oh the joys

• Thread starter Thread starter barter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 623

barter

Reaction score
The story so far -Managing the mighty Cardiff City, got rid of all the existing backroom staff and got a new coaching team in place, all well and good. Pre season started brightly managed to get a few more defenders in but struggled to find decent full backs so went with DC who could cover, worked on 2 tactics a 442 and a 451(or 433) with attacking winger’s results not god like but managed to have no losses in pre season.

And so onto the season, registered the squad, gave them all their favourite numbers, changed the captains all tickety boo! Played the first few games results not awe inspiring but played well and holding our own in the top 6...now comes the downfall, a team make an offer for my captain which I respond buy negotiating a price off around 200% of his value which prompts them to withdraw. Great I wanted to keep him anyway and money isn’t a problem but his slimy, scum sucking agent asks for an improved contract which I reject(he has about 2 years left) he gets the hump so we have a chat and I challenge him to prove e’s good enough for a new one. In fairness he did over the next 5 games so I did, offered him a juicy “double your money” contract, was that good enough for his smarmy, eyes to close together, cigar smoking, jag driving agent??....was it F**K!!!!

He countered with some ridiculous clauses which I wasn’t prepared to accept, so back and forth we went around the mulberry bush a few times until the snake belly said he’d had enough and ended talks. A few days later I had my captain in to talk over his concerns to which he stated he wanted to stay and would sign, so again a new contract was offered but he refused to drop the stupid demands(over the top wages, minimum release clause, length of contract, agent fees, etc) we did even make the mulberry bush before his agent ended talks. A few days later we had a blazing row when I asked for him to drop his wage demands in the office and after a bit of name calling (oi you’re unprofessional!!!) I stripped him of his captaincy and booted him to the reserves.

8 games later I have a squad that is low in moral, due to playing like essex girls in a disco, I have a line of players knocking my door telling me we’re under achieving, I can barley scrape a draw and we’re down to about 14 th . All of which I know is a result of the above actions.

So my quandary is do I go back eat humble pie and reinstate him? Leave him there and hope our fortunes turn around before I’m sacked?? Try to send him out on loan and hope he comes back wanting to play??? What’s your opinions?

you can try and make peace wih him, but me i'd flog him and bring in someone else. try changing up your tactics get a couple of hard fought 1-0 wins and a few draws to build momentum and have a team meeting

What an ***. If it were me I'd let him rot in the reserves or sell him, that's about all the input I can offer. But hey, even Ferguson can ignore his own principles at times (Rooney).

Back