Paraguay v Spain Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thise world cup is ****, I've literally lost about £700 in the space of two days because of Argentina, Torres, and Ghana ******* up.

Germany should have no problems dispatching Spain based on recent performances. Come on Germany!

Thise world cup is ****, I've literally lost about £700 in the space of two days because of Argentina, Torres, and Ghana ******* up.

Next time, bet on the sure thing...

...that Scotland won't qualify again. :wub:

You answered your own question.

In modern day football you need a certain holding midfielder to keep an eye on the defensive aspects of the game. Especially in a game like this.

When Paraguay's typical nr10 Valdez falls down in the hole between the defence and the midfield Spain need a deeplying midfielder to keep an eye on him. And Busquets is very suited for this role.

You can't just play 10 offensively minded players and hope for the best.
You could play Alonso there, with Xabi in CM, Iniesta in ML and maybe someone like Fabregas (anyone but Navas) in MR. But I agree that Busquets' role is important to their team.

You are always so negative. This World Cup has been unpredictable which is great, face it if you knew who was going to win there wouldn't be much point in actually playing the match. Anyway, it's probably your luck which is ****.

You could play Alonso there, with Xabi in CM, Iniesta in ML and maybe someone like Fabregas (anyone but Navas) in MR. But I agree that Busquets' role is important to their team. .

Xabi Alonso wouldn't fit that role at all. He's a creative minded and yes, deeplying player. But he has always had a holding midfielder alongsides him (Mascherano in Liverpool and when facing tough opponents Lass Diarra in Madrid). He simply don't have the musclepower and tackle ability to play this role.

Play him there v Germany and watch Özil rape him to death.

At least you're on course.

Could be IrishScouse and have a bet on Torres top scoring.

I can't even remember Torres having a good chance on goal, let alone netting one.

Touché.

Paraguay weren't as solid defensively as they were in previous games, disappointed tbh. Spain didn't show their potential in this game. Villa should start in the central role in the next game.

Touché.

Paraguay weren't as solid defensively as they were in previous games, disappointed tbh. Spain didn't show their potential in this game. Villa should start in the central role in the next game.

Spain haven't shown their potential in the whole ****** tournament

You could play Alonso there, with Xabi in CM, Iniesta in ML and maybe someone like Fabregas (anyone but Navas) in MR. But I agree that Busquets' role is important to their team.

You are always so negative. This World Cup has been unpredictable which is great, face it if you knew who was going to win there wouldn't be much point in actually playing the match. Anyway, it's probably your luck which is ****.

Sarcasm. Of course I know that theres no point in knowing the winner. I'm merely pointing out how annoyed I am at losing my money, I'm sure you'd be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.