Observations of full game tactics + help required

beaker5353

Reaction score
So my retail copy of FM arrived yesterday and i have to say after playing on the demo and now the full game im very impressed with it.

Im not a tactical genius and dont try to be i like sticking to 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3 wingers. I have noticed that about 75% of teams use either a 4-3-3 wingers or a 4-2-3-1 which is frustrating as wingers are very powerful in this game! Bolton and Everton were the two surprise teams after 15 games, Everton lying 2nd!!!! and Bolton 5th. My Liverpool were 7th after a run of draws and narrow victories. However, it really frustrates me how on several occasions i have been comfortably winning 2-0 or 3-0 and have had my leads reduced sometimes even losing 4-3 on one occasion to Sunderland! because my team just stop playing. I have tried all i can think of to stop this happening but nothing works. I have to say its infuriating and i shall be waiting for someone like JP to post some ready made tactics. Another thing that is annoying is the Takeover saga of Liverpool, in real life Henry is the owner, so why not on the game? im stuck with the two Yanks of Hicks and Gilette who say i will recieve 65% of sales, but after selling Lucas for £5mil its reduced to 25% and i get sod all!

Good game but frustrating!

In answer to your Liverpool saga issue. The patch which will be released tomorrow fixes this.

As for tactics, when everyone has played the game for a few days/weeks there will be lots and lots of tactics available for you to have a look at. :)

In the meantime you could try reading the TT&F from FM10. Although it's for last years game, alot of the basic principles still apply.

Ah cheers buddy didnt realise the patch would sort this, was a wee bit annoying!

I am willing to be patient and wait for tactics, just getting my *** handed to me until they come out!!

I have read it and to be honest i understand the basics but will sit down and read throught it properly some point!