Steven Dodds

Reaction score
Not seen that many Arsenal story's that have lasted and since i'm an Arsenal fan and am looking for a story that I can really get into I thought I could give one a go and see if it does any better than my other ones.

images

images

Wenger Sacked

Arsene Wenger has managed his last game for the Gunners after being sacked for reasons we do not know. Arsene was loved by many here at Arsenal and will still be loved by many now that he is not at the club. Arsene showed a passion for the club and has showed the world a new beautiful way to play the beautiful game. He will be missed by many Arsenal fans and on the tip of all of their mouths is why? why has he been sacked. As the whole world knows far too well Arsenal are without a trophy for 5 years, the last trophy they picked up was a FA Cup in 2005, where they beat Manchester United in penalties. We believe this is the reason the Frenchman has been sacked. For not winning any trophys for 5 years is bad, but when you are talking about Arsenal it is horrible to be a supporter of a team of this callibar and not be able to celebrate a trophy. Don't get me wrong they have came close with the Champions League Final loss to Barcelona and the Carling Cup loss to Chelsea. Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood has said Arsenal need to win a trophy and Arsene hasn't done that in 5 whole years, we need one now. Peter Hill=Wood has talked to Wenger since he sacked him and both of them seemed to have came to an agreement that it was the right decision to sack him and it look like both of them have moved on. Arsene has already said he wants to get straight back into management, But who will be his succeeder at The Emirates?

images

Sky Bet Odds: Next Arsenal Manager

Pat Rice - 1/2
Jose Mourinho - 1/3
Pep Guardiola - 1/3
Martin O'Neil - 1/5
Chris Hughton - 1/7
Nigel Winterburn - 1/10
Sven Goran Eriksson - 1/25
Paul Lambert - 1/50

The obvious favorite is Pat Rice as he knows this Arsenal team inside out being Wenger's Assistant since he took over and also being the caretaker manager before he took over, so he has got experience and knows how to make this team fluid like Wenger did. Next we have Pep Guardiola and "The Special One" Jose Mourinho, both very strong contenders for the job but wether they want it is another question. Jose Mourinho hasn't won anything with Madrid and why would Pep Guardiola want the job when he has a Barcelona said who play better football than Arsenal?, maybe he fancies a move to England, you never know. Then we have the outsiders, O'Neil and Hughton, both have had past experience in the Premier League but are both jobless and of course you knew he was going to be their, former Arsenal player Nigel Winterburn, he has had not managerial experience, but with him being an Arsenal legend you can;t rule him out of the picture. Then we have the heavy outsiders in Sven and Lambert. Sven has just tooken over Leicester but everyone knows what he is like and could quit them at any time if he is offered a better job. Finally we have Paul Lambert who has just got Norwich promoted after winning the nPower League One, you can't rule him out either.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

images

Guardiola, Mourinho and Lambart: I'm Out

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola, Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho and Norwich City manager Paul Lambart have all ruled themselves out of the running for the Arsenal vacancy. We were surprised that Paul Lambart has ruled himself out of the running as it is a very prestigious job to be in, but he believes if he continues with Norwich he can make them reach the heights of Arsenal Football Club. Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho do not come to us as a surprise as both have got very good jobs at the moment and they both believe that their clubs are better than Arsenal which is the reason Jose Mourinho ruled himself out but Pep Guardiola told Sky Sports News that he has ruled himself out because Barcelona play better football than Arsenal and he told them that they proved that last year in the Champions League Quarter Finals.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

images

Arsenal hire unknown Dodds as manager

Today Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood has announced the clubs new manager in Steven Dodds, a 25 Year Old Scotsman who has never has any managerial experience at Professional level. He has had some managerial experience at the Amateur and Semi-Pro level but thats about it. This decision has shocked many people and none more than Pat Rice, who was fully expecting to get this job. Pat Rice will no doubt be in shock but most Arsenal fans will be in shock with this decision. A Sky Sports News poll was set-up and the results were a massive 69.5% of people would have loved Pat Rice to have tooken over at the club, 10.5% would have liked to have seen Chris Hughton as manager, 8% would have loved to have seen Martin O'Neil, 6% would have liked to have seen big Sven as manager and 6% would have liked it to be someone different. Who that other person was we will never know but it has been announced that manager Steven Dodds is the chairman's man to take Arsenal Football Club to success. He has been given a contract that will keep him at the club until 2012 on a £47,500 p/w.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:06 PM ----------

