Not responding?

• Thread starter Thread starter benrp12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6K

benrp12

Reaction score
I've been trying to start a new game, and whilst it is setting up the database, it stops and says not responding on
the top. Just wondering anyway to counteract this? I am using a custom database I may add.

Cheers, Ben

Also, i've attempted to start the new game numerous times, and it seems to stop at the same point each time.

you sure you're installing it correctly and to the right place?

That's most likely the problem, i'm a bit of a noob at this stuff. As far as I know, you extract something into the editor data folder and do tick things in the preferences. I think I might have extracted the wrong file into the editor data, as usually it says exactly what to put in there, but this time it didn't.

That's most likely the problem, i'm a bit of a noob at this stuff. As far as I know, you extract something into the editor data folder and do tick things in the preferences. I think I might have extracted the wrong file into the editor data, as usually it says exactly what to put in there, but this time it didn't.
I would have another go at it, extracting a different file this time and then seeing if it works. Keep trying until it does. If not then come back here :)

Nothing is working. I even found a different database that went lower in the English leagues, but that one doesn't respond either, which makes me think this is a problem with the game itself. I just don't want to reinstall it, because then i'll lose my other save :'(.

well if the standard database works fine then you must be installing the new database incorrectly.

I would have another go at it, extracting a different file this time and then seeing if it works. Keep trying until it does. If not then come back here :)

Nothing is working. I even found a different database that went lower in the English leagues, but that one doesn't respond either, which makes me think this is a problem with the game itself. I just don't want to reinstall the game, because then i'll lose my other save :'(.

Nothing is working. I even found a different database that went lower in the English leagues, but that one doesn't respond either, which makes me think this is a problem with the game itself. I just don't want to reinstall the game, because then i'll lose my other save :'(.
Do non-custom databases still work fine if you try to start a new game?

Just tried, non-custom database didn't work, so it's a recent problem. My current save was with a different custom database, if that means anything.

WAAAAIIIIT the normal database worked in the end, I just left it and it worked. I did try waiting for the custom ones, but it wasn't responding even after about half an hour.

WAAAAIIIIT the normal database worked in the end, I just left it and it worked. I did try waiting for the custom ones, but it wasn't responding even after about half an hour.
what are your computer specs?

I assume you mean things like this(?):
Windows 7
Intel Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU
4 GB RAM
64-bit operating system

Sorry, wasn't quite sure what you meant :L

W00T FOR PATIENCE. It worked eventually, hopefully you're not mad at me for wasting your time. :)

W00T FOR PATIENCE. It worked eventually, hopefully you're not mad at me for wasting your time. :)
haha no worries :) just glad it works. It's a fairly slow processor so not too surprising it took a while. How big a database is it?

Back