fmcreator

Reaction score
ONCE UPON A TIME IN GERMANY

germany01.jpg

GERMANY SACK LOEW; TROPHY DROUGHT SEEMS TO BE REASON

Logo-Football-Germany-DFB.jpg

World cup third place winners Germany have today announced that manager Joachim Loew will be sacked with immediate effect from his post as German national team manager. Loew has led the German side to the finals of the European Championships in 2008 held at Austria and Switzerland and also led them to a third place in the recently concluded FIFA World Cup in South Africa. His failure to win any trophy, despite possessing a strong squad with the likes of Mesut Ozil, Mario Gomez and Michael Ballack is said to be the reason.

Loew is an experienced manager and before Germany had managed seven clubs including VfB Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Adanaspor, Fenerbahce, FC Wacker Innsbruck and FK Austria Wien. The German FA held a press conference to announce this development late yesterday evening at the Allianz Arena in Munich.

Replacements for Loew have not been announced yet though it is speculated that former Germany manager Jurgen Klinnsmann, who led the team to a third place finish in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, might again return. Armin Veh, current Hamburg SV manager and Louis Van Gaal, the current Bayern Munich manager are also thought to be in the mix.

skybet2.gif

WHO WILL BE GERMANY'S NEXT MANAGER?

Skybet takes a look at the odds of the leading candidates for the post of Germany's national team manager.

Jurgen Klinnsmann 4-1
Martin Jol 6-1
Frank Rijkaard 6-1
Armin Veh 7-1
Louis Van Gaal 10-1
Miroslav Klose 400-1

Other managers on Loew's sacking:

Rafael Benitez said:
I think this is a bad move. Joachim has been doing very well and he needs to have stayed there.

Arsene Wenger said:
It was needed. Germany needed a change because they are a team capable of winning trophies and that has not been brought out to the fore yet. A new manager is what they need now.

[QUOTE="Pep Guardiola] I would not like to say anything about this. Barcelona and only Barcelona is my business. Not Germany. I might however, take that job should it be given.[/QUOTE]

Nice OP....funny Arsene Wenger sayings what he did..!!

How do you play with Germany?

There's a file called fake.lnc in your FM files somewhere. Delete that and the original Germany team comes up in game. I did that on my game. It worked. You need to start a new game after you delete it for the Germany team to work.

Nice start mate. Keep it up. :)

There's a file called fake.lnc in your FM files somewhere. Delete that and the original Germany team comes up in game. I did that on my game. It worked. You need to start a new game after you delete it for the Germany team to work.

Nice start mate. Keep it up. :)

Beat me to it :)

Thanks mate. Next update will be up tomoz probably.

VAN GAAL: I DON'T WANT GERMANY! I WANT ONLY NETHERLANDS

Louis-Van-Gaal_0.jpg

Current Bayern Munich boss Louis Van Gaal has announced that he would not be interested in national team coaching and especially not that of Germany. He stated that though he liked the country and the people, coaching the national team was out of question. If at all he ever coached a national team, Van Gaal said he would rather it was the Netherlands, his homeland.

This declaration rules out one of the front runners for the job and further increases speculation as to who will be offered the job of heading the German national team.

MOURINHO: I WOULD LOVE TO COACH GERMANY!

mourinho.jpg

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has thrown his hat into the ring in the race to become Germany's manager by saying that managing a national team and bringing it World Cup glory was his dream and Germany is the perfect place to start with. Questioned on whether he would leave his Real Madrid job should he get the Germany team job brought out an emphatic no from his mouth leading to speculation that he was not going to leave the Madrid hotseat without taking the La Liga title, a title he has not won yet.

Jose Mourinho has a distinguished CV in club football with successful reigns at Uniao De Leiria, Benfica, Porto, Chelsea and FC Internazionale before his current term with Real Madrid.

bbc_news.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE AT THE OLYMPIASTADION

Subject: Announcement of Germany's Next Manager
Date: 8th June 2010

This is BBC News live from Berlin where the German FA are holding an emergency press conference. The subject up for discussion in this press conference is the appointment of a new manager for Germany. The German national side saw their previous manager Joachim Low sacked for having two tournaments without trophies despite possessing a very talented side with experienced players like Michael Ballack and Miroslav Klose and also youth in Mesut Ozil, Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos.

