Opposition Goalkeepers Always Play Well

JusticeMoses

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting really frustrated with my current FM2010 game. I'm playing as Newcastle in the Premier League and I've assembled what is on paper, a fairly good side (only my second season in the PL). I've started to use the Complete Dominance tactic that was posted in the tactics section and it seems to work the way it should i.e. creating a ton of chances. My problem is that my strikers just can't seem to score (or any other player for that matter) because the opposition goalkeeper will 90% of the time make a save. To highlight the problem here are my Shots/Shots on Target/Goals stats for the first 4 games of my season and the opposition goalkeepers rating: 12/9/0 (7.6 rating), 12/11/3 (7.1 rating), 20/7/2 (6.6 rating), 21/18/2 (8.6 rating). Also, the game where I scored 3 I lost 6-3 and the game where their GK only got a 6.6 rating was in the League Cup against a much lower ranked team. For detail, also, here are my strikers Finishing/Composure stats: 17/13, 15/15, 13/12, 14/14 and 13/17.

Can anyone tell me if there is a bug at work here as those stats are ridiculous? Like I say when watching it in 3D view the keeper will pull off save after save. Should say I'm using the latest patch too.

Thanks in advance.

i'm having the same problem with same tactic. but i dont know wheres the reason for that :S

correct. SI explain it as some "statistic" saying 9-out-of-10 one on one chances are saved in real games (which i find ridiculous). nothing you can do sadly.

There are other stats that affect the strikers performance before goal: decisions, flair, bravery and the hidden uh... consistency? I don't know the exact name of the regularity.

I don't use downloaded tactics, so I can't tell you anything that might be working wrong in your tactic. If it were a matter of bad luck they should start to score a lot after posting that, though, according to my personal experience lol.

You can do something: leave your usual strikers and goalscorers out of the team for some matches, not all at the same time, perhaps, so they'll come in with renewed energies to score.

One on Ones require good Compsure and Finishing. The lower they are, the less chance the player has of hitting the net, and Vice-Versa.

One on Ones require good Compsure and Finishing. The lower they are, the less chance the player has of hitting the net, and Vice-Versa.

fair enough, but when it's players like Raul, Kaka and Van Nistelrooy missing chance after chance, but **** poor bottom half of the league strikers scoring with their first shot, that argument doesn't quite stand.

Back