Parma Calcio 1913 : The Redemption of Parma F.C.

Reaction score
Hi, I have just started a new file with Parma F.C., those of you who do not know Parma last season were surrounded by a lot of controversy going through multiple owners in the space of a season and long story short they fell into bankruptcy and were demoted from Serie A finishing 20th, to Serie D, In this file I aim to rebuild this Parma team (the squad on my file began with no squad, just a few blank players and some co-owned players, none of their playing teams being Parma), and to hopefully at the same time bring them back to the good status they had in the 1990's when they had players such Juan Sebastian Veron, Hernan Crespo, Fabio Cannavaro among various others. I've used a Serie D mod to get the Serie D league on the game and a transfer update mod so they are more or less up to date, this is by no means going to be an easy challenge, and although the chairman has given me money (5 mil transfer budget, 55k Wage Budget) it is still not going to be an easy task as we're not supposed to challenge for Serie D Group Ds top spot, we're supposed to survive relegation.

As I'm speaking we are on the 22nd of September, and I have managed to build a side most of which being U20 players (there is a rule where you have to have at least 4 U20 players in the starting 11, 3 of them being U19 players and 1 U18 player) and all of them being signed on frees, I did also manage to get a few players over 20 though which will help with tutoring and will add valuable experience to the side.

Here is the side I have assembled so far:

View attachment 233176

As you'll see we have suffered a lot of injuries, the match scheduling is a bit erratic to say the least as you will end up playing sometimes 3 games in the space of a week, but then on the other hand some injuries have just come as accidents in training so it could be also we don't get the best choice of physios and fitness coaches, being a Serie D Club.

I will now go through our first games one by one.

View attachment 233172

The first game against Rimini was never going to be easy, especially for us as we had a whole new side, and one or two of them had to play out of position as I hadn't fully built my side yet as I was still scouting, though we somehow remained steady throughout the game, and in the end through a brilliant slice of good fortune we got a penalty, which was a little lucky apparently but Amil Dilberovic my Dutch CAM took it, scored and won us our first game 1-0, wasn't a memorable game for the purists but I'm more concerned about results than nice football atm, and was a great first win for us.

View attachment 233166

Second Game, which was probably coming, our first loss against Formigine, they put us to the sword and even though we had a few more chances than they did, more possession and the same amount of shots on target, it was just a case of them being better at scoring them than we were and using their home advantage to full effect. On a single positive note we did have more or less a full team now, apart from one or two yet still to arrive, but you win some, you lose some.

View attachment 233162

Third Game our first in the Serie D cup was another loss, 2-1 to Brindisi, similar game really, similar amount of possession and chances with that man Dilberovic again finding the back of the net, meant we're knocked out of the cup but I don't think it was realistic for us this season anyway, we just need to focus on blending as a team at the moment.

View attachment 233157

Fourth game, third in the league was a 2-2 draw with Ribelle, A much better game than the last 2, and even though we went behind early to an unfortunate own goal from my experienced CB Montalto, we remained strong and brought it back to 2-1 with goals from my striker Magnani, and my CB, Coleschi. Not long after Coleschi scored though they equalized again to make it 2-2, and with a few more chances it ended that way, I can be a little disappointed that we did dominate them but didn't win, but there were many positives with it being a much better game than the last 2 and playing nice football which showed my tactics coming into place.

View attachment 233153

Fifth Game, was a very strange game, we started almost in disaster, with Piacenza being in 2nd place I realized it would be a tough game but to go 3-0 down after only 30 minutes was still surprising, at that point they were really dominating the game but we grabbed a quick double in the 32nd and 34th minutes from my young prospect striker Davide Asta which made me realize we might actually salvage something out of this game, and so for a while it was pretty cagey which neither team able to get the goal until Asta scored again the 84th minute to get his hat-trick and a 3-3 draw for us, a really positive result and performance, considering we were 3-0 down it showed that we have a lot of fight and were continuing to improve as a team.

View attachment 233150

Sixth game, another draw, this time against Fidenza ending 1-1, things weren't going to badly for us with it being a steady game until my CB Coleschi got sent off with a dangerous two footed tackle in the 35th minute, that gave Fidenza the chance to capitalize and so they eventually got a 1-0 lead, that took them through to half time, but then after the first half we ended up getting into the game a little more, despite our disadvantage, and then my reliable CB Montalto got the equalizer for us in the 65th minute, all in all it could have been a very different game for us if Coleschi hadn't got sent off, but these things happen, and another draw to end it on.

Here are some of my best players:

Gianfranco D'Errico

View attachment 233149

Luca Arriatti (has vital Serie A experience playing for Fiorentina, Chievo, Lecce and Atalanta.)

