paulkg94

Reaction score
Only bought the game yesterday, went Liverpool, playing a standart 4-3-2-1, not too offensive, trying to control the games but results soo far have been...

Palace 5-2 Liverpool
Newcastle 6-0 Liverpool
Man United 6-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-3 Hull

Im not doing anything particularly wrong like playing Sterling in goal or anything, but has anyones games been ridiculously overpowered by AI?

I've been getting smashed by god awful teams. Millwall hammered me 0-4 at home in the league cup 2nd round. I'm Sunderland btw. I know not world beaters, but millwall were favourites. What goes on there?!

Also Liverpool are rock bottom in my league, 7 points off 17 games.

Everton won the league 1st season losing one game, I just couldn't catch em!!!

Haha jeeeesus that's highly unfortunate/unlikely. Yeah I am still playing. 14th, 17 games in. 1 point above the drop. I can't seem to get anything right. I get a nice little run going (2 wins in a row woo) and then go get hammered off rock bottom.

Im having the same problem. Im Blackpool. Not had the best start but then i strung 4 wins in a row, got manager of the month won 3 games out of 4 away and now getting smashed again. The tactic was working well but now my fans are asking me to change it but nothing else seems to work.

I think patterns are emerging with certain teams. If you e.g. start as Newcastle they somehow become title contenders in the first season regardless if you play as them or not. Liverpool seem to struggle (although this varies) but from my experiences I started as West Brom and the team were just poor full stop. Was given ultimatum of getting 9 points from 5 games against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Hull. Last minute equaliser against hull cost me and I lost in the dying sconds to Spurs and I was sacked. There just seemed no way of getting West Brom to play well or score goals. Jonas Olsson was my time scorer from corners despite the fact I wanted to play attacking possession football.
Following that I went to Brighton almost immediately after and took them from 21st in the Champ to 12th by the end of the season. It seems to be a complete lottery as to what teams do well and what teams don't. I tried managing Sunderland after they were relegated but having lost all backroom staff and they couldn't afford to hire any more I didn't stick around.

I think patterns are emerging with certain teams. If you e.g. start as Newcastle they somehow become title contenders in the first season regardless if you play as them or not. Liverpool seem to struggle (although this varies) but from my experiences I started as West Brom and the team were just poor full stop. Was given ultimatum of getting 9 points from 5 games against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Hull. Last minute equaliser against hull cost me and I lost in the dying sconds to Spurs and I was sacked. There just seemed no way of getting West Brom to play well or score goals. Jonas Olsson was my time scorer from corners despite the fact I wanted to play attacking possession football.
Following that I went to Brighton almost immediately after and took them from 21st in the Champ to 12th by the end of the season. It seems to be a complete lottery as to what teams do well and what teams don't. I tried managing Sunderland after they were relegated but having lost all backroom staff and they couldn't afford to hire any more I didn't stick around.

I beg to differ. Screenshot from my first season.
mfhTUHp.png

You really should be able to control this by changing around your tactics. I was having the same issues at first, but take a look at your tactics. Move your line back. Have the defenders get stuck in, harass the attackers. Things like that make a huge difference. If you are using CWB's, change them to WB's instead.

I was 9th first season with west brom, should have been higher but had a bad run of injuries, came 4th second season.