Tactics + Pre Season

Tactics

I have worked really hard on creating a tactic for Arsenal I've tried to get them passing and creating space for each other and have come up with 2 formations to do so the first one is:

images

A simple 4-2-2-2. This will be the main one throughout the season, I will be playing this one from the start of every match. It will show our talents with clear cut chances and not with possession, like Wenger's Arsenal. I want to try and bring a new way of football to Arsenal that wins trophys and at the same time be entertaining for the fans to watch. With this formation I hope to see Clichy and Sagna bomb down the wings and provide more width to the team. Also bombing down the wings I would like to see the 2 Attacking Midfielders whoever they may be. I will be playing a Target Man upfront who will get most of the goals this season. My 2 central Midfielders will be the main part opf this formation being successful. The Left Center Midfielder will be my Playmaker in Fabregas. He is the captain and the best player in my squad and I want him to run all the games whover our opponents may be. The other Center Midfielder will be the player that sits in front of the defence, I will be using Song this season but I may buy some cover incase of injury. All I want to see from Song in this role is too intercept passes and make a short pass to feet whenever possible and try to retain possession.

The other tactic I will be using is:

images

A 4-3-3 with a Center Defensive Midfielder, you could say a Barcelona-ess formation. I will look for my team to keep in possession and see out crucial games with this tactic. The only time I will be using this tactic if I am winning and the other team is pressing really hard, I will switch to this formation to keep hold of possession and slow the game down a little bit. It will be more or less the same starting line up except I will bring in another Center Midfielder instead of playing 2 strikers. With this formation I will look for my Full Backs to stay back and cover the center backs and I will also look for my Wingers to do a fair bit of tracking back aswell. The two Center Midfielders will be the Playmakers of the team, playing through balls to the Striker upfront who will be a Target Man. I will be using a sitting Midfielder who will just lay in front of the two Center Backs and intercept passes and play a shirt simple pass to retain possession.

Pre Season Results

Arsenal 8-0 Arsenal Reserves

Yeovil 1-1 Arsenal

Ross County 1-2 Arsenal

Norwich 1-2 Arsenal

Anderlecht 0-2 Arsenal

Southampton 0-5 Arsenal

Inter Milan 2-3 Arsenal

Review

I thought this Pre Season went as well as it could have. With 6 Wins coming from a possible 7, and also beating the European Champions with both team poutting out a full squad. The player I was most impressed with was Robin Van Persie scoring 10 goals in total over the Pre Season and 5 of those came against our Reserves. Bendtner also got 5 goals, 2 of them coming against our reserves. I think Arsenal fans can look forward to the new season ahead and look forward to a very bright future with me at the helm.

8-0 against Reseves XD
Good luck with the story, is it your first? Mine is
Also please make the pictures bigger next time - I can't see any of the tactics :S

The Squad

Transfers In

images

Romelu Lukaku - £7.500,000

Romelu Lukaku, is a very highly rated 17 year old Belgian Striker. Lukaku was being scouted by many clubs in Europe including the likes of Ac Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea, but it is Arsenal who have secured the signing of the young man and manager Steven Dodds fully expects Lukaku to be the future of Arsenal's attack.

images

Kevin - £5,000,000

Kevin, is a 18 year old Center Midfielder who has been Media tipped to be the next Xavi. With the passing ability and the creativity that he posses at his age you never know. Kevin is a technically gifted play, just like Xavi and is said to be Cesc Fabregas' replacement if he goes to the Nou Camp. Like Lukaku, Kevin was being watched by many of Europes top clubs but has told the media that he wanted a move to England and he said Arsenal would be his first choice team to go to.