View attachment 233148

Francesco Montalto

View attachment 233145

Nicola Cosentini (Former Youth Product at Juventus, has some great technical attributes, for Serie D that is)

View attachment 233144

Davide Asta (Began his career at Palermo)

View attachment 233142

Well that's all for now, I hope you all enjoy what you see and thanks for reading, we are currently in 12th in Serie D Group D but anything is possible.

I appreciate the likes guys, as I speak today we are now currently in 10th place, and it is March the 8th so I have been playing like mad since my last post, in this period of time we have had a bad run of 8 games without winning, and we are currently on a win of 5 games without losing so as you can probably guess very contrasting fortunes! It hasn't been easy to find the right side and tactic either, I've had to experiment with different players and different tactics, like I have brought a few players in during that time as well due to various others not performing well or missing something in a certain position. I will update shortly with screenshots.

Man... Serie D is like the graveyard of Italian football.

-Parma (Serie A regular, former Italian powerhouse in the late 90s to early 2000s)
-Robur Siena (Former serie A team)
-Piacenza (Former Serie A team)
-Rimini (Former Serie B team)
-Biancoscudati Padova (Former Serie A team)
-Taranto (Former Serie B team)
-Gallipoli (Former Serie B team)
-Sorrento (Former Serie B team)

It's sad to see such teams at such low levels...x_X
I hope you can take Parma out of such tar pit, it seems that things have started smoothly... But don't let your guard down Italy's lower divisions are really tough.

Good luck, I'll try to drop by every now and then.

Haha thanks PatrickLFC I enjoyed that :D And yeah Rimini and Piacenza are two of the best teams in my group, I've definitely seen the latter before, Siena and Padova as well, it was hard especially when I didn't win for 8 games all you can really do is call team meetings, trying to raise morale any way you can, obviously it would have been a dream to make it out this first season but I'm quite happy with how we look now, now I'll just focus on ending the season strongly and try my best to start next season even better!

Okay so from where I left off on my second to last post, I will now post some screenshots and evaluate my recent games:

View attachment 232677

A 4-1 loss against Romagna Centro, probably not the best place to begin haha but it has to be done! I suppose it was just one of those games where it was pretty flat for a while, then they ended up getting the break instead of us, eventually we found ourselves 2-0 down, we got ourselves a penalty in the 62nd min, my attacking mid Egidio Palladino scored it, but then they got 2 more goals, so it proved to be only a consolation, clearly we needed to improve, if you look at the stats they had way more chances than us, so it's more than fair to say we were still finding our feet in terms of defence and attack.

View attachment 232675

Next up a 2-0 win against Thermal A Teolo, a little bit similar to the last one in that they had more chances than we did, but we used our home advantage to good use, my 16 year old Albanian striker Roxhest Kuqo getting both goals in a comfortable win, like FM sometimes mentions, it's about quality of possession not quantity!

View attachment 232674

Then came another solid win for us, a 1-0 away victory against Este, A pretty flat game, with another one of my many strikers Luca Magnani getting the only goal in the 26th minute, they did have a lot of chances in the last 15 minutes but we held on well and got another victory, these games were part of a nice 4 game winning streak for us.

View attachment 232672

Another nice victory for us, this time 3-1 away against Jolly Montemurlo (weird name lol) with my scorer from the last game Luca Magnani getting on the scoresheet again with a well taken penalty, unfortunately though he got injured just before half time (a torn hamstring which would rule him out for 3-5 months) so I brought my 18 year old Davide Asta on, Jolly equalised just after half time but the luck favored us in the end as Davide Asta, reliable as always, scored twice as the super sub to close the game out for us.

View attachment 232669

Our next victory a 5-1 thrashing of Fortis Juventus was probably my favorite so far! A brilliant game for us, we played fantastic attacking football throughout really taking the game to the opposition, first my dutch attacking mid Amil Dilberovic got on the scoresheet, then Davide Asta a minute later, and then Marco Bencini a minute after that, 3-0 up with 77 minutes left to go everything was looking great for us, Dilberovic added his second in the 34th minute, into halftime 4-0 up, looking really comfortable and keeping the ball really well, then my captain Bencini scored a real fluke of a goal, one of those 'was it a cross or a shot' kind of goals from 30 yards on the right wing, sailing home to victory, Fortis got a consolation goal in the 61st minute, but that didn't lead to anything, and a fantastic victory for us, it's just a shame we couldn't have results like this every week!

View attachment 232668

You could say the next couple of results is where the questions started to be asked, (and eventually led to a poor run of form) we were in 3rd at the time of this result with some really good games under our belts, just playing some of the better teams proved a little too tough for us yet, so anyways this was a 1-0 loss at home to Mezzolara who were 4th at the time, we didn't do too badly considering, just we didn't have a lot of chances and it was a really flat game, closing well into injury time they got a penalty in the 94th minute, and scored it, you win some of those you lose some.

