• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

The owners of Blackburn Rovers call for fans to support the team ahead of a planned protest march to demand manager Steve Kean be sacked.

More...

wtf, lol. amazing stuffs. ahahah.

if the chicken owners want to sack kean, then why dont the do it whole-heartedly. i think IF the fans also hate kean, then the job should be easy to kick him out.

He was always the cheap option. Can't fault his positivity though. I think he deserves a few more games, Blackburn should of beat Everton and they looked very good against us, very organised in defence. The points will come, they've just been unlucky. I can understand why Blackburn fans are unhappy though because there are good managers available. Whether they'd go to Blackburn I am unsure of so I think Kean is there best bet for now.

this ^. !!!

let a few game decide the future for kean. if there no change by October, then the chicken men can fire him of the kitchen toghter wiht the fans.

but who's is next for the job, southgate ? o neil ? ancelloti ?

Give him some time ffs. He has made some decent additions and have looked okay in the last couple of games.

Give him some time ffs. He has made some decent additions and have looked okay in the last couple of games.

thats teh strange thing about this news. blackburn have been okay so far, and i dont get it why they are want to sack him .

but who's is next for the job, southgate ? o neil ? ancelloti ?

Not entirely sure, Blackburn fans want Hughes reappointed as manager but I don't think he'd go back there. O'Neill just seems to turn down a lot of jobs at the moment and probably thinks he's above them. Ancelotti, don't think he'd take the job either. Southgate is now head of FA Youth development but I don't think he'd even be on there shortlist to be honest. They don't really have many options if they sack him.

thats teh strange thing about this news. blackburn have been okay so far, and i dont get it why they are want to sack him .

Some fans these days don't have an ounce of patience. A few bad results and they are calling for the manager's head. Plus he wasn't the most popular appointment in the first place.

Get Curbishley in :)

Some fans these days don't have an ounce of patience. A few bad results and they are calling for the manager's head. Plus he wasn't the most popular appointment in the first place.

Get Curbishley in :)

sigh. its the world we live in. sad. cant do nothing about it.

same for wenger, but im trust him whole heartedly. same with de gea. the lad is young and need time to settle. maybe abit of a motivation or some encouragement from united players will help too. said that, i dont see linengrad anywhere to get the no.1, even if he's okay oO) .

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Not entirely sure, Blackburn fans want Hughes reappointed as manager but I don't think he'd go back there. O'Neill just seems to turn down a lot of jobs at the moment and probably thinks he's above them. Ancelotti, don't think he'd take the job either. Southgate is now head of FA Youth development but I don't think he'd even be on there shortlist to be honest. They don't really have many options if they sack him.

fabio cappelo ?

rafa benitez. LOL!

There is no point sacking him after you let him spend 20m, see where they are at christmas first,

O'Neill's no mug, he chooses his jobs carefully. He'll want a big budget and he'll want absolute control over the manager's role, and he won't accept a job if those two things at least aren't provided to him. If they're not, then he'll not go for it, safe in the knowledge he's built up a fair reputation to sit on. Considerable hubris, perhaps, but that's his position and I doubt he'll change.

Ancelotti? Well, signs are relatively good: he wants to manage in England, he's fairly young, and Venky's would seem like a relief after Ambramovich. However, whilst Blackburn have a reputation for pulling off big name signings, Milan to Chelsea to Blackburn seems far too big a step down to me. Doubt it.

Southgate is a possible, and I hope he gets given a chance. Quite apart from him being a damned nice bloke, he did pretty well with Middlesbrough: 12th place, 8th place, and then a shock relegation. Then, he's sacked in the Championship when they were a point off the top, a truly bizarre decision. He'd be an interesting young choice, though whether he's available we don't know.

Curbishley is the fall-back option who has been mooted for most mid-to-low level jobs in the past three years. I like him, frankly, as his record is nothing but good: as a manager who gets the best out of his players he is excellent, turning Charlton from league fodder into Premier League stalwarts. Not only that, but look at the players he's found or brought through: Bowyer, Parker, Kiely, Bent and... er... Konchesky. Not to mention his time at West Ham, where he got a top ten finish with half his team injured.