images

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin - £2,500,000

Arsenal's last signing was young Winger, Oxlade-Chamberlin from Southampton. Arsenal spent £2,500,000 on this young player which is a bit over-priced, but manager Steven Dodds said it is a very good deal as he is a very good young player who is very skillful and he is a future England international. He was being scouted by many English teams like Fulham and Liverpool but Arsenal were the only ones prepared to pay this steep price tag for him.

Transfers Out

images

Tomas Rosicky - £4,900,000

Tomas Rosicky has played his last game for The Gunners. His time spent at Arsenal has been a very frustrating time with him being out most of his ytime here through injury. Rosicky was a fans favourtie but the fans have said there goodbyes to him and have wished him the best as he travels to Russia to play with Zenit.

The Squad

Goalkeeper

The Goalkeeping position at Arsenal has been the cause of so many defeats for Arsenal in the past 6 seasons, since David Seaman has left the club, Arsenal have really struggled to keep lean sheets. Steven Dodds has said that young Polish Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is a very fine Goalkeeper and he will be his number 1 Goalkeeper for this season and his performances this season will decide his future at the club. Arsenal also have Almunia and Fabianski fighting for the number 1 jersey but arean't quite the standard of young Szczesny.

Defence

On paper Arsenal have a very strong defence, but in performances last season it was the cause of so many defeats. They have very strong Full Backs in Sagna, Clichy and young Kieran Gibbs, Steven Dodds believes that Sagna is the best Right Back in the Premier League. Clichy and Gibbs are both Left Backs, Clichy is the number 1 Lefty Back at the moment but Kieran Gibbs is pushing for the Left Back Pisition and in a couple of seasons manager Steven Dodds has said he will be the first choice Left Back. The Center of Defence has been the main problem. Arsenal have got Thomas Vermalean, Laurent Koscielney, Johan Djourou and Sebastian Squillaci all capable of first team football, but only 2 of them can get it. Manager Steven is said to be looking for a Center Back so if they want first team football they will have to work very hard in training to seal a spot.

Midfield

Arsenal's midfield is not a worry to the new manager as he has got the likes of Fabregas, Wilshere, Song, Nasri and also new signing Kevin to fill in for each other if one gets injured. The only problem that Dodds has got is picking who starts in the middle of the field and who gets on the bench. The obvious one he is going to start is Fabregas as he is their best player and is their captain, but with Kevin arriving it has shooken everything up in the Center of the pitch. Samir Nasri can play on the wing and we believe that is where Steven Dodds is going to play him, but Nasri would rather play in the Center Of the pitch rather than on the wing. The wingers Arsenal have are Arshavin, Walcott and Chamberlin who will all feel they are capable of playing first team football so Steven Dodds really has got a decision to make if he wants to keep all of his players happy.

Attack

Attack is also not a worry for Dodds as he has got lots of cover in this position. With players Like Van Persie, Chamakh, Lukaku and Bendtner you really do wonder how manager Steven Dodds is going to set out his team. He has recently made it public knowledge that Nicklas Bendtner will be his main Striker and that he could be the worlds best with the right coaching. This came to many people as a surprise as just before Dodds became manager, Bendtner looked all set to be moving from The Emirates. This news must be devastating for Chamakh as he now faces competition from Van Persie and Lukaku to fill up the other Striker spot. Arsenal also have Walcott and Arshavin who can play the role of a Striker and with this all said it must be a very exciting time for all Arsenal fans.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

8-0 against Reseves XD
Good luck with the story, is it your first? Mine is
Also please make the pictures bigger next time - I can't see any of the tactics :S

No, its not my first but all of the rest were fails lol and its not my players on the tactics its just the formation i'm going to be using I guess I really should have posted a screenshot of the tactic

