Ozil positioning

• Thread starter Thread starter Tubpac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

Tubpac

Reaction score
Hey guys, After i read all your threads about Ozil you're all using on the Left mid, it seems. Well i watched Deustchland a few times, and as i saw. He was Offensive midfielder, Can you use this guy on that position in FM 2010? And if, What should i play him As?
Thanks..

I use him either as a LAM or a CAM. He performs brilliantly in either role.

I use him in Centre Attacking Midfeilder with lots of creative freedom,he does really well,loads of assists and goals

Well How do you guys play him then ? Cause i dont have any succes with him at all. Like 1/5 Matches he plays ok. Else He plays like a broken arm ?.. Sigh

amc advanced playmaker, with roaming turned on

Ok ill try that, Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Have been using ozil for 1 season now, And he is still playing like a broken arm... Used him on AMC Advanced playmaker, Only a few Assits, And cant score at all. Guess im gonna sell him.

you need to work on your tactic them cos you will have the same problem with whoever you play there, cos ozil is one of the best in the game

Maybe i ask stupid now, but what is roaming?

liscence to move around the pitch instead of sticking to his assigned position. for example, messi plays on the right wing for barcelona, but he pops up all over the pitch, this is because he is given the liscence to roam

I've been playing him in centre mid mainly, left wing as cover is Young or Robinho dont play.

you need to work on your tactic them cos you will have the same problem with whoever you play there, cos ozil is one of the best in the game

Marko Marin is also a similar player and has better potential and personally i think he is better.

Marko Marin is also a similar player and has better potential and personally i think he is better.
he has better potential but is very flawed in areas, ozil is more rounded, and actually playes better

Ive trained him to play in central midfield in a Barcelona/Arsenal/70s Ajax style 4 - 3 - 3 as an advanced playmaker with roaming turned on. This seems to be his best position as when he's played on the left he ceased to be the focus of the team. He's an absolute beast for me and regularly gets over 15 assists a season.

I play him on the right side of centre midfield, he's brilliant due to his left-footed play, seems to caue a lot of problems. He tends to alternate with Xavi and while Xavi is undeniably awesome, Ozil has strong stats if you train him well and tends to get a ridiculous number of assists and key passes for what is, in my team, a pure 'service position'. If he can pick up the PPM 'Looks for a pass rather than attempting to score' it's pretty ace, as with passing, creativity, flair etc all close to 20, he creates a lot better than he takes chances.

I don't think he has the physicality to dribble -that- well, so tend to play him as a pass and move type player who appears to tap a killer ball through the defence. Pretty great to watch with good inside forward movement.

Back