Old PC game, new Laptop!

howardrocket

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just purchased my favourite manager game of all time (LMA Manager 2005) for the PC. However I have a relatively new Laptop in which I am wanting to play the game on. Minimum requirements for the game are Windows 98SE/2000/XP, but I have Windows 7. Does anyone know if this will cause a conflict and stop me from playing my beloved game.

The game I have bought is brand new and I have opened it and put the disc in the Laptop, but my disc drive won't recognise or pick up the disc.... it is as if nothing is there, now I don't know if this is something wrong with my disc drive or just because of how old the game is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Will.

You can run it in compatibility mode [Right click > Properties > Compatibility], just set that to Windows XP when it installs :P

It should be able to pick up your disk though. Try checking the D-Drive, if that doesn't work then just eject and try it again. ;)

Yeh I think it is to do with my Disc Drive, it isn't picking up new games I put in, any idea what might be up with it? I haven't mistreated the laptop and rarely use the disc drive as it is?

Not sure :/ Not heard of anything like it tbh. :(

How new is the laptop? Can the disc drive read other discs fine?

Back