Looking forward to more! I'll be following this one :)

edit;

Could you please tell me what tactic your using?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys, more updates to follow soon. Yeah ill give you a quick run down on the tactic i use, i play with a back four with both the full backs set to attack, i then have a deep lying playmaker, Tom Huddlestone is perfect for this role. Next to him i have an advanced playmaker, usually switch between Luka Modric and Van Der Vaart. I then have to attacking wingers, Bale an Lennon are my current first choices. I play with two strikers a target man and a poacher this works well with Crouch and Defoe. I also instruct them to play fluid expressive football and to hit teams on the counter when possible.

Spurs hold champions

Chelsea 0-0 Tottenham
Barclays Premiership

031163-tottenham-chelsea.jpg

Tottenham continued there unbeaten start to the season and earned a valuable point away at champions Chelsea. Spurs where made to defend for large periods of the game but they did so superbly. Williams Gallas came in at left back for the injuried Assou-Ekotto and was the best player on the pitch against his former side.

Man of the match - William Gallas

What a game!

Newcastle 5-3 Tottenham (aet)
Carling Cup 3rd Rnd

best_le_21_516x350_141909a.jpg

Tottenham suffered there first defeat of the season and where knocked out of the Carling Cup in extra time in what was a thrilling game at St James Park. Ripton changed most of his side for the game, and started perfectly with Rafael Van Der Vaart converting a penalty just three minutes in. Bradden Inman then equalised for Newcastle on the half hour mark only for Nathan Delfouneso to grab his first spurs goal and put them back in the lead just before half time. Newcastle came out firing and scored two goals in twenty minutes to put themselves in front for the first time in the game. Ripton then brought on Jermain Defoe and he scored a dramatic equaliser two minutes into injury time to send the game into extra time. Only one team seemed to turn up for extra time though, James Perch converted a penalty and Leon Best bagged Newcastles fifth to seal the win and put an end to a thrilling night of action.

Man of the match - Nathan Delfouneso

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Back to winning ways

Tottenham 2-0 Everton
Barclays Premiership

Everton+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+Premier+League+l_cResR0UJ4l.jpg

Tottenham got back to winning ways with a good 2-0 win over Everton at white hart lane. Spurs went ahead three minutes in with the barclays player of the month Peter Crouch netting his third of the season, things took a turn for the worse twenty minutes later as Phil Jagielka had to leave the field with an injury against his former club. Everton looked for a dramatic equaliser late on only for Spurs to hit them on the counter and up popped Crouch again to make it 2-0 and seal the win for Tottenham.

Man of the match - Peter Crouch

Champions league proving difficult for spurs

AJ Auxerre 2-1 Tottenham
Champions League Group A

439x.jpg

Tottenham's hopes of making it out the group stage took a hammer blow out in France as AJ Auxerre pulled of a suprise 2-1 victory. Roy Contout put the home side ahead in the first half and Valter Bisra made it two in the second. Spurs did manage to pull one back in the second, Pavlyuchenko coming of the bench to head in. But this was not enough and it leaves Ripton's men with just 1 point so far in the group.

Man of the match - Luka Modric

Last edited:
First league defeat for Spurs

Manchester City 2-1 Tottenham
Barclays Premiership

Manchester+City+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+Premier+_mdPQc7JbvBl.jpg

Tottenham suffered there first league defeat of the season at the hands of Manchester City, this makes it two defeats in two following there midweek loss against Auxerre. They did however start the game well as Jermain Defoe scored just one minute into the game. Carlos Tevez got the equalising goal just before half time. And despite a close second half James Milner snatched the win for City with fifteen minutes to go in the game.

Man of the match - Gomes

Youngsters shine as Wolves are beaten

Tottenham 2-0 Wolves
Barclays Premiership

Luka+Modric.jpeg

Tottenham where comfortable winners against Wolves and got themselves back to winning ways after there defeat against City. Both the goals came in the second half and both where from new signings, firstly Victor Moses scored and five minutes later Nathan Delfouneseo sealed the win.

Man of the match - Vedran Corluka

Thanks mate, more to come!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Sevilla's late show

Sevilla 2-2 Tottenham
Champions League Group A

frederic-kanoute.jpg

Tottenham where left devastated after a late come back by Sevilla. Peter Crouch put Spurs into an early lead when he netted in only the fourth minute, Tottenham looked strong and Jermain Defoe looked to have sealed the win with only twenty minutes to go. However two goals in the last ten minutes from ex Spurs man Freddie Kanoute stunned the away side and rescued a point for Sevilla.

Man of the match - Peter Crouch

Last edited:
Super Pav

Blackpool 0-2 Tottenham
Barclays Premiership

article-1269276445406-08B3E790000005DC-813160_636x300.jpg

Tottenhams midweek european action did not effect there performance as they easily brushed aside Blackpool in a potenially tricky game. The star of the show was Roman Pavlyuchenko who bagged himself two goals. With the games now coming thick and fast, next up for Spurs was the visit of Wigan next wednesday.

Man of the match - Roman Pavlyuchenko

Wigan earn late point

Tottenham 2-2 Wigan
Barclays Premiership

PA-8104157.jpg

On loan Manchester United youngster Tom Cleverley stunned Tottenham with a first minute goal to put Wigan ahead, however Spurs pilled on the pressure and got there reward with a fine goal by Nathan Delfouneso on the half hour mark. Tottenham came out just as strong in the second half and when they finally went ahead in the 75th minute through Jamie O'Hara the match looked won. Yet up popped Tom Cleverley again to earn his team a point in the 92nd minute.

Man of the Match - Jamie O'Hara

Over by Half-Time

Tottenham 3-0 Bolton
Barclays Premiership

Football__Tottenham_a5f5.jpg

Tottenham produced a fine first half display to see of a strong Bolton Wanderes side. Jermain Defoe netted in the 8th minute to put Tottenham ahead, the lead was then doubled midway throught the half as Luka Modric finished in style. The 3-0 win was wrapped up in the 45th minute with Jermain Defoe grabbing his second.

Man of the Match - Jermain Defoe