Reaction score
7:th of June, 2015

View attachment 208530View attachment 208531View attachment 988691View attachment 988692View attachment 208528

Race for the Real Madrid job heats up
Real Madrid is in the search for a new manager to take charge at the Santiago Bernabeu: following the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti. Rumours suggest that the favourite to landing the job is the Madrid-born Napoli manager Rafa Benitez. Although he faces stiff competition as Real Madrid legend and current Real Madrid Castilla manager Zinedine Zidane and former Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has high hopes of landing the job aswell. Florentino Perez, chairman of Real Madrid, wouldn't give anything away when questioned about the possible candidates:

"Benitez, Zidane or Klopp? At the moment we are looking at several different solutions and we hope that we will be able to present the new manager in a nearby future."

"They're truely great managers. But it's one thing to manage a top-club in Europe and another to manage Real Madrid. You have to be the best."

View attachment 208532

Last edited:
9:th of June, 2015

View attachment 988703View attachment 208513
Klopp denies reports linking him with Real Madrid

Former Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp has denied reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid. The flamboyant german manager is currently unemployed after ending his successful spell at Borussia Dortmund. This is what Jürgen Klopp himself had to say about the rumours surrounding him:

"I'm not negotiating with any club at the moment. I've taken a sabatical and haven't decided when I will return to coaching. When the time is right I will let you all know.."

"Real Madrid is a great club. But I'm not interested."

View attachment 208505

Last edited:
12:th of June, 2015

View attachment 208503View attachment 208502
OFFICIAL: Zidane becomes ***. manager at Everton

Very unexpected news emerged earlier today as Real Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane agreed a deal to become Roberto Martinez right hand at Everton. The frenchman had been in charge of Real Madrid's B-team and was one of the favourites to landing the vacant job as manager of Real Madrid. But the offer handed to him from Everton and manager Roberto Martinez was to good to turn down.

"It's a great opportunity for me to become the assistant manager of Everton. To work alongside a respected manager like Roberto Martinez and gain some experience from the english football."

"I have played in Serie A, in La Liga and in Ligue 1. But I have never experienced the english football. So thats the reason behind me wanting to go here. The experience I will gain from this job will be crucial later on when I go on to managing my own team."

15:th of June, 2015

View attachment 988742View attachment 208483
OFFICIAL: Rafa Benitez resigns as Napoli manager

Napoli has officially announced that Madrid-born Rafa Benitez has resigned as manager of the club. Napoli finished 5:th last season, meaning they just missed out on Champions League action. Speculations in the media the recent weeks has placed Rafa Benitez as top-candidate to the vacant job as manager of Real Madrid. Rafa Benitez began his career as footballer at the spanish giant and later on his managerial career aswell. Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentis had the following to say after the departure of Rafa Benitez:

"He's a great manager and we wanted to keep hold of him for another season. But Rafa told me personally that he wanted to leave the club. I wasn't going to stop him."

"Real Madrid? I don't know, we didn't talk about that. We just talked about his time here at Napoli and whatever he decides to do in the future is up to him. I just wish him the best of luck."

View attachment 208473

View attachment 208476

Last edited:
16:th of June, 2015

View attachment 208470View attachment 208469View attachment 988760
"He's just a fat spanish waiter..."

Madrid based magazines AS and Marca has reported about Real Madrid fans gathering outside the Santiago Bernabeu to protest against the possible appointment of Rafa Benitez as manager of Real Madrid. The Madrid faithful sang songs in protest and seemed anything but pleased about the rumours placing Rafa Benitez at Real Madrid. It remains to be seen whether or not the fans can influent the board in the decision of whom should be the next manager. Chairman Florentino Perez didn't want to comment on incidents outside Santiago Bernabeu. Tomas Roncero, Real Madrid fan and reporter at AS, gave his opinion on the situation:

"The fans aren't pleased with the rumours placing Rafa Benitez as manager. He might be a Madridista himself but the fans simply don't think that he is good enough for Real Madrid."

