Owen ruled out for rest of season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 655

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United striker Michael Owen will not play again this season after pulling his hamstring in the Carling Cup win over Aston Villa.

More...

A pulled hamstring and he's out for 2 months? :S

Weird. Blow for us though, Diouf can't cut it at the moment in the league, so we will struggle if Berbatov or Rooney get an injury or need a rest.

Owen injured? thats a suprise lol..

Damnit, well i feel that his winner against City will win us the league (again) in the end :P thats why Ferguson got him, Class player when he plays

Such a shame :(
Now we need berbatov to step his game up otherwise Diouf will steal his place

Thank **** he's not still at Newcastle.

I would have liked to see him play for england at the wc but would have been a long shot anyway. As for the title race its decent news for chelsea as we keep loosing major players.

His career went down the day he turned his back on us. Snake. Then he joined UTD. F*ckin Snake. No England for him now :(

Leaves a space in the England squad for Zamora now... ;)

Well disappointed for him, and its a big blow for us because in the run-in he would have got a fair few games. I don't think its fair to say Diouf can't cut it, we haven't seen him that much, yet he still bagged a goal as a sub. Macheda has just returned from injury so expect to see him on the bench, and possibly Welbeck recalled?

I would have liked to see him play for england at the wc but would have been a long shot anyway. As for the title race its decent news for chelsea as we keep loosing major players.

It is good news for you, but its not like we havent had major players out this year. Try two whole defences.

such a shame really. looked goof for 40minutes against villa. even capello said he was impressed.

Feel so sorry for him, Used to be one of the best strikers in the world. Always hope he will get back but it's just not going to happen.

Looks like that's the final nail in the coffin for South Africa then:( Would have liked to see him start with Rooney

The funny thing is that Capello hasn't shown any inclination to call him up for a friendly, never mind putting him in the World Cup squad. At least this way we'll skip the media feeding frenzy of a campaign for England's Michael Owen to go the World Cup based on the evidence of his form a decade ago.

I wouldnt trust Owen to make a cup of tea without getting injured these days.

Oh no United's season is completely over now...

Oh wait.

Tbh it's a blow as i'd rather have Owen than Berbatov, an injured Owen is better than a 100% fit berbatov. Mame Biram Diouf IS good enough for United, he's not as young as Welbeck and Macheda, he has all the qualities to be a great premier league striker. I want to see Diouf get a good run in now.

Back