Joshua 92

Reaction score

As the rain drizzled down at St. James' Park, Alan Pardew stood helplessly at the touchline as his grip at the helm of Newcastle United slipped away. Mike Ashley had already confirmed this was a must
win, a 3-1 home defeat to Tottenam sees Newcastle flounder with no wins out of six games. Mike Ashley on the otherhand, refused to attend the game due to more pressing matters with his Sports Direct business - Although we have confirmation that directors have taken Pardew out from the dressing room to confirm his departure.

In an official club statement today, Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has confirmed U21's Manager Joshua Sykes will be acting as a caretaker manager until a suitable candidate has been found.
Ashley has expressed his fondness of Sykes' style of play, "If anything, we have a strong U21 and Youth setup and a great manager in [Joshua] Sykes. It's his prowess and man management which has
brought in David Beckhams son Brooklyn and a collective of already capable youngsters"

Joshua Sykes has a proven record at U21 management level but has not won any honours within the English U21 league system. Nonetheless, he has been trusted with a position and will take charge
until Mike Ashley and his board of directors have found a permanent manager.

October 2013 - First month in charge

I never thought I'd have to say it but I was happy to take 1-1 with Southampton, what a close-knit squad considering the talent they sold over the summer! My nails were bitten to a ****** mess during the Hull game. 4-3, away aswell!! A true spectacle of the English game. The results have been good, theres a slight glow in the players now - Although they are tired after the Cup game with Leicester. Christ, 120th minute free kick goal from Ryan Taylor? You couldnt make it up! Im rolling out some new training schedules this week, I need the lads' as fit as they possibly can be and I need them to work as a unit to get us out of this hole. Playing a Premier League club in the Capital One Cup already has taken it out of my regulars, I need to get some of the younger lads with me. Remie will get his place soon, watch this Streete.

November - Results

Manager's Blog, November.

Very unhappy to have spent my birthday being battered by Chelsea. The Man United result? Wow. The lads played their hearts out and nearly snatched the draw, gutted to have conceded that second goal but the squad played with a great spirit. I would've liked to have won the Sunderland game, typically that would've been 2 easy wins and 2 narrow losses/draw with Top 4 teams. The boys are knackered, Im introducing some new training regimes this week to get a sharper edge on fitness. Obertan is performing well in training, hes just not 100% fit when it comes to the games.

Newcastle United are out of the bottom 3, a steady and positive climb as caretaker manager Joshua Sykes rallies his squad to push on. It would be a birthday Sykes wouldnt want to remember as the full-time score at Stamford Bridge is 3-0, only the bar has stopped a Diego Costa hat-trick whilst Cesc Fabregas grabbed the third.​