Opinions on first draft of 4-2-1-2-1 for Wolves

JeffDogg

Reaction score
Hi

I'm mostly awful at tactics, and I'm playing with Wolves. So far I use a 5-2-3 found on another website, and it's great. But I guess in second season it will start to go downhill, and I have a couple of players I'd like to get more from, and I thought of system that could be better for them.

So this is the idea:

System

So far I haven't looked too deeply into it, I just took the current tactic, changed positions and a couple of instructions and that's it.

Team instructions here, here and here

So the idea is to have a better Neves (was poor in season 1), a better Jonny (he has great attributes but offensive wingback isn't his strong suit), while trying to keep the great front 3 I had (Jota Jimenez Costa).
My idea is to have Dendoncker dropping a bit as CB, to be stronger when fullbacks go up. Don't really know if the current instructions would do it.

What's your opnion on the first draft? What are the things that would evidently go wrong, and the things that would possibly work?
Any advice? (for this tactic or just making tactics in general, since I never managed to make myself something that works)

It looks horribly disjointed with the front three on attack and everyone else a fair distance away. You don't have a link player in the front line and it lacks movement and variety.