Right guys. Will get the first update in for a long time. Internet was off for a little bit and haven't been able to get updates in

Last edited:
August Results

Premiership - Matchday 1

Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham

images

Walcott ( 6 ), Van Persie (25, 72)

MOTM - Van Persie

Well, coming into this game I felt there was a lot of pressure on me to win because it was the opening game of the season but to come up against Tottenham there was massive pressure on me to get a result. However we did come into this game as slight favorites and at the full time whistle no one could argue with the scoreline. We dominated Tottenham if you were going by clear cut chances. It took just 6 minutes before Walcott was played in by Van Persie and there was no doubt he was going to score and he did, placing it into the bottom corner. Our 2nd goal of the game came from Van Persie, who when receiving a pass from Fabregas absolutely battered it into the top corner of the goals. Nothing Gomes could do about it. The killer goal came from Van Persie but was a lovely team goal. Arshavin played a 1, 2 with Fabregas and played it to Chamakh, who then slipped in Van Persie for the 3rd and from there on in the game was over. We could have made it more with Chamakh and Arshavin hitting the woodwork but it didn't really matter in the end. A comfortable 3-0 win against your closest rivals on the opening day of the season isn't the worst result for your 1st game in charge of the club. I felt like I had become an instant hero but knew there was still a long way to go until I could gain the support of all the fans. Next up was a tricky trip to Wolves.

Premiership - Matchday 2

Wolves 0-4 Arsenal

images

Nasri (15, 36), Vermaelen (39), Lukaku (81)

A really easy game for us. A well deserved 4-0 win away from home, I was thrilled with this performance. We had Nasri back for this game and he showed off his talent with the opening goal of this game, Van Persie did all the hard work round 2 players and cutting it back to Nasri who just had to hit the target. Nasri was on target 20 minutes later to drill home an Andrey Arshavin through ball to make it 2-0. Just 3 minutes after that and we were 3-0 up, Thomas Vermaelen getting his head onto a Van Persie free kick put us 3-0 up at the break. Wolves came out all fired up and nearly pulled one back but Sczcesny was on hand to keep out the Foley shot which was destined for the top corner. My 1st substitute in this game was to bring on 17 year old Lukaku for his debut and what a debut it was for the youngster, just on the pitch 5 minutes and he scored his 1st of many Arsenal goals to come. Arshavin floated a ball in and he hit it on the half volley straight into the bottom corner. Brilliant finish from the young man.

Premiership - Matchday 3

Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

images

Lukaku (82 pen)

Another tough game for me and my boys which would surely bring the best out of us? This was not to be the case, in what was a very boring 1st half of the game the only chance fell to Arsenal's Diaby who blazed over the crossbar when he really should have buried the ball into the back of the net. The 2nd half got better and Fernando Torres had a golden opportunity to put Chelsea ahead but fired over the bar from just 8 yards out. It looked like Torres would pay for this when Van Persie went clean through 1on1 with Cech but he failed to hit the target when he should have put The Gunners 1-0 up. The decisive moment came when Walcott and Lukaku were brought on for Van Persie and Arshavin, they immediately caused trouble linking up to fashion an Arsenal chance but it came to nothing. We won a corner and the ball fell to Lukaku who was about to smash the ball home from 6 yards out but was tackled hard by David Luiz who was judged not to have won the ball, a penalty was given. Up stepped Lukaku to put Arsenal 1-0 up and score his 2nd goal in as many games from the bench. It was to stay like this until the final whistle went and Arsenal finished August top of the table.​
View attachment 148401

