Paddy Kenny Suspended After Failing Drugs Test

Reaction score
From SKY SPORTS NEWS:

Sheffield United confirm they have suspended goalkeeper Paddy Kenny after failing drugs test. Kenny's urine sample after Play-Off Semi-Final against Preston tested positive for Epherdine. However, Epherdine is not on WADA's list of banned substances and is found in some treatments for the common cold. He is facing a ban of upto two years.

I feel sorry for him, I think he's a great keeper who could have played well in the Prem, but if he took the drugs then it's his fault.

What are your thoughts?

if it is not a banned substance and is found in treatments for the common cold why is he gonna get banned for two years. when mutu tested positive for cocaine he was only given 7 months.

Thats mad. A bit suspicious when your taking a treatment for a cold in the middle of May.:)

Thats mad. A bit suspicious when your taking a treatment for a cold in the middle of May.:)
not that wierd. i have a cold almost the whole year round.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/8137680.stm

according to the bbc it is a banned substance but his punishment could be anything from a reprimand to the two year ban probably depending on wether paddy kenny can prove it wasn't taken to improve his performances and was just in his cold medicine.

If he had a cold then getting rid off it would improve his performance

the plot thickens

Either way he's an idiot for not realising if he took it, whether it was for a cold or to enhance performance, that it could end up coming out and he could face suspension. And he is a good keeper, so it's a shame.

Back