"The protest has made Florentino Perez rethink his decision, but at the end of the day he is the one calling the shots. The lack of other world-class managers on the market might leave him taking a gamble with Benitez."

"The fans will turn on Benitez if the result doesn't go his way. And playing defensively, something that he is known for, won't go down well with the demanding crowd at the Santiago Bernabeu."

View attachment 208447

16:th of June, 2015

View attachment 988758View attachment 988759View attachment 988760
"He's just a fat spanish waiter..."

Madrid based magazines AS and Marca has reported about Real Madrid fans gathering outside the Santiago Bernabeu to protest against the possible appointment of Rafa Benitez as manager of Real Madrid. The Madrid faithful sang songs in protest and seemed anything but pleased about the rumours placing Rafa Benitez at Real Madrid. It remains to be seen whether or not the fans can influent the board in the decision of whom should be the next manager. Chairman Florentino Perez didn't want to comment on incidents outside Santiago Bernabeu. Tomas Roncero, Real Madrid fan and reporter at AS, gave his opinion on the situation:

"The fans aren't pleased with the rumours placing Rafa Benitez as manager. He might be a Madridista himself but the fans simply don't think that he is good enough for Real Madrid."

"The protest has made Florentino Perez rethink his decision, but at the end of the day he is the one calling the shots. The lack of other world-class managers on the market might leave him taking a gamble with Benitez."

"The fans will turn on Benitez if the result doesn't go his way. And playing defensively, something that he is known for, won't go down well with the demanding crowd at the Santiago Bernabeu."

View attachment 988783

This is all or nothing

o.png

18:th of June, 2015

View attachment 208092View attachment 208091
OFFICIAL: The cap7ain returns home

Very suprising news came earlier today as Real Madrid unveiled clublegend Raúl González Blanco as their new manager. The former clubcaptain returns to what was his home for 19(!) magnificent years between 1992-2010. After his spell at the spanish giant he represented german outfit Schalke 04, Al-Sadd(Qatar) and most recently New York Cosmos in a player/coach-role. Rafa Benitez was top-candidate to landing the vacant job, but after a fan-protest outside Santiago Bernabeu the club chose to go with a much popular, although more risky and less experienced, option in clublegend Raúl. The spaniard will with effective immiediately end his career as professional footballer and take charge of the club in his heart. Reports from Spain say that 'madridistas' gathered in celebration outside Santiago Bernabeu following the unveiling of their new manager. Having won, almost, every major trophy during his long and illustrious career Raúl felt that it was time for a new chapter in his life, here's what he had to say at the pressconference:

"Words can't begin to describe the emotions I feel upon returning to the city and the club in my heart. It's something very special to be at and represent Real Madrid, and I've gotten that opportunity twice now. I can count myself lucky."

"Chairman Florentino Perez called me earlier this week and told me about the situation and that he was willing to give me the chance to become the new manager."

"There was never a doubt in my mind that I wasn't ready to take on this challenge. This is something I've dreamt of since leaving the club back in 2010."

"I've studied for the various licenses necessary to be able to become the new manager of Real Madrid and I'm determined to succeed."

"The unveiling was a bit rushed due to the pre-season about to kick-on. Therefore I felt that a presentation wasn't necessary, a pressconference is enough."

"I will sit down this week with the current staff and look over any possible changes."

"I don't wanna talk about any possible transfers today, as I haven't had the time to evaluate the squad. But no major changes will be made to the current squad, I'm more than happy with the players at my disposal. Worldclass players at every position, you can't ask for anything more as a manager."

"Thank you chairman Florentino Perez, the boardmembers, all madridistas around the world and my family for supporting me and giving me the chance to yet again represent the club that I LOVE.
¡
Hala Madrid!"

View attachment 208033

Club details - Facilities - Honours

View attachment 208022

* Underlined words are clickable for image.

