FManagerHD

Reaction score
Steve Cotterill sacked from Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest's new owners the Al-Hasawi family have sacked Steve Cotterill. Forest have released a statement saying; "Nottingham Forest can confirm Steve Cotterill's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. We wish him well for the future but as we have bought the club we feel it is time for a fresh start. We have a shortlist of candidates for the job and we are aiming to hire a young manager with fresh ideas." Cotterill has commented saying that "It is upsetting to leave but I am looking forward to the next job I get and I wish Nottingham Forest the best under their next manager." Managerial candidates are expected to be:
Sean O'Driscoll:
O'Driscoll cancelled his contract with Crawley before starting but has a decent record in management
Phil Parkinson
Parkinson has managerial experience in the Championship and could fancy a return to the second tier of English football management
Stephen Gibbs
Steve Cotterill's number two kept his job at the City Ground and due to his young age is popular with the players and has a UEFA Continental License. Gibbs has no managerial experience but has worked at Nottingham Forest since he started coaching. The ex-Arsenal player made 100 appearances from the age of 16 to 23 scoring 52 goals.