View attachment 148397
images

Uefa Champions League Group Stage Draw

Group A

AC Milan
Valencia
Fenerbache
Rubin Kazan

Group B

Arsenal
Marseille
Schalke
Sampdoria

Group C

Chelsea
Shaktar
Panathanikos
Partizan Belgrade

Group D

Sevilla
Benfica
FC Copenhagen
Hapoel Tel Aviv

Group E

Manchester United
Lyon
Spartak Moscow
CFR Cluj

Group F

Barcelona
Tottenham
Anderlecht
FC Twente

Group G

Inter Milan
Real Madrid
Rangers
Bursaspor

Group H

Bayern Munich
Roma
Dinamo Kyiv
Lech Poznan

We have been handed a harder group than people may think it will be hard to go away to these teams and come away with all 3 points. We are the favorites to progress winners of our group and that's what I intend to do.

images

Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw

Arsenal vs Manchester City
Aston Villa vs Liverpool
Chelsea vs Norwich
Oldham vs Wolves
West Brom vs Hull
Nottingham Forrest vs West Ham
Everton vs Swansea
Tottenham vs Blackburn
Bolton vs Manchester United
Burnley vs Fulham
Blackpool vs Cardiff
Stoke vs Sunderland
Reading vs Newcastle
Brmingham vs Watford
Queens Park Rangers vs Brighton
Leicester vs Barnsley

Well what can I say? At least we have this tie at home./ It is going to be hard to overcome the opposition when the day arrives but I have the up most confidence in my players to go out and get a result to progress to the next round of the cup
View attachment 148398

Good start and nice layout very easy on the eye,
Good luck

images

Squad Registration

Goalkeeper

W. Szczesny 53
M. Almunia 1
L. Fabianski 21

Defence

T. Vermaelen 5
S. Squillaci 18
L. Koscielney 6
J. Djourou 20
B. Sagna 3
G. Clichy 22
K. Gibbs 28

Midfield

A. Song 17
E. Eboue 27
Kevin 7
Denilson 15
A. Ramsey 16
A. Arshavin 23
S. Nasri 8
J. Wilshere 19
A. Chamberlin 11
F. Fabregas 4 (c)
A. Diaby

Striker

R. Van Persie 10 (vc)
T. Walcott 14
M. Chamakh 29
N. Bendtner 52
R. Lukaku 9

All other players under the age of 20 are in the squad as well, these will just be in my Senior Squad for most competirions

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

images

R. Van Persie Out!

Arsenal's Robin Van Persie has been ruled out for at least 3 months after his International match against Uruguay last week. It is believed he will be out whilst receiving treatment on a torn calf muscle which came as a result of E. Cavani's terrible challenge which he received a red card for. Arsenal manager Steven Dodds is said to be very angry with this as it was an International match and this could have a big impact on their season

September Results

Premiership - Matchday 4

Blackpool 0-5 Arsenal

images

Walcott (2, 30, 36), Lukaku (22), Diaby (38)

MOTM - Walcott

A well deserved win for us today, Blackpool just weren't in the game at all. In the 1st half we dominated, scoring 5 goals. The 1st came just 2 minutes into the game when Nasri went clean through and passed it to Walcott who taps into an open net. We could have went 2-0 up but Diaby's powerful effort hit the underside of the crossbar and dribbled out for a goal kick. We did get a 2nd goal and it came out of nowhere, Lukaku with a screamer straight into the top corner. Our 3rd goal came from a Nasri throw in which was flicked on by Lukaku and tucked home by Walcott to get his 2nd goal of the game. Walcott got his hat-trick 6 minutes later when Nasri found himself in space on the wing he fired across goal for Walcott to tap in a 3rd for him, and a 4th for us. We scored a 5th 2 minutes later, Walcott picking up the ball at his own box and ran passed 3 Blackpool defenders and found a cross which found Diaby's head and flew into the top corner. We went in at the break 5-0 up and cruising and in the 2nd half we didn't look like stopping, Sagna swung a cross in for Walcott who did score but it was ruled out for offside. Then just 5 minutes later Walcott had another goal ruled out for being offside, when clearly he was a mile onside. Blackpool's only real chance came with 2 minutes left, DJ Campbell hit it from distance and it struck the bar with Szczesny well beaten.
View attachment 149173

Champions League - Group Game 1

Schalke 0-3 Arsenal

images

Vermaelen (41), Walcott (58), Diaby (62)

