed I have had the same sort of trouble with other instructions.

I'd play your wingers as advanced playmaker-attack. Set their passing to direct - it's direct scoring passes to strikers that you want them to make.

I'd also set the team crossing to drill crosses, and have the wingers cross from byline and aim for the near post. With those settings, if they do cross the ball it will look more like a pass anyway.

You could also try ticking the counter attack box to get your wingers looking to break away more often.

I'd play your wingers as advanced playmaker-attack. Set their passing to direct - it's direct scoring passes to strikers that you want them to make.

I'd also set the team crossing to drill crosses, and have the wingers cross from byline and aim for the near post. With those settings, if they do cross the ball it will look more like a pass anyway.

You could also try ticking the counter attack box to get your wingers looking to break away more often.

Thanks ! I'll try and let You know what is the result ;-)

Set wingers to Run with ball often and crossing rarely and through balls to sometimes/often..