Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
This tactic uses current Pep's 4-1-4-1 formation, quite similar to Barcelona's 4-5-1, but with inside forwards pulled back to MRL positions for extra cover. It is a mix between total fotoball and tiki taka style, meaning it is very fluid philosophy with all players expected to play everywhere on the pitch as the situation demands it, with roaming, much creative freedom and control strategy. The attack buildup is slow and patient, and team should always be in posession without need to switch to attack or defend. The players are constantly looking for space, creating space and exploiting gaps created by their movement, whilst being patient and retaining possession. More creative players will ignore the tactical instructions and dictate tempo themselves, meaning you will always watch a slightly different game, and keep your opponents guessing, so it has great long term value....

At least, that is what I tried to achieve :D Game experience might be different with different patches and will definately be different for different teams.

P.S. This game loves natural roles, meaning you can't really effectively use a treq as advanced forward, so you may need to buy a few players for this to work. This was created in demo, so no results screenies.

View attachment 450973

Last edited:
For those that are bound to comment on that the demo is not the same Me version as we with the full game are using, remember that once the game is patched again, a solid approach will still be a solid approach. (Naturally, the Beta/demo had worse flaws than this versions as the players just ignored players running past them )

With this said, if this approach does not get you results, then either tweak it or try it again after the next patch

I made a somewhat rash mistake by focusing play through middle, instead of through right flank. Also, when using two stoppers it would be wise to have aditional cover by using a half back, not bwm. It has been corrected. Many appologies.

Last edited:
I have edited the tactic slightly and it is now a copy of Pep's Bayern.

it is just the formation...some games statistics..??

I have just started a new game and went on holliday. When It finishes, I will post results.

standard home and away?

I have changed my approach to control, as standard wasn't agressive enough. I have to many players sitting deep and their defensive line is outnumbering my players, so I pushed them a bit further.