Owen injury setback hits Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United striker Michael Owen tells BBC Sport he will not be able to play "for a few weeks" because of a hamstring injury suffered in training.

More...

With Hernandez firing from all cylinders I really think he's surplus to requirements anyway.

Last edited:
We have Hernandez, Berbatov, Rooney, Bebe and Macheda.

Owen's injury is a minor setback. We may lose out on a few goals out of the blue from Owen but we can survive.

what was the point of signing him,i love hima s he scored against the blue's but sell him already to villa!!!

what was the point of signing him,i love hima s he scored against the blue's but sell him already to villa!!!
because he was a free and wage wise fairly cheap option at the time who got a few, but important, goals

Owen accepted the fact that he will no longer merit solid starting roles. United are true to their word, but if he keeps getting injured, its not going to help either side. I predict Owen to leave at the end of the season.

Feel sorry for Owen. He's a great player, but he's way to injury prone. I always hope he would recover.

Hate it how United have five or six strikers who could get into our starting XI. :/

He should retire.He'll never reach his best form again and he's unlucky with injuries and there are like 5-6 strikers in the team who are better

He's proberbly going to leave on a free at the end of the season anyway as his contract is up

This is what i can see happning Torres unfortunatly. I have have alot of pleasure watching Owen in an England shirt in the past and if he never had bad injurys then im sure he would still be in the England set-up. I think he should move to Aston Villa with Heskey upfront.

I feel so sorry for Owen, I feel like even at his age he still has potential to fill at United, looks like that's not going to happen I suppose.

Hate it how United have five or six strikers who could get into our starting XI. :/

You referring to Liverpool?

Seeing as we only play 1 upfront and have Torres I think your completely wrong there lol.

On topic:

I really want to see Owen fit again and playing somewhere where he will get more games, hes a great poacher.

Back