Speculation is on that Hamburg manager Armin Veh is the favourite along with Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho but with the likes of Jurgen Klinnsmann, Frank Rijkaard and Martin Jol in the race, the job is all but up for grabs amongst the elitest managers of the world. The press conference is scheduled to begin in five minutes from now and German FA president Theo Zwanziger is expected to announce the new manager.

Five minutes later, the press conference begins with just Theo Zwanziger in attendance.

Theo Zwanziger said:
Okay listen, as you all know, we are here to hear of the new manager for the German national team. This man whom we have appointed is a man of immense experience and has quite a few trophies to his name. We are delighted that he has accepted our job offer. We hope that he can do his best in the job and take Germany to greater heights. Without much ado, please welcome Andriy Shevchenko!

andriy-shevchenko.jpg

A hushed silence went up in the crowd. The Dynamo Kyiv player who retired just last week from club and international football, achieved most of his reputation in AC Milan came in and waved with a slight smile. An established player, Shevchenko has no managerial experience and taking up Germany was a big task for him.

Here is what he had to say:

Andriy Shevchenko said:
I am honoured and humbled to be here as Germany's manager. I hope that I can take this proud soccer nation to great heights and win it trophies. I will not be taking any questions today but I will be taking everything when I announce my Germany squad for the friendly against Denmark in three days time.

Andriy Shevchenko's first match will be against Denmark in a friendly at the Parken in Copenhagen before he takes on Belgium at Brussels and Azerbaijan in Borussia Park at Monchengladbach in Germany's first two European qualifiers.

Player's Reactions

Mesut Ozil said:
I love Andriy as a role model and he has been an inspiration for the younger generation. So I hope it will be great working with him.

Michael Ballack said:
I would love to see Andriy manage Germany and bring new ideas into the side so that we can achieve great things.

Managers Reactions

Armin Veh said:
In all honesty, I am disappointed. Shevchenko has no managerial experience and managing Germany is a burden for him.

Jose Mourinho said:
Andriy who?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

SHEVCHENKO ANNOUNCES GERMANY SQUAD FOR DENMARK FRIENDLY

shevchenkoR250506_228x146.jpg

A number of new faces have been included by Andriy Shevchenko in his Germany squad for the friendly against Denmark at the Parken in Copnhagen. Schalke's Benedikt Howedes, Dortmund's Mario Gotze, Stuttgart's Christian Trasch and Wolfsburg's Sascha Riether could all be in for their national debuts against Denmark. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian manager also had to deal with injuries to Manchester City's Jerome Boateng, Wolfsburg's Arne Friedrich, Leverkusen's Simon Rolfes and Schalke's Christophe Metzelder whereas Stuttgart's Piotr Trochowski was declared unfit for the game after failing a fitness test earlier this morning.

GERMANY SQUAD FOR DENMARK FRIENDLY

Goalkeepers
Rene Adler (Bayer Leverkusen)
Manuel Neuer (Schalke 04)
Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen)

Defenders

Dennis Aogo (Hamburger SV)
Andreas Beck (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)
Sascha Riether (Vfl Wolfsburg)
Benedikt Howedes (Schalke 04)
Philip Lahm (Bayern Munich)
Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen)
Marcel Schafer (Vfl Wolfsburg)
Heiko Westermann (Hamburger SV)

Midfielders

Michael Ballack (Bayer Leverkusen)
Mario Gotze (Borussia Dortmund)
Thomas Hitzlsperger (West Ham United)
Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen)
Marcell Jansen (Hamburger SV)
Sami Khedira (Real Madrid C.F)
Marko Marin (Werder Bremen)
Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid C.F)
Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)
Christian Trasch (Vfb Stuttgart)

Forwards

Cacau (Hamburger SV)
Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich)
Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen)
Patrick Helmes (Bayer Leverkusen)

Bayern Munich's Miroslav Klose was being rested for this game as was Lukas Podolski of FC Cologne.

Nice strory mate. Nice to see Shevchenko in management. Long time since we heard of the legend (provided we discount his goal against Man City in Europa League.)

The German team looks a tad weak to me. Cacau isn't a bad player but there are better strikers