View attachment 232667

Next game was a bit more like our games before the Mezzolara result, a 2-1 away win against Fiorenzuola, with my ever reliable creative force Dilberovic opening the scoring, then Davide Asta carrying on from the Fortis game to get his goal, an unspectacular game in many aspects, Fiorenzuola got a consolation goal in the 64th minute but I couldn't say they ever looked like sparking a comeback, and we held on to get a deserved win.

View attachment 232666

I'd say this game came way too soon, we were in 4th place now still looking comfortable, but it there was ever a result to tell us we wouldn't be for long it was this one! a 3-1 home loss to Correggese, for the first half hour it was mostly Correggeses possession, similar to the Mezzolara game in the sense we weren't creating enough chances, till eventually the floodgates opened, and in the 30th 37th and 39th minutes Correggese scored all 3 of their goals, it looked to have really knocked the wind out of our sails and we didn't really look like getting back at them either, I gave them one of those hairdryer team talks for obvious reasons at half time, but still it was just not good enough, Asta eventually got our consolation goal in the 77th minute but it proved too little too late, the start of an awful 8 game winless run for us...

View attachment 232664

Next up a 2-2 hard fought draw against Bellaria, it was 0-0 for 65 minutes with both teams trying desperately to score, eventually they got the breakthrough which opened some floodgates, my sub Egidio Palladino got an equalizing pen for us in the 69th min, then they got one back only 2 minutes later! Fair play to us though, we weren't playing particularly well but still we showed fight, Bencini played a brilliant cross in in the 88th minute, and all D'Errico had to do was tap it into the open goal, to make it 2-2, not a bad result, especially compared to others in this run.

View attachment 232663

Next game a 3-2 home loss to Delta Porto Tolle, my consistent left back Filippo Soldo opened the scoring for us in the 44th minute just on the brink of half time, but looking back at it that was probably the worst time to open the scoring as Delta came back at us, in the form of their striker Enrico Gherardi who tore us to pieces with a brilliant hat-trick, considering they only brought him on at half time as well...Davide Asta got another one of his consolation goals, but it was too little too late again, these results were beginning to raise questions about my cbs in particular, Francesco Montalto and Silvio Miraglia, who had been my regular defensive partnership till now, but cracks were beginning to form so I began to try different options, thus signing new cbs...

View attachment 232659

Next up a 2-0 away loss to Abano, I had gone back to my cb pairing of Montalto and Miraglia for this one but it still wasn't working, though to look at the stats as well I could say just the same about my attack, as it was around this period that Davide Asta went on a poor run of form, with the transfer market looming, and a winter break, I began to take that all into consideration, they got their first on the half hour mark, and then their second in the 60th minute, in the end it was just a case of them taking their chances, not us.

View attachment 232657

View attachment 232656

NEW CENTRE BACK TIME!!!!!!

Well after a few leaky games I decided to sign up two new centre backs (both on frees of course!!) both at the same time, one of which was a 39 year old defender called Alessandro Goia, I thought he might give us a bit more in the mental side of the game and he's surprisingly done a good job so far for me, obviously just a short term option but he's giving us a good return, my other signing was a player called Enrico Severini who is 19 years old, Severini hasn't done as well so far but it's still early and he's still young so I will give him time.

View attachment 232655

Next up another disappointing result in the form of a 2-0 home loss to Virtus Castelfranco, this was very much down to the sending off of Francesco Montalto in the 16th minute for a dangerous and ultimately stupid tackle. It was a result that would make me seriously consider his spot in the team and nevertheless we were on the back foot for the rest of the game, Virtus grabbed two goals, one shortly after the sending off and another on the brink of half time, us clearly struggling to remain balanced we couldn't spark a comeback and ultimately it was a game wasted, which could have maybe been a very different result on another day.

View attachment 232653

Very similar game to the last one, a 1-0 away loss to Imolese, they had the majority of the chances and they grabbed their first and only goal in the 64th minute, in the 77th minute Silvio Miraglia this time got sent off in similar circumstances to the last game, another dangerous tackle, the only difference being it's fair to say the game could have already been lost before that, but still it was frustrating for me as we weren't scoring goals as much anymore, and my defenders were losing their discipline at a key moment of the season. After this we would have a 3 week winter break until the next game. During this time period I made another signing...

NEW SIGNING

View attachment 232642
During our much needed winter break I put pen to paper on another new signing for us, this time in the face of Right Winger Riccardo Cocuzza, He had actually began his career at Inter Milan, and then subsequently Parma, and as we needed another winger as Marco Bencinis form had stalled a bit it was a good piece of business.

