Paragraphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

County4life06

Reaction score
Hey, this might be really stupid but I'm new to this so don't really know everything about the sites tools and I have noticed that on my Story, if I write a paragraph and then no-one comments and I write another paragraph it will automatically tie the two together which is highly annoying is there anyway to make each paragraph a stand-alone thing?

Hmm, i've been wondering about this as well.

Yeah, its a problem.. You need to attract more people to your story, you can see that its not about people not wanting to read stories, you can see the likes of Kris and Frankie attract huge crowds to their stories. This is part to do with them being a moderator, theres just a bit more hype to a 'Mod Story' but another is to do with how well they've done with their story.

Heres the link to a thread to help you - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/tips-hints-and-links-to-make-a-better-fm-story-t29284.html

Two other hints:
  • Make your story have a catchy name. Kris entitled his story "Return Of The King", which encourages people to check it out, without even knowing its a story.
  • Another one, have the story in your signature with a link/hyperlink, it will encourage people to check it out.
People will check out your story mate, Its just a matter of making it a better story than anything else on this site.

Edit the original post instead of replying to it. Solved.

Edit the original post instead of replying to it. Solved.

It won't go into the 'Recent Threads' though Lee.

It does answer his query though, its just that it won't update into the recent threads.

I'd recommend you post an update, even if it does paragraph like you said.. If no-one comments it, edit the post and remove all you typed. Then post it again, it will update again and it will keep going into Recent Threads, someone is bound to read it.

That might be against the rules though, possibly double-posting or spam.

But what about the people who don't want constant spam on their stories? XD I think if you wait like a few hours or so it actually adds a reply rather than editing the previous post..

Hey, this might be really stupid but I'm new to this so don't really know everything about the sites tools and I have noticed that on my Story, if I write a paragraph and then no-one comments and I write another paragraph it will automatically tie the two together which is highly annoying is there anyway to make each paragraph a stand-alone thing?

it's not a problem - it's to prevent spamming your own thread to raise post count essentially, afaik. However, it does bump your thread regardless. Additionally, if enough time has elapsed between the first and second post, they become two different posts.

it's not a problem - it's to prevent spamming your own thread to raise post count essentially, afaik. However, it does bump your thread regardless. Additionally, if enough time has elapsed between the first and second post, they become two different posts.

whs ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.