View attachment 204526View attachment 204525View attachment 204524

Philosophies

My first task as new manager of Real Madrid was to sit down with chairman Florentino Perez and discuss the philosophies that we aim to follow under my reign. Having experienced him as a chairman during my time at the club, I had a hunch on which philosophies he wants me to follow.

View attachment 204527

Florentino and I agreed upon following three philosophies. One based on the fans opinions, one on his opinions and one that I managed to persuade him into. So I'm more than happy with the outcome of the meeting. Here's my thoughts on the philosophies:

Play attacking football: This is something that the fans demands of us. Winning matches and winning trophies at Real Madrid, simply isn't enough, you need to do it in style. The crowd at the Santiago Bernabeu can be very demanding and should I "settle" with 1-0 wins, then I can expect discontent among the fans. So we'll be looking to play offensive, attractive football and hopefully we'll be able to score a lot of goals in the process. Hopefully we'll find a way of doing this without making our defence suffer.

Sign high profile players: Florentino Perez has long been a keen admirer of the 'Galactico'-signings. The worldclass players that every team sought after. During my spell at the club he had adopted the 'Zidanes y Pavones'-concept. Meaning we would sign the worlds best footballers, Zidane, and mix them with the best homegrown players, Pavon. Unfortunately the best homegrown players couldn't live up to the high expectations put on them and the project became a flop. He might have taken a more 'relaxed' approach nowadays, but whenever he sees a possibility to strengthen the team with a 'Galactico' he takes it. And well.. Having players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez etc. in the squad will only make my job easier.

Develop players from the club's youth system: Having been a part of the Real Madrid youth system myself, I know there's a lot of talented players in the ranks. The problem has never been the lack of talent, but more the lack of opportunities given to the young 'canteranos'. I'm looking to give them a chance to shine at Real Madrid and my goal is that within years the majority of the squad will be built with our own youth players.

View attachment 204512

Next up: 5 year plan

Last edited:
View attachment 204509View attachment 204508
5 year plan

Once I finished the meeting with chairman Florentino Perez I began thinking of some the plans I had in mind for the club the coming years and some objectives that I was looking to achieve. So I started writing down a 5 year plan on all the things that I aim to achieve during my time here and as a manager myself. The following is what I came up with:

• [*=left]Win La Liga
    [*=left]Win Champions League
    [*=left]Win Copa del Rey
    [*=left]Win Supercopa de España
    [*=left]Win European Supercup
    [*=left]Win Club World Cup
    [*=left]Make atleast one 'Galactico'-signing each summer
    [*=left]Give 'canteranos' a chance in the first-team
    [*=left]Sign David De Gea
    [*=left]Balon d'Or-winner
    [*=left]Have a 'canterano' finish top-3 in Balon d'Or
    [*=left]Have a 'canterano' win Balon d'Or
    [*=left]Develop the 'next Raúl'
    [*=left]Develop the 'next Guti'
    [*=left]Develop the 'next Casillas'
    [*=left]Manage Spain in the European Championship
    [*=left]Manage Spain in the World Cup
    [*=left]Win the European Championship
    [*=left]Win the World Cup
    [*=left]Majority of the team developed at the club
    [*=left]Bring back Alvaro Morata
    [*=left]Never lose to Barcelona at Santiago Bernabeu
    [*=left]Never lose to Atletico Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu
    [*=left]Make a 'Figo'-signing
    [*=left]An 'Invincible'-season in La Liga
    [*=left]An 'Invincible'-season in Champions League
View attachment 204492
Next up: Staff changes

Last edited:
So much achievements and they are all challenging you must like a challenge.

So much achievements and they are all challenging you must like a challenge.

Well it's more to make it interesting to follow and for me to play. Some quiet easy and some more challenging, nothing counting on making everyone a reality but will give it a go atleast.

View attachment 201727View attachment 201726
Staff changes

Upon my arrival at Real Madrid I was greeted by several members of the staff. Some familiar faces and some new faces. Although it was clear straight away that the knowledge is very high among the staff, the only thing that I felt we were lacking was a bit of depth and some fine "tuning" in various areas. First priority was finding a new assistant manager, and due to my lack of experience of managing at this level, I was looking to bring in a veteran in the game.

