Old Firm

Scott92

Reaction score
Rite big talk of the week! whats your predictions for sunday

Rangers on a real high right now scoring alot of goals and boydys on fire ad say 3-1 Rangers

Would be happy with a draw being honest with you so 1-1 will be nice!

3-0 Rangers... Boyd 2 Beasley

Itll no dobut suck *** like every other old firm game for the past 3 years

1-1 wasnt a bad result considering -

celtic hit the bar
had a good goal ruled out
lafferty should have been sent off
rangers had 1 shot on target
3 key players missing
a rightback playing at left midfield
and especially considering boyd had like 8 touchs ( celtic played 10 men and a fridge today )

typical old firm 1-1 which should of been 4-5 nil to celtic lol i dont think rangers woke up till like the 80th min lol

noooooooooooooo way celtic r sh**

I'm willing to agree with our backline is sh** but we aren't all that bad.

We destroyed rangers, had a completely good goal chopped off (you only need to look at Papac's reaction to see that it was a definite goal.)

Laffarty most certainly should have been sent off but I must say at first I couldn't see it was red from the first angle.

Samaras missed like 3 great chances Fortune 2 and one chopped off, McGeady could have had a hattrick if he would only put his foot through the ball instead of floating it over the bar or into McGregor's hands.

Oh and McCulloch actually shut his eyes when he was heading it, remarkable he hit the target in the first place, Caldwell just let him run instead of actually marking him.

Wouldnt watch the SPL unless there was absolutely nothing else on. The standard of football on offer these days isnt much. Id rather watch 2 teams from the bottom end of the Premiership scrap it out. And theyd still play better footie than the Old Firm.

The likes of McGeady, Boyd, Kevin Thomson, Boruc all need to get away from the sinking ship that is scottish football fast.

1-1 wasnt a bad result considering -

celtic hit the bar
had a good goal ruled out
lafferty should have been sent off
rangers had 1 shot on target
3 key players missing
a rightback playing at left midfield
and especially considering boyd had like 8 touchs ( celtic played 10 men and a fridge today )

Wouldnt watch the SPL unless there was absolutely nothing else on. The standard of football on offer these days isnt much. Id rather watch 2 teams from the bottom end of the Premiership scrap it out. And theyd still play better footie than the Old Firm.

The likes of McGeady, Boyd, Kevin Thomson, Boruc all need to get away from the sinking ship that is scottish football fast.

I would have almost agreed with that before this game but it both restored and then half destroyed my faith in both Celtic and Scottish football.

as a rangers fan i'm vey happy with the result we played o **** at parkhead yesterday and still got a point that says alot about the celtic team at the moment title number 53 is coming this season

Daylight robbery!!!!!
We offered absoloutly nothing on sunday yet walked away with a point! This clearly shows Celtics total ineptitude at defending again,Mowbray and his assistant Mark Venus were defenders in their day and they still can't work it out that zonal defending only works when ALL the players in their given zone attack the ball when it comes their way! Don't blame Caldwell he only spotted it when it was too late,the man at the front post should have seen the ball coming and cleared it before big Lee got there!
Honest assessment?
1.It was a goal,Mcgregor ****** up simple as!
2.Lafferty is a disgrace and should have walked (we have to get rid of him and fast!!)
3.Fortune and Samaras pulled Weir and Wilson all over the place and exposed our old man of Ibrox!
4.We're lucky McDonald wasn't on from the start as we might have been 3 down at half time!

The january transfer window will decide the title this season but that was a great result for us considering the team and squad we had on sunday,which goes to show take 1 player out the team and we can cope but 2 or 3 and we will really struggle!

Daylight robbery!!!!!
We offered absoloutly nothing on sunday yet walked away with a point! This clearly shows Celtics total ineptitude at defending again,Mowbray and his assistant Mark Venus were defenders in their day and they still can't work it out that zonal defending only works when ALL the players in their given zone attack the ball when it comes their way! Don't blame Caldwell he only spotted it when it was too late,the man at the front post should have seen the ball coming and cleared it before big Lee got there!
Honest assessment?
1.It was a goal,Mcgregor ****** up simple as!
2.Lafferty is a disgrace and should have walked (we have to get rid of him and fast!!)
3.Fortune and Samaras pulled Weir and Wilson all over the place and exposed our old man of Ibrox!
4.We're lucky McDonald wasn't on from the start as we might have been 3 down at half time!

The january transfer window will decide the title this season but that was a great result for us considering the team and squad we had on sunday,which goes to show take 1 player out the team and we can cope but 2 or 3 and we will really struggle!

I like the sense you talk... only seen 2 of your posts and from them, they were completely honest and pretty much on the spot.

I agree with everything you said other than the january transfer window statement...

I can see both Celtic and Rangers letting go big players this time round and making a half hearted attempt to replace them, such as the signing of Willo Flood last season.............

I like the sense you talk... only seen 2 of your posts and from them, they were completely honest and pretty much on the spot.

I agree with everything you said other than the january transfer window statement...

I can see both Celtic and Rangers letting go big players this time round and making a half hearted attempt to replace them, such as the signing of Willo Flood last season.............
With regards to the window i think that Celtic have a better chance of replacing the players they let go and not losing much momentum,whereas we will struggle if we're forced to sell the likes of Davis,Boyd and Bougherra!
I think we could get by without McGregor as Alexander is pretty solid in the same way as Zaluska is for you guys but i see what you mean with the Willo Flood signing,decent player but not good enough for Celtic mate!