• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 849

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Charles N'Zogbia moves from Wigan to Aston Villa after finalising a five-year deal.

More...

Good player for Villa, will be decent with him and Albrighton on the wings with Bent through the middle.

Good player for Villa, will be decent with him and Albrighton on the wings with Bent through the middle.
Hopefully with Stephen Ireland back to his best make for a very good front 4

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

now they dont have to play Heskey as a LW ;)

Pool payed what 20mill for Downing and Villa have payed half of that for a player who i dont think is much worse if not at all than Downing and is 2 years younger. Bargain!!!

Boom!

scaled.php

Called this as soon as Downing was linked with Pool :P Great signing in my opinion. Will wear #10 shirt vacated by Carew I believe..

Boom!

scaled.php

Called this as soon as Downing was linked with Pool :P Great signing in my opinion. Will wear #10 shirt vacated by Carew I believe..

There's not a massive 10 on his shirt for no reason :P

Pool payed what 20mill for Downing and Villa have payed half of that for a player who i dont think is much worse if not at all than Downing and is 2 years younger. Bargain!!!

Different deals entirely. Wigan need to sell more than Villa did, and Downing had two years left, as opposed to one year on N'Zogbia

What Mike said. Also, two different types of players -Downing is the player we needed most, and we had to pay big money for the reasons that Mike. quoted.

I think the N'Zog is a great signing for Aston Villa, you have the playing style of Downing, but the near quickness of Ashley Young in N'Zog.

Good luck to him , good player from what i have seen.
If Downing is worth £20M , N'Zogbia for £9.5M .. steal! XD

Good luck to him , good player from what i have seen.
If Downing is worth £20M , N'Zogbia for £9.5M .. steal! XD
Different deals entirely. Wigan need to sell more than Villa did, and Downing had two years left, as opposed to one year on N'Zogbia
--------------------------
I think the N'Zog is a great signing for Aston Villa, you have the playing style of Downing, but the near quickness of Ashley Young in N'Zog.

They don't really have the same playing styles. N'Zogbia dribbles and cuts inside, Downing runs down the wing and crosses.

--------------------------

They don't really have the same playing styles. N'Zogbia dribbles and cuts inside, Downing runs down the wing and crosses.

This. If anything he is more of a replacement for Young.

Well done AMac. Last signing of the summer, and it's the one we needed. No Heskey on the wing though :(

This. If anything he is more of a replacement for Young.

Definitely. On the other flank, Albrighton replaces Downing, being slower and a better crosser than N'Zogbia. That said, Albrighton's quicker than Downing, and a far superior dribbler.

N'Zogbia----------Albrighton
-----------Heskey------------

What an attack.

Fecking bezzing about this signing, I really rate him. I didn't paticularly rate Downing, we need to hope that Albrighton steps up this season.

Back