Parent club poaching my players

• Thread starter Thread starter TMC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K

TMC

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm playing with Sevilla Atlético and whenever I get a player to play well, the senior Sevilla squad steals them from me. Marc Valiente, Víctor Díaz, Vaclav Kadlec... is there a way to stop Sevilla from taking my good players, which they don't even need because their squad has better players to start off with.

Sevilla Atletico are basically Sevilla's reserve team so they have the right to take who they want, you'll never be able to build up a good team or get promoted because Sevilla are in the top division and they are owned by the same person, it would be like Man United Reserves not allowing a player who plays for them to play for the Man United first team, I'm sorry mate but you will achieve nothing by Managing Sevilla Atletico

The aim was to promote Sevilla Atlético from B4 to the Liga Adelante series. I knew they'd never get to play Liga BBVA but I was only planning on the one season. **** shame though that the game steals "good" players that still aren't even near the level for the senior squad, just to sit on the bench instead of getting good game time with the reserve team =(

What did you expect to happen??

Well it's the first time I play FM, so I didn't know how my parent club would behave. I knew Atlético is a reserve team so I thought they'd poach players when they are in need, didn't know they'd automatically poach players who become any good. And since Sevilla were just recently relegated I wanted to get them back into the Liga Adelante.

Ah well, I guess I'll just manage a bigger team like Barca or something...

Why not take another 2B division team? You'll still be able to do this challenge and you'll probably enjoy it more :)

Want a challenge go for Alcoyano in B3, you need to gain promotion in your first year to avoid being sacked!

Yeah there are a few teams in Spain like that. They are either their reserve teams, or the parent club can take players on frees. Unfortunate, but thats the way it goes. Then again, working will Sevilla Atletico will put you in good stead to take the Sevilla job should it become available. Apart from that, wait for another B1/2/3/4 team to sack their manager, and take that job. Alaves, Alicante or Eibar are the best teams in the Segunda B divisions.

can you not cancel your link with your parent team??
go info-affiliated teams-choose club and cancel the link (can normally be done after 1 year though)

Back