Finances: Secure
Average Ticket Price: £20.00
Average Season Ticket Price: £350.00
Season Ticket Holders: 20,500
Estimated Value: £36.5m
Continental Competition: None
Media Prediction: 20th
Squad Personality: Professional

Goalkeepers: One of the weaker areas of the squad. Myhill has had a much deserved stat increase in FM10 but still isn’t a great keeper. He still should provide adequate though if your target is only to avoid relegation. The other keepers are Matt Duke and Tony Warner. Neither is great to be honest but if you’re short on cash Duke can still do a decent job as a back-up keeper for 1 more year. I’d advise selling Warner as he is way past his peak and his stats should start declining straight away. Don’t expect a high bid for him though.

Who to sell: Tony Warner
Transfer target: Vincent Enyeama, Stipe Pletikosa, Scott Carson
One for the future: Giovanni Pignataro

Defenders: Hulls defenders in FM are that bad to be honest. Both Zayatte and Gardner have 15+ stats in all the right places and Sonko and Mouyokolo, who is a great player for the future, have good stats as well and make good back-up. But there is only one natural full back for each position which is a problem. But an easy way to get round this problem is to retrain Paul Mcshane and Kevin Kilbane as full backs as both play well there or you can buy two full backs as there are plenty of decent transfer targets. Nathan Doyle is another full-back but he’s nowhere near Premiership quality.

Who to sell: Nathan Doyle
Transfer target: Javier Garrido, Andriy Nesmachnyi
One for the future: Liam Cooper

Midfielders: Hull are very strong in the middle of the park boasting a host of quality central midfielders. Record signing, Jimmy Bullard is a great player once he returns from injury as is Geovanni. Dean Marney is also great back-up and could even make the first team because of his consistent performances and high work-rate. On the defensive side of things you have Seyi Olofinjana who is a very good ball winning midfielders and of course two veterans, Ian Ashbee and George Boateng who can be used as back-up and tutors. There’s the ageing Brian Hughes as well in the reserve squad but he definitely won’t be able to get a game with the amount of depth in Hulls midfield. I’d advise you to sell him. On the wings you’re not short of options either. Geovanni can also play on the right and should be started ahead of Craig Fagan. On the left there isn’t much quality so here is a place where the midfield could perhaps be improved.

Who to sell: Brian Hughes
Transfer target: Georgino Wijnaldum, Andres D’Alessandro, Julio Arca
One for the future: Jamie Devitt

Strikers: Possibly the strongest area of the team. Here you have two great complete forwards in Ghilas and Altidore. Altidore is a key player in the team and if you can keep him fit then you’re in for a good season. As well you have two target men – Vennegoor of Hesselink and Daniel Cousin. Hesselink is a good player and you should make use of his aerial dominance. Also there’s Caleb Folan, but he’s way past his best. I’d try and sell him on for £1m+.

Who to sell: Caleb Folan
Transfer target: N/A
One for the future: Yann Ekra

Overall: Overall Hull have a strong squad but areas could be improved. If the full back spots and the left wing spots are improved with quality players then you could be on your way to a middle table finish.

Key Player is by far jozy altidore i suggest you try to buy him after his loan expires but you coud end up aying in excess of 7.5 million. I suggest you play him with Ghilas as they are similar players.

Good guide mate. Should help a lot of people.

Nice guide, could probly do with a few more transfer targets but people can find out on their own :)

Good stuff mate, I'm managing Hull. Currently 13th, smashed Tottenham 3-1.

well in mate its a top guide should help people out who fancy a challenge

can someone tell me how much to offer for wijnauldum also is there or shouldnt there be a post for
signings and how much you can buy them for

nice guide.. but how is it "official" ..?
-edit

...nevermind someone else beat me to it.

Back