Out with the old, in with the new - Chelsea FC

• Thread starter Thread starter LMS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5K

LMS

Reaction score

Hello everyone and welcome to my story!

First off, i have been a Blue for the whole of my life. And over the last 8 years or so Chelsea have had a great deal of success in England! Winning the Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup and of course that famous night in Moscow against United in the Champs League final.

But last season and so far this season, it almost looks as if things are moving in the wrong direction at Chelsea. Players are ageing, there doesnt seem to be much chemistry between the players during games and for the first time in a while we might have to battle to stay in the top four!

The manager in my opinion hasn't done anything wrong in particular(apart from not including Lampard at time). But he is trying to put his own mark on the team and really get us going. Like i said the squad is ageing and i believe there needs to be a massive change in the summer at Chelsea and with a lot of players future in the balance i am sure that changes will be made.

There we go. Thats my rant over! Time for me to take over and see what i can do!

Transfers

I decided to sell the players i genuinely either dont like (Malouda) or i feel will be on their way out of the club this summer(apart from kalou, due to lack of depth in his position). Heres a look at the players i let go this summer!

View attachment 221864
Decided to sell the players sold either because of them leaving in real life, or players that where nearing the end of their contracts and i could still get a nice amount of money for! Alex for £14.25 mill and Anelka for £7.5 mill are two deals i was quite pleased with. Some people may think selling Drogba might of been a bad move, but 10 million for a 33 year old isnt too shabby seeing as he was also in last year of his contract. All together racking in a nice £40.5 mill

Here are the players i brought in!

View attachment 221866

Gary Cahill - Solid CB, mainly brought him in because of Chelsea signing him in real life. £12 Mill being for a lot more then was agreed in real life, but with me selling Alex for as much as i did, it all adds up.

Giuseppe Rossi - At this moment in time, probably the biggest waste of money i have ever spent on a player. Lets hope that changes soon. Half of the money is too be paid over 48 Months also.

Ezequiel Lavezzi - Had a solid start to the season in which he scored a few goals. But then tore his hamstring and was injured for 3 months. Has just returned and hoping for some more good performances

Douglas Costa - Has been brilliant so far this season. With an average rating of 7.40 and 10 assists to his name. Also a few crucial free-kicks to help us win matches.

Andre Ayew - Arguably been my best signing this year! With 7 goals in 17 appearances and 6 goals he has really helped us across the finishing line in some big games!

View attachment 221867

Moving on from a good buy, to a bad one.

View attachment 221869

With 2 league goals, and being half way through the season. It seems that Chelsea's problem with finding a clinical striker still hasn't been solved! :( For 35 Mill i thought i was buying a Striker to score at least 10-15 goals by now! Not to mention ALL goals scored by him are once i have brought him on as a sub. Yet to hit the back of the net from starting a match! Still hoping he will come good this season. If not may have to let him go!

Fixtures

View attachment 221872

Im not too sure on how i feel about my start to the season. Dropping points against QPR and Norwich with-in the first 3 games wasn't good enough. Also away from home this season we haven't been good enough. Having played 9, winning 3, drawing 3 and losing 3. If we can sort this out we might have a chance of winning the title, but at the moment it looks like a lost cause. But on the other hand our home form has been brilliant(except the last game against City) This was the first time we had conceded in the league at home all season.

League Table

View attachment 221875

Quite surprised in Arsenal being top to be honest, also with Liverpool being second. But one positive is that i reckon that they will drop more points then say Man Utd or City would if they where sitting in 1st and 2nd. United are starting to come good now after having a dodgy start to the season. But from looking at the table at the moment, id have to say that winning the title is looking like a long shot. Dont think i will be making any big signings in this window as im running low on funds thanks to Rossi the flop. Of course my target is to win it, but before the season i set myself the target of a Title Challenge so im setting my team a target of finishing in the top 3 and securing automatic qualification for the Champions League next year.

Talking about the Champions League, i was given a really easy group with Shakhtar Donetsk, Basel and Otulel. In which we won 5 out of 6 and drawing away 2-2 to Donetsk. Here is the table.

View attachment 221886

Having qualified from the group we then headed into the first knockout draw and also drew a slice of luck in this as well. We will play LOSC Lille and all in all i am very happy with this and we should qualify for the Quater-Finals. Especially with having Home advantage in the second Leg.

View attachment 221890

Finshing the second half of the season today/tomorrow so will have the Second half of season up soon! Hopefully i can bring some success back to the Bridge

Why not do monthly updates?

Would be a lot better for people to read.

Some good signings, especially Douglas Costa. What sort of formation are you playing?

Yeah i am going to do monthly updates from now on cheers!

Just some constructive feedback! If you do half season updates you'll be in season 2030 by page 10!

and yeah Douglas Costa has been good! i play a 4-1-2-2-1 with short passing

yeah when you put it like that i guess your right. I never thought id have the time to do monthly reports but i think im going to give them a go. You think i should start with them this season or the next?

Back