Resource icon

Overflow - 4-1-5 chance creating machine (202 chances, 100+ goals with Arsenal) V3

Hi Nabby, what´s the feedback on these tactics?
Are they solid?
Struggling to find a good one, after 1 season with 442 beowulf from knap it´s been difficult...

This was a pure holiday test, so plug in, arrange pre season friendlies, make sure no transfers are made in or out by staff and away we go.

I would say realistic wins, in that I mean, the league results were not clear to the title, bar Man Utd. But as said previously getting Bayer 2nd with Europa League win and also Atletico to beat off Barca and Real Madrid is hard.

As for general play and flow of the tactic I dont know, I will be using Zipper in one of my files to see shortly.

This was a pure holiday test, so plug in, arrange pre season friendlies, make sure no transfers are made in or out by staff and away we go.

I would say realistic wins, in that I mean, the league results were not clear to the title, bar Man Utd. But as said previously getting Bayer 2nd with Europa League win and also Atletico to beat off Barca and Real Madrid is hard.

As for general play and flow of the tactic I dont know, I will be using Zipper in one of my files to see shortly.
Thanks for the heads up, gonna try it ;)

New offensive tactic - Steamroller. Better than Overflow, have to do more tests but probably the best tactic I've made - tons of chances, goals and what's really surprising for a good tactic - high possesion (Lyon 57% possesion, Sassuolo 56%). Sassuolo media prediction 10th finish first, Lyon made prediction 2nd finish first, lost UCL semi final on away goals. Hope you enjoy it.

LyonComps.PNG

SassuoloComps.PNG

Attachments

• Steamroller.fmf
    43.6 KB · Views: 276
  • LyonChances.PNG
    LyonChances.PNG
    280.8 KB · Views: 197
  • LyonTable.PNG
    LyonTable.PNG
    545.5 KB · Views: 264
  • LyonTactic.PNG
    LyonTactic.PNG
    322.2 KB · Views: 290
  • SassuoloChances.PNG
    SassuoloChances.PNG
    258.9 KB · Views: 276
  • SassuoloInter.PNG
    SassuoloInter.PNG
    203.1 KB · Views: 212
  • SassuoloTactic.PNG
    SassuoloTactic.PNG
    609.6 KB · Views: 300
  • SassuoloPossesion.PNG
    SassuoloPossesion.PNG
    266.6 KB · Views: 292
New offensive tactic - Steamroller. Better than Overflow, have to do more tests but probably the best tactic I've made - tons of chances, goals and what's really surprising for a good tactic - high possesion (Lyon 57% possesion, Sassuolo 56%). Sassuolo media prediction 10th finish first, Lyon made prediction 2nd finish first, lost UCL semi final on away goals. Hope you enjoy it.

View attachment 516968

View attachment 516972
Ran the same test

Utd - 1st, CL final runner up, FA Cup semis, League Cup 3rd Round
Lyon - 2nd, Cup 11th round
Bayer - 4th, Europa runner up, Pokal runner up - was first in March, lost 5 straight end of season and then both finals
Lazio - 1st, CL out in groups, Europa out in QF, Italian cup out in SF
Atletico - sacked again while in 4th!!

Looks decent but perhaps elite only?

Ran the same test

Utd - 1st, CL final runner up, FA Cup semis, League Cup 3rd Round
Lyon - 2nd, Cup 11th round
Bayer - 4th, Europa runner up, Pokal runner up - was first in March, lost 5 straight end of season and then both finals
Lazio - 1st, CL out in groups, Europa out in QF, Italian cup out in SF
Atletico - sacked again while in 4th!!

Looks decent but perhaps elite only?

It's seems to be quite inconsistent - it overachieves amazingly in some of my tests and does poorly in others - I ran a test with Schalke and got sacked, then ran it again and finished 1st. It creates a lot of chances but also gives up a lot of them, so the results will depend on your ability to convert those chances and, with the current match engine, on some luck.

Here are two more tests I've done, 1st with Everton and 3rd with Sheffield, no transfers.

