• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Michael Owen scored a 76th minute winner as Manchester United beat European champions Barcelona 2-1 in a pre-season friendly in Washington DC

More...

The Eurosport app on my ipod made me laugh this morning. "Man Utd get some revenge on Barca". No, no they dont, not even close.

Considering it was never about revenge, only lazy journalists think that

The Eurosport app on my ipod made me laugh this morning. "Man Utd get some revenge on Barca". No, no they dont, not even close.

It was a revenge. I can forget the pain of losing 2 finals courtesy of this friendly win over Barca..

Friendly vs Barca at USA >>>>>>>>>> Champions league

It wasnt about revenge, But even so, No Messi, Xavi, Pique, Puyol, Mascherano or Dani Alves , thats 5 maybe 6 of barca's starting 11 haha

It wasnt about revenge, But even so, No Messi, Xavi, Pique, Puyol, Mascherano or Dani Alves , thats 5 maybe 6 of barca's starting 11 haha

Both sides were weakened. Barca have a better starting XI, United have better strength in depth. We played very well, Nani was outstanding, and we have had a really good pre-season, the "fringe" players have all impressed and looked really sharp

Both sides were weakened. Barca have a better starting XI, United have better strength in depth. We played very well, Nani was outstanding, and we have had a really good pre-season, the "fringe" players have all impressed and looked really sharp

oh yea its expected for a friendly, but like you said, united have better strength in depth, and from what ive seen united are playing really well at the minute, should be a great season!

oh yea its expected for a friendly, but like you said, united have better strength in depth, and from what ive seen united are playing really well at the minute, should be a great season!

Very excited for the coming season, and not just about United, looks like it could be really tight at the top, and there are lots of quality players coming into the Prem

Very excited for the coming season, and not just about United, looks like it could be really tight at the top, and there are lots of quality players coming into the Prem

Yep, Think Chelsea and Cty will push all the way with united..

LFC snatching a 4th place will please me! :P

Yep, Think Chelsea and Cty will push all the way with united..

LFC snatching a 4th place will please me! :P

Got Liverpool in top 4 in predictions. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool. Have a feeling they'll be back with a massive bang

Very successful tour for Man Utd. Good results, getting good fitness and improving their presence in America even more and making some good money too.

Back