Not FM related

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaz1984
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 776

Gaz1984

Reaction score
As an Everton fan I am yet again left totally astonished that Spain over look Mikel Arteta.

I know there midfield to start a game is, more or less the best in the world.

But Mikey has been playing very well of late and warrants a squad place at least.

End of next year I think he qualfies for England. (I wonder)

Any thoughts?

Personally, i feel that even if he did qualify for England next year, he still shouldn't play for us, unless in extreme circumstances.

Welsh

Who are you gonna drop to play Arteta? Xavi,Fabregas,Silva,Senna,Alonso,Iniesta,? Sorry but as good as Arteta is he isn't as good as them.

Who are you gonna drop to play Arteta? Xavi,Fabregas,Silva,Senna,Alonso,Iniesta,? Sorry but as good as Arteta is he isn't as good as them.

No I would agree with that he would not start but he warrants a place on the bench

Its not right one country having so many quality midfielders.Yeah i think he could make the squad.I think the thing that goes against Arteta is he's not played much football in the spanish league and the spanish are a bit funny about that.He has virtually built his whole rep at Rangers & Everton.I bet if he moved to a spanish club he'd get picked.

Its not right one country having so many quality midfielders.Yeah i think he could make the squad.I think the thing that goes against Arteta is he's not played much football in the spanish league and the spanish are a bit funny about that.He has virtually built his whole rep at Rangers & Everton.I bet if he moved to a spanish club he'd get picked.

Bang on there, I think Ath Madrid may be a little to tempting for him this summer

I agree, Arteta is class...for Everton or a team around that mark but he isnt world class like the above names and wont win you any titles.

Does he really merit a bench spot when you have all those names ahead of him?

Yup I dontt hink anyone doubts Artetas quality, but on the other hand no one thinks hes better than the 6 mentioned so even if they play 3 CM's, which they did are you really gunna put another 3 on the bench.

nice thread title btw

I agree, Arteta is class...for Everton or a team around that mark but he isnt world class like the above names and wont win you any titles.

Does he really merit a bench spot when you have all those names ahead of him?

Yes, He does in my opinion. England have a load of players in the sqaud worse that don't warrant a call up, look at Carlton Cole.

I just think Spain should give the lad a chance, you don't know until you try.

Yes England do but Spain are better than England

Whats an English striker got to do with Arteta not playing for Spain.

Even if both teams were as good as each other it wouldnt make sense, The problem with Spain is they have too many players better than him in his position

Personally, i feel that even if he did qualify for England next year, he still shouldn't play for us, unless in extreme circumstances.

Welsh

i think to not want arteta on the england side is so silly he's quality can play on the left would be alot more intresting than downing or joe cole even though i do like joe but mikel arteta is plays so attractively not wanting him in the team is silly england are so boring!

i truly belive arteta doesnt get into the spain team is

because he doesnt suit thier play eg. spain like to play possesion each player interchanging with each other.

arteta's style is like play for set pieces which he is good at delivering a dead ball.

anyway. on to playing for england, if he was to play for england it would be sad to be honest. There are loads more players that should be given a chance such as ashley young at left winger, theo walcott as a striker since hes a natural striker, joe hart, carrick, james milner and some others.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

I just wanted to het peoples opinions.

Thanks to all that posted

Just to add to this debate

Everton's Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta has not ruled out playing for England when he becomes eligible for British citizenship next January.

So would you want him if to play for England?

Back