EvertonTable.PNG
SheffieldTable.PNG

Both those tests I ran with a really small attacking corner tweak (just swapped around few players). I'd say that Synthesis, Zipper and probably Zenith are better if you want consitent and solid results, but if you're looking for a really offensive tactic with chances goals and possesion, that has the chance to overachieve but also risk of failing, this is the one.

Attachments

• Steamroller.fmf
    43.6 KB · Views: 207
Would any of these work for an average championship team

Would any of these work for an average championship team

I ran Derby tests with Synthesis and Zipper, media prediction 14th, both finished 2nd so they should definitely work

Synthesis
SynthesisTable.PNG

Zipper
ZipperTable.PNG

Attachments

• SynthesisTactic.PNG
    SynthesisTactic.PNG
    577.9 KB · Views: 255
  • ZipperTactic.PNG
    ZipperTactic.PNG
    573.7 KB · Views: 191
  • MediaPrediction.PNG
    MediaPrediction.PNG
    308.9 KB · Views: 201
I'd say it doesn't really matter, but both tactics use the same formation so you can plug them both and switch to the other one if you are getting smashed by someone or are on a bad run of form. Also add "ease off tackles" pi in-game to your players after they get a yellow so you don't get a red.

New tactic - Swan, uses wide playmakers and regista. Really similiar in strength to Synthesis and Zipper so just pick whichever one you prefer the most.

MUTactic.PNG
MUTable.PNG
DerbyTable.PNG

Attachments

• Swan.fmf
    43.4 KB · Views: 171
ML taking left corner, MR taking right. None of the tactics is made to be defensive but according to fmarena tests Zipper and Swan concede less than Synthesis (but they score a little less). If you are playing away against bigger teams you can try changing mentality to positive/balanced if you want to play more defensively. If you want to defend the score at the end of the game you can change mentality to balanced and change from "counter" to "hold shape" in transition and change time-wasting to maximum.

would swan work in championship or should I just stick to zipper and synthesis

would swan work in championship or should I just stick to zipper and synthesis

All three tactics are really similiar in strength, you can just pick the one which you prefer in terms of roles. If Synthesis/Zipper work for you don't have to change to Swan.

New tactic, once again really similiar in strength to the rest (Synthesis, Zipper, Swan), this one is the best offensively out of my top 4 and has the best possesion, but worst defensively. I'm trying really hard to make something that will be much better than my current tactics but I've seem to hit a wall and the best I can do right now is just decent tactics like these, but not anything amazing. Maybe I will put some more time in tweaking and improving the ones that I've already made instead of creating new ones.

MUTable.PNG
MUTactic.PNG

Attachments

• Breakpoint.fmf
    43.6 KB · Views: 90
New version of Zipper, this is probably my best tactic at the moment (not by a lot by still). Doesn't use "counter", I hate players mindlessly hoofing the ball forward in transition, this should hopefully make them a bit more patient with their decision making. I'm also really liking the stopper pairing in the defence, performs a little better in my tests than classic defend duties pairing.

MUTactic.PNG
MUTable.PNG
SassuoloTable.PNG

Attachments

• Zipper V2.fmf
    43.5 KB · Views: 122
Sorry for spamming so many tactics but I've made some good progress again. New tactic - Grace - is currently #4 overall ranked tactic on fmarena, my best tactic without a doubt. 2nd place 87 points with Sassuolo, 3rd place 88 points with Everton but just 3 points off championship (also top scorer and top assists) and 1st place 95 points with Man United - all 1st season, no transfers. I'll probably edit the main post soon to make everything more organised (also because Overflow is probably my worst performing tactic and the main post is still only about it).

SassuoloTactic.PNG

SassuoloTable.PNG
EvertonTable.PNG
MUTable.PNG

Attachments

• EvertonTactic.PNG
    EvertonTactic.PNG
    504 KB · Views: 111
  • MUTactic.PNG
    MUTactic.PNG
    544.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Grace.fmf