Not doing as good as i thought i would with Barnsley fc

• Thread starter Thread starter shane1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

shane1

Reaction score
Currently managing Barnsley want to get promoted to the premiership had a few league matches just started the season played 4 matches draw 2 and lose 2, just spent £17 million on players new players I’ve signed are

Ben Alnwick
Delron Buckley
Andrews Davis
Leandro Gioda
Rib Hulse
Eric Licha
Glenn Loovens
Teko Modise
Emile Mpenza
Frank Simek
Francois Zoko

I’m playing 4-1-3-2 tactics says the team are fully use to the tactics
Set it up as
Philosophy: Balance
Strategy : Control
Shorter passing style
More explosive creative freedom
Stand off more
More cautious tackling
Zonal marking
Float crosses
Stick to position
Deep defensive line
Width normal
Tempo slow
And some times time waste

Im not doing as good I expected is there anything I can chance to make me win and any ideas on good players I can sign i want a good goal scorer etc. cheers guys

If your strategy is control then I'd suggest playing a high defensive line, you want to get your defence involved with the control. If your passing game is short but your defence and midfield are too far apart it'd make it a bit difficult to keep the game under control. Try playing a higher line.

Also change from zonal to man marking, just a preference but seems to work better in my games.

I'm assuming by 4-1-3-2 you have a defensive midfielder in the "1"? You aren't playing with 1 centre mid and 3 attacking midfielders are you? Cos that'd be why you have problems if you are.

Ok ill try that then cheers, and yea got a defensive mid in the 1, also what touchline instructions would you recommend for scoring and keep wining? cheers

just lost 2-1 to hull im having a few chances at scoring but the players aint getting it in the net

How did you get 17 million to spend with barnsley?? lol

Back