Online network play with an outdated patch

Reaction score
Is this possible?

I've decided I want to wait after each patch comes out to observe some fan reaction before taking the risk of downloading the next one. Will me and my friend still be able to connect to one another so long as we are both running the same patch?

Thanks,

Marques

Is this possible?

I've decided I want to wait after each patch comes out to observe some fan reaction before taking the risk of downloading the next one. Will me and my friend still be able to connect to one another so long as we are both running the same patch?

Thanks,

Marques

In short, YES

So when he tries to connect it won't allow him to join any network game until he quits and gets the update... is this because he has Steam set to automatic update and if we untick that it will allow us to play on with our out of date version of the game?

So when he tries to connect it won't allow him to join any network game until he quits and gets the update... is this because he has Steam set to automatic update and if we untick that it will allow us to play on with our out of date version of the game?

Until he gets the update ?. I thought you both where on the same one ?

I am probably missunderstanding the problem here. I though you both where on 13.2.1 and we where speaking about future updates.

Okay, so, we both upgraded the other night and are on the current patch.

The only time we know to upgrade is when he tries to connect to my (still unpatched) network game and it kicks him, telling him he needs to get the latest patch.

So my question is if we change the settings in Steam so it doesn't try to update automatically then will that no longer happen? It is very rare that I turn FM off so we don't even know that there is a new patch available until this happens, but at the moment the question from my OP has been answered with a "yes" and I am just saying that from my experience it's a big fat "no."

Okay, so, we both upgraded the other night and are on the current patch.

The only time we know to upgrade is when he tries to connect to my (still unpatched) network game and it kicks him, telling him he needs to get the latest patch.

So my question is if we change the settings in Steam so it doesn't try to update automatically then will that no longer happen? It is very rare that I turn FM off so we don't even know that there is a new patch available until this happens, but at the moment the question from my OP has been answered with a "yes" and I am just saying that from my experience it's a big fat "no."

Naturally, he has to be offline with the update function on Steam if wanting to avoid updates in the future, I though that was obvious. My "Yes" was under the assumtion that you both where

Are you able to connect now ?

Okay so for confirmation we just need to appear offline on Steam, cool.

Yes we are able to connect now, in fact the improved quality of network games has been a MASSIVE bonus with for FM13 over FM12.

Okay so for confirmation we just need to appear offline on Steam, cool.

Yes we are able to connect now, in fact the improved quality of network games has been a MASSIVE bonus with for FM13 over FM12.

until this latest patch where the LAG time is absolute dross.... you missed that bit out there marques

Back