allisiaa

Reaction score
Ever since FM12 I have always played the game with restrictions I make for myself. To make the game a bit more interesting and challenging, as I often find myself buying the same players over and over again. Restrictions is a nice way of preventing that, as I often end up with players I would never buy otherwise. Maybe even retraining players into positions they would never play in real life, only to adapt to the restrictions.

This is an academy challenge where you have to take over a League Two club or lower.

Imagine the following conversation taking place after the normal "Meet the Board"-conversation. This is the conversation between yourself and the chairman after you have accepted the job.

Chairman:
We expect you to win the Premier League within 10 seasons.
You:
That sure is ambitious! If we all pull in the same direction I am confident that we can do that.
Chairman:
Oh, by the way... We will not allow you to sign any players. No loans, no trades or free transfers. We strongly believe in the academy of this club. We expect you to compete with the very best only by using players already at the club, and by developing youngsters.
You:
Thinking: Is this a joke??

(Mumbles..)I will give it my best shot.

Can it be done? I have started a save as manager of Crewe. Media prediction is 19th place in League Two. Join this challenge if you are interested, and bring your own updates to your progress (or decline...)

Last edited:
I started with something similar on the beta, its a good challenge. Look forward to reading this

I don't know why this thread was moved into the "manager stories", it is supposed to be a challenge that other can join in on...

Anyway, the team have surprised me with back to back promotions, winning both League Two and League One, and I now find myself in the Championship with Crewe without buying a single player!

The academy has produced some promising players, and my intention was to put many of them straight into the team and maybe play for 2 seasons in League One while they improved and aged a bit.

I am very happy to have reached the Championship already, and I can safely say that the players is NOT good enough to get another promotion for a few years at least. Have to improve the youngsters and wait until they are 19-20years at least. Used 5 of last years youth intake for over 30 matches in the league, but only one from the last intake.

I need to have better wing backs, at least one central defender, and maybe another striker until I can challenge for promotion. These positions is now taken by players retrained (like George Cooper as left wing back) or at the club from the start (Eddie Nolan).

View attachment 74511
View attachment 74510

Some of the players I have gotten:

View attachment 74509
View attachment 74508
View attachment 74507
View attachment 74506
View attachment 74505
View attachment 74504
View attachment 74503