View attachment 201711

View attachment 201710

As you can see a lot of new faces were introduced to the club, adding much wanted depth in several different areas. The experienced italian and former footballer himself Giuseppe Baresi joined me as assistant manager and his expertise in defending will be priceless for me and the whole team this season. Fellow compatriots Valter Vio, Simone Montanaro and Bruno Conti also joined the club, with the latter replacing Victor Fernandez as HoYD(Head of Youth Development). Apart from that I'm very happy to welcome back three former Real Madrid players in my good friend 'Guti', the chilean Ivan Zamorano and spanish goalkeeping coach Pedro Jaro. We also decided to replace our Head physio at the club, Vitor Pimenta, with the belgian Lieven Maesschalck. Down below you can see an overview of all the staff currently working at the club:

View attachment 201708

View attachment 201707

View attachment 201706

View attachment 201705

View attachment 201704

View attachment 201700View attachment 201699
Transfers

After having sorted out all the staff arrivals and departures, I evaluated the whole squad to get a better perspective of which areas we needed to strenghten. It soon became clear that, apart from having one of the best squads in the world, we lacked some depth at leftback and in attack. But with a transferbudget of 'only' £14,28M and a wagebudget already in red, I decided to put more than half of that transferbudget into the wagebudget instead. Which allowed us signing all the newly arrived staff, so if we were to make a 'Galactico'-signing, it needed to be an absolute bargain. Here's a summary of our summertransfer arrivals and departures:

View attachment 201697 View attachment 201680

Only one transfer arrived at the club this summer, but it wasn't just any transfer. The swedish superstar and former Barcelona player Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined the club for £4M. However Zlatan and his agent demanded a £5M(!) signing-on fee, which made me hesitate for a while, but in the end I believe that he will be worth every penny. Our marketing staff even projected us making £5M in marketing revenue on the player, so the signing-on fee will be payed with that money. The swedes wages however has yet again put us in the red on the wagebudget, but this is something that we, hopefully, can sort out as the season proceeds and we start earning some money from the Champions League etc. The signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been put into question by the media as they believe he might clash with the portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, just as the swede did with Lionel Messi during his time at Barcelona. It will obviously be difficult to have another big ego to handle in the dressing room, so keeping all the players on good-terms with eachother will be a big challenge for the upcoming season. But I'm hoping that my experience from the first 'Galactico'-era will help when it comes to keep up the morale in the team and gelling the players together as a team.

No leftback signed during the transferwindow, which leaves us with Marcelo as the only 'pure' option for that position. But we're hoping that Nacho and Arbeloa will be able to provide coverage for the brazilian. We might look over signing a backup during the winter transferwindow, but thats something for me to decide later on.

View attachment 201696 View attachment 201679

Two departures from the club, one permanent and one on loan. We started by selling our 'canterano' the russian winger Denis Cheryshev to Liverpool for £7,5M. A fee that might seem low for a player valued at £9M, but it was due to us including a buy-back fee of £15M. So we'll be keeping a close look on Cheryshev's development at Anfield and maybe someday in the future he will be back playing football at his childhood club. At first I was thinking of re-training the russian into a leftback, to provide coverage for Marcelo, but the possibility of signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the lack of funds led me to taking the decision to sell him to Liverpool.

The second and last departure from the club was another 'canterano' in Marcos Llorente. The spanish central midfielder left for a one-year loan at portuguese outfit Vitoria de Guimaraes. Llorente is a great prospect for the future and this loan-spell will give him the opportunity to develop as a footballer and at the same time gain some experience from first-team football. I'm hoping he will make the most out of it. Marcos Llorente will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of his father Paco, his grandfather Ramon Grosso and his great uncle and true Real Madrid legend Francisco 'Paco' Gento whom all represented Real Madrid.