Hughes? Hm. Possible, but unlikely in my view, and I rather hope Blackburn don't sign him up again. Hughes showed rather remarkable arrogance and disrespect in quitting Fulham: not only did he assume Villa, with a vacant manager position, would jump at the chance to sign him, but he also left in order to 'further his experiences', pretty clear code for 'I want a bigger club'. In that, he deserted a club in a disrespectful manner in order to make himself available to another club that he, in his inflated ego, believed would be falling over itself to sign him up. Whilst I was fairly pleased with the prospect of us signing him at the time, my views have rather slotted into the reported views of our chairman, Randy Lerner, at the time. In other words, we wouldn't touch someone of such disloyalty and arrogance with a six foot Heskey. Therefore, I do hope Hughes spends a little more time drifting in the wilderness, paying dues for his hubris.

Southgate is a possible, and I hope he gets given a chance. Quite apart from him being a damned nice bloke, he did pretty well with Middlesbrough: 12th place, 8th place, and then a shock relegation. Then, he's sacked in the Championship when they were a point off the top, a truly bizarre decision. He'd be an interesting young choice, though whether he's available we don't know.

Southgate has never took Boro to an 8th place finish. 12th in his first season and relegation in his 2nd season, and believe me it was anything but a shock to Boro fans. We seen it coming a good while. Southgate couldn't manage an OAP trip to Blackpool.

idk why Hughes quited. any reasons ?

Basically, Hughes wanted to sign Pablo Osvaldo from Espanyol and we had a 10-12 million pound bid rejected. Hughes wanted Fulham to bid more but our board refused so he resigned due to lack of ambition. In the end, Osvaldo went to Roma for 17.5 million euros. Looks like that money was a spent on Bryan Ruiz. It is annoying that we've lost our last two managers under the circumstances we did yhough, second half of last season was amazing under Hughes. Now our team has to adapt to Jol and the transition hasn't been great so far.

Southgate has never took Boro to an 8th place finish. 12th in his first season and relegation in his 2nd season, and believe me it was anything but a shock to Boro fans. We seen it coming a good while. Southgate couldn't manage an OAP trip to Blackpool.

He wasn't in charge for three seasons and took them to an 8th place finish in his second? Blurgh. I have a faulty brain, apologies.

Shock relegation to the rest of the Prem, anyhow. Not too many of us saw a team that finished 12th the season before and with the likes of Stewart Downing, Huth, Tuncay and so on going down, I think. Maybe it was just me.

I dunno, I think Southgate deserves a proper chance. One decent season with Boro, one terrible one, and then sacked when he was a point off top. Avram Grant would be given another chance with that kind of record...

He wasn't in charge for three seasons and took them to an 8th place finish in his second? Blurgh. I have a faulty brain, apologies.

Shock relegation to the rest of the Prem, anyhow. Not too many of us saw a team that finished 12th the season before and with the likes of Stewart Downing, Huth, Tuncay and so on going down, I think. Maybe it was just me.

I dunno, I think Southgate deserves a proper chance. One decent season with Boro, one terrible one, and then sacked when he was a point off top. Avram Grant would be given another chance with that kind of record...

He was lucky when he first took over to have 3 good strikers in Viduka, Hasselbaink and Yakubu. As soon as he started dismantling McLarens team we sunk quicker than the Titanic. He was awful in the transfer market too, i mean 15m for Afonso Alves? dear god.

Maybe he should be given another chance, so long as its not at Boro.

To be fair I'd say Kean has a pretty good oppertunity with this Arsenal game, they've looked so dodgy all year and imo if their last two games weren't against a newly promoted side and a team that couldn't finish a happy meal they would have lost both.

And if Blackburn to beat Arsenal will the calls for his head die down? I think so..

No, that never happened. Middlesbrough were 8th for a while, but that was the same season they got relegated, might have been how you got confused.

Oh and Southgate is terrible, he inherited a wonderful squad of players and ****** it up big time.

Back