We got our Champions League campaign off to a flyer with this result. 3-0 away to the Germans which was always in my mind going to be the hardest game of the group. Thomas Vermaelen opened the scoring with well placed header into the top corner from a Samir Nasri free kick. Raul could have equalized straight away but his lobbed effort his the crossbar. Just after the break Nasri played in Walcott who finished expertly putting it in off the post. Then just a couple of minutes later we finished the game off when Lukaku was set clean through he tried to lob the keeper but it was cleared off the line only to fall at Diaby's feet to tap into an empty goal. We could concentrate on the Liverpool game now.
View attachment 149174

Premiership - Matchday 5

Arsenal 3-1 Liverpool

images

Chamakh (17, 23), Wilshere (50) - Suarez (90+1)

MOTM - Chamakh

Arsenal vs Liverpool games are always very intreeging encounters and so was this one with Arsenal coming out comfortable 3-1 winners in the end. The scoring should have begun just 10 minutes into the game when Chamakh fired a low ball across the box and somehow Walcott didn't find the back of the net with Reina in no man's land. Our 2nd and Chamakh's 2nd came just 5 minutes later when Wilshere played a delightful through ball which split the Liverpool defence wide and sent Chamakh clean through for him to score. 5 Minutes into the 2nd half we found ourselves hitting Liverpool on the break, it was 6 on 2 in our favor, Chamakh was all set for a hat-trick but Reina prevented him but he couldn't do anything about Wilshere's rebound which made it 3-0.Liverpool's 1st real chance came in the 82nd minute when Kuyt lobbed the keeper but Vermaelen was on hand to clear it off the line. They did manage to score in the last minute with Suarez unleashing an unstoppable shot which went straight into the top corner. The game finished 3-1 to us.
View attachment 149175

Carling Cup - 3rd Round

Arsenal 0-1 Manchester City

images

Dzeko (31)

MOTM - Almunia

This was the chance for players to impress me, players who weren't quite good enough for 1st team football to push for a spot in the squad. I was a bit worried when I saw the team sheets before this game, we had our reserves out and they had a full team out. I was also surprised because we had them in a league game just 4 days later. I wasn't surprised when the game finished with them progressing but I was still happy with the performance, to lose 1-0 to a full strength Man City team was a a good result for the reserves. The only goal of the game came when Silva whipped a ball in which met the head of Dzeko who headed past a helpless Almunia. While they scored Kevin was down on the floor injured and I was too happy with their decision to keep playing on and not show good sportsmanship. Another blow came to us when Arshavin went down injured and it was his 1st game back from injury. Despite the result I knew we had the edge going into our league game on Saturday.
View attachment 149176

Premiership - Matchday 6

Manchester City 0-0 Arsenal

images

Roberto Mancini pleased with draw?

Richards (81 sent off)

MOTM - Kompany

I went into this game hoping for a win, as I knew the Manchester City players would be tired after our Carling Cup game but a win just wasn't to be for any team today. If anyone deserved the win it was most certainly us. We squandered many chances but one chance which we did take was ruled offside and was disallowed. I had a word with the 4th official giving him my view of the decision and for my attitude I was sent to the stands for the remainder of the game. To add to my woes, Arshavin had an effort from distance in the last minute which hit the underside of the crossbar but didn't cross the line. It just wasn't our day today but we still lie top of the table still to lose a game.

Champions League - Group Game 2

Arsenal 3-1 Marseille

images

Lukaku (35, 44), Wilshere (90+3 pen) - Brandao (7)

A very tough came but we came away with the win, we did have some costly injuries though, with Nasri and Arshavin both limping off whilst we had no remaining subs left which meant we ended the game with 9 men on the field. Still we managed to score another one to kill off the game. A quick brace from Lukaku was followed by a penalty from Wilshere which meant we stayed top of the group table./SIZE]
View attachment 149178

View attachment 149180View attachment 149181