Old club paying salary

yh basically what happens he sees you as a lower club and you have offered him low wages so he asks the club to pay so much up until the end of the contract he had at the club you bought him from.

iv had to do that for one of my players at wolves
he was total rubbish but he wanted me to pay him 3k until 2013 if he was going to join the other club :(

yeah sucks for the team selling the player. There gonna be paying a total of 5 million over 2 years for Rivaldo to play in my team! So its cost them more then it has me!

Since i didn't want to open a new thread for this 1 question i bump this one since search option only gave me this thread:

Has anyone in here, who wanted to get rid of a player, declined the request of paying part of his salary and he accepted that decision? Right now I've got someone who is upset and wants to leave since he's not in my plans. I know for sure he will ask for compensation. So far all players declined, whether THEY wanted a transfer or when I wanted them to transfer?

Small note: I said in September he would be released next transfer window, he then said something like: Well, i don't think you keep you word. Does this increase the option he will settle for less money at his future club?

Sofar whenever i declined to pay with previous players they all stayed :( Maybe with him being this upset i have a chance when i say No he accepts?

Last edited:
So far I've always paid because, in the grand scheme of things, I'd be making a lot more money anyway. I'm not sure if the refusal to pay is an automatic cancellation of the transfer, but even if it isn't, the chances he'll move are very very low.
You've probably got a better chance of him actually agreeing without asking you for the compensation.

Thanks Prakamos,

I always accepted it, only a few times i tried not to accept. But they all wanted to stay then. Thought maybe this time the player would actually be ok with not being compensated since he hates me that much :) I'll stick with accepting all those request in the future unless someone in here posts 1 time declining worked

Ahhh, as i expected...here he comes:

4836495.png

will just decline this one time to see if it would ever be possible :)

Guess what ;) Ah well, still time to place him somewhere else

4836519.png

As far as I've seen, it's basically an ultimatum by the player.

And remembering that he could just say no to the other team without demanding money, I really don't think it's possible for a player to leave without paying the difference...

Also, this has never happened to me, as there were times when the player was asking for too much and I declined. The player stayed on every single time I did that...