bfcbub

Reaction score
Just embarking on my second season in charge of Grimsby and after gaining promotion through the play-offs i was hoping to consolidate in League 2. Having brought in half a dozen new signings i thought this was going to be achievable.
First game of the season was against newly relegated Dagenham and Redbridge so a tough opener or so i thought.

I won 8-0!! Never in all my CM and FM history have i won an opening game by this margin, has anyone else?

Very optimistic on the new season now.

grimsby1.png

Well played but if your experienced you should know not to look into the first couple of games too much :p

I dont look at the table until the 10-12 game mark haha

Just got AFC Wimbledon promoted into League 2.
I won my first two games by a big margin but now it I am drawing a lot and having a few 1-0 wins.

Don't forget that being the Promoted side facing the Relegated side, You hade a HUGE moral advantage! Not to mention you had home advantage, i would have been surprised if you had lost it but yeah, 8-0 is still a score line to be proud of.

Just hope your form dose not drop as you enter the winter months. 10-15 games in, if you are in the drop zone, start worrying. if not, just try keep climbing.

Could i look at your squad?
Struggling with AFC Telford in league 1 now. Can anyone tell me who to buy in league?
I wish I won 8-0 in LLM.

squad

Could i look at your squad?
Struggling with AFC Telford in league 1 now. Can anyone tell me who to buy in league?
I wish I won 8-0 in LLM.

Squad pic here, only played 3 games yet to concede though and 2 big home wins under the belt, im sure it will all go pete tong very soon.

Pic of my transfers too, im a little over my wage budget so im going to have to sell a couple of players and ive also found an Italian striker called Cristian Tiboni who id love to bring to the club but the board wont sanction any more wages until i unload a few.

picture3tx.png

picture4dd.png

picture5wi.png

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

How right you all were, after a great start there did come a lot of draws and a few defeats, sitting 4th after 15 games. I did just smack 9 past Torquay away so im still hoping for a top 7 finish.

i always have an amazing pre season however when the season starts i fail.

I went 9 games without a loss 3 of them big scorelines then I drew 5 in a row then won 2 more, one a biggish scoreline then came my first loss, now all i can do is draw games and it is always 2-2 or 3-3. Think the good starts always come from very high morale off the back of winning the previous league and gaining promotion.
I am still sitting in 2nd after 22 games so not complaing at all. Told the board I would have a mid table finish so if I stay where I am or even just get a top half finish I will be happy for the first season.

Thats a great result!!!

With Southport I won a game towards the end of my second season 8-0. Couldn't believe it. Was in the middle of a run that saw us move from 20th up to 10th.
In season 3 pre-season. We beat Leeds and Preston in a preseason league but got beat by Blackburn. Now have another 10 players come in of free transfers and I am about to kick off season 3 tonight. Hopefully we can get a top 10 finish again.

Squad pic here, only played 3 games yet to concede though and 2 big home wins under the belt, im sure it will all go pete tong very soon.

Pic of my transfers too, im a little over my wage budget so im going to have to sell a couple of players and ive also found an Italian striker called Cristian Tiboni who id love to bring to the club but the board wont sanction any more wages until i unload a few.

whatever you do, sign tiboni!!! he is unreal!!!!(H)

picture3tx.png

picture4dd.png

picture5wi.png

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

How right you all were, after a great start there did come a lot of draws and a few defeats, sitting 4th after 15 games. I did just smack 9 past Torquay away so im still hoping for a top 7 finish.