One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

Salford was my favourite FM save ever on last year’s game - they’re quite a decent side at National League level. But yeah I had a similar situation to you where I had a decent team and did really well, so now I’m at Cambridge and enjoying it a lot more already. Good luck!

Going to spend an hour or so tonight again looking at teams - last night it was between Notts County (oldest club in the world, play in black and white, nicknamed the magpies) and Bury (dunno why lol)

I have had saves with Carlisle and Hartlepool in years gone by so will steer clear of them.

Crewe also interest me but I will have a look at things in the National League

th

ITS OVER - BLAME STONECOLD

So there I was, delaying my return to my work base, popping into a supermarket to buy beer to put in the fridge on my return home for that evening when I catch my good friend Stonecold and talk about life in general which inevitably ran into FM and one throwaway comment he said struck a chord with me.

"It seems the easiest way this year is to be a decent team, buy a few wonderkids and that's it"

So that got me thinking - that's exactly what I have done. I went a decent team, have done well, and despite not winning the league, in such a short time, I have arguably the best striker in the game, 2 of the best left wingers, one of the best CMs, one of the best LBs, a wonderkid RB, a great young RW and a few other wonderkids so in a year or two it would be a procession and it got me thinking.

So I am stopping the save and fancy going a team in either League 2 or the National League. I want to build a club from the lower ebb rather than have most things set up for me.

I'm bitter that through crossed my mind during my Dons save. sorry for anyone else's FM lifes i go on to ruin!