Over-confidence

• Thread starter Thread starter Leslie1207
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4K

Leslie1207

Reaction score
My wolfsburg team are currently doing well and it appears over-confidence is starting to creep in. I wanna weed this out before it becomes more prominent. Are there any tips I can use to quash this?

rotate the players more, send them to reserves for a game, "expect performances" from them every game, as soon as they have a bad game, publically lash them (not too badly) give them a warning too!

Issue statement saying that you are Happy/Delighted with their performances

Don't worry about it, you can use it to your advantage. Overconfidence is much better to have than underconfidence.

Go to the assistant manager notes before each game and if he says something like "a majority of the team seems to think we can just show up and win today" or "the recent fine form of the team had the squad looking over-confident in warmups" then use the "expect a win" teamtalk, with "expect a performance" on any players singled out by the AM.

Get a good Assistant Manager. My team never reacts badly to my *** Man's press conferences and he is almost always right about the team talks too. I have to step in some time, but not often.

As Raikan007 said, rotate. I didn't do that much but as ManU I had to do it and now find that my team members are less likely to be complacent and more likely to be motivated or fired up.

Also, I may be wrong but being more demanding during home ties (expect a performance) and lesser during away ties (wish luck or for the fans). And don't use the same team talk again and again. The game itself tells you this.

Also be as negative in press conferences as possible, if it asks 'do you think you can keep this unbeaten run going' then answer that you probably won't and stuff like that.

Also be as negative in press conferences as possible, if it asks 'do you think you can keep this unbeaten run going' then answer that you probably won't and stuff like that.

I know in theory that would work because it would motivate the players to prove you wrong but couldn't it also upset them and make them play ****?

If you are heavy favorites to win a game against a weaker team,Over-confidence tends to be common amongst players.In pre-match press conference doubt your own ability to win the match.Players will work harder to prove you wrong.I got the tip while fm2010 was loading.But i dont really use it because i am currently playing a league 1 team haha.

Back