PA and CA

• Thread starter Thread starter SamScfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3K

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
I assume PA means Potential Abillity, and CA means Current abillity? Is that right? :/

Anyway if it I can never find it:

Here's a screenshot of a player: And it doesnt say it on here.

View attachment 34893

You're not meant to know, they van be found on the editor ;)

you can find (and change) a players CA and PA in the data editor and using FMRTE

They are two of the hidden attributes of players, and also coaches.the higher the CA, the better the player is at that time. The better the PA is, the more potential the player has of being a star. Probably the best way to explain.

One of the skins on this site has the ability where when you view the squad, there's a tab that says CA/PA, and it tells you. I think it's called X-wild or something. It's got X in it

One of the skins on this site has the ability where when you view the squad, there's a tab that says CA/PA, and it tells you. I think it's called X-wild or something. It's got X in it

I would be careful, as I had a skin with that in it, and the league tables didnt show.

right i dont know if im the only one in saying this, but surely every players potential is 200? because any player has the ability to become world class. take aguero for example, he stays at atletico, and his PA should stay about where his CA is, but if he moves to chelsea, he could well become the greatest player.

plus all the other players in FM who have a PA of -10 or -9 who play for rubbish argentinian (or wherever) sides wont have as much chance of reaching that potential as much as someone who has -7 in the game who plays for chelsea. in real life, the player with -7 would more likely have a higher potential than the bloke from argentina (for example).

sorry im not very good at explaining this, but i hope someone can see my point. basically, you cant decide a players potential, because you never know how good theyre going to be.

the best example i can come up with is that Ben who won Footballs next star! he played for welling united, and if he was on fm, his potential would have probs been -5 for a guess, but now, itl probs be -8 because hes at inter, if you understand?

EDIT: Had a rethink, basically, the PA is like a barrier, the player can get better than this potential, so when i brough Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea, he was still going to be an average player, whereas in real life his potential would have shot up. what does everyone else think?

Last edited:
yeah aguero was just an example, i wasnt asking for a change for him. it was just a point i was making about how its not very realistic :\

Back