View attachment 232652

A home 1-1 draw against Formigine, We opened the scoring very early on when Dilberovic got a penalty, he missed the initial kick but luckily scored the rebound for us, they equalized 25 minutes later in the 27th minute and then the game closed out to a bore draw, we weren't really making an impact on games at the moment, our creative and attacking forces seemed to have gone astray and it was costing us badly in games, I tried a lot of tactics in this period till I found the right one, like I dropped my fullbacks to a 3-6-1 formation which didn't exactly go to plan, then I tried my usual 4-2-3-1 again but this time with more of an emphasis on counter attacking football, it took awhile but we eventually got ourselves out of our rut, the next game was the worst, and luckily probably the last of our troubles in the league.

View attachment 232643

A crushing 4-0 away loss to Rimini, after we had beaten them in our first game. Their Moroccan striker Mehdi Kabine tore us apart with a well taken hat-trick, we were always touted to heavily lose this one as Rimini were second in the league, and obviously in form, but on a postive note it was probably the one that got it out of our system, and we surprisingly started playing pretty well again after this, next was a game against Sampdoria, at home in the Coppa Italia, we we're always going to be underdogs for that game as well but I think in retrospect it may have been exactly what we needed.

View attachment 232641

Our first and only game in the Coppa Italia this season, a 3-1 home loss to Sampdoria, a good game to be a part of as it was always going to bring a good attendance no matter what the result was going to be, all in all it wasn't that bad considering the difference in divisions, Francesco Montalto (back in the team) got our only goal.

View attachment 232640

I can't tell you how much of a relief this game was, a 2-0 away win against Ribelle, back to my usual 4-2-3-1 I had finally found a way through the winless streak, with my fullback Daniele Pandori, and my young striker Roxhest Kuqo getting on the scoresheet, this was a much better team effort looking better in every area.
Ribelle had about the same amount of chances as we had had but we played brilliant counter attacking football and made them pay.

View attachment 232639

Another tough game, against a team top of the league, a 1-0 home loss to Piacenza, it came at a bad time as we we're just beginning to find out way again, but we didn't play too badly considering, they got a goal in the 21st minute, and held on throughout the game, I can still question our attack but Piacenza are a very tough side so we can hold our heads up at the end of the day.

NEW SIGNING ALERT

View attachment 232637

I finally decided to open my check book, and after having a look at the transfer market I decided to sign 19 year old striker Marouane Tawgui for 17k from Kras Repen, I decided Davide Asta needed competition up front and this was definitely the right man for the job.

View attachment 232635

So after those recent events we played Romagna Centro away from home, and lost 1-0, Tawgui made his debut in what was another pretty tough game, pretty similar to the Piacenza one in some aspects, though we still needed to work on our chances as we weren't having enough of them, they grabbed the only goal in the 22nd min, and closed the game out. (at least we didn't lose 4-1 this time!)

View attachment 232634

Next up a game at home to Fidenza, who were rock bottom of the league, this game couldn't have started any worse as Montalto was having a nightmare and they grabbed two early goals in the 9th and 14th minutes, the latter through a penalty, which Montalto gave away, luckily we got rewarded a penalty of our own in the 47th minute, just before half time, and that gave us something to work on in the second half, we sure did take our time though, but in the end that man, Gianfranco D'Errico got the all elusive equalizer, bang on the 90th minute, you could say two points dropped as they were bottom of the league but bottom teams in my experience even in the bpl are really hard to play, but we did show a good team spirit to secure the draw, next is where the winning streak now comes into place.

View attachment 232632

A comfortable 3-0 win against a Thermal A Teolo side who didn't give us much to worry about, in terms of their own shots on target, but nevertheless we played really nice football, and secured the game before half time, with Bencini giving Cocuzza a run for his money with a goal in the 26th minute, Tawgui finally grabbing his first goal in the 35th min, and my consistent as ever left back Filippo Soldo getting the winner in the 46th. A really good team performance and a well deserved 3 points.

View attachment 232631

This game could have been very very different, a 1-0 win against Este, we still managed to dominate them throughout, though Gianfranco D'Errico got sent off in the 41st minute for two bookings, we still managed to remain calm and keep our composure, such so that my super sub striker Davide Asta grabbed the winner in the 93rd minute, his first goal in a long long time!

View attachment 232629

Another comfortable 3-0 win, this time against Fortis Juventus, it was a little flat for a while, clearly we were working for an opening untill in the 37th minute, Enrico Andreucci my 18 year old CM scored a great goal from 25 yards, his first for the club as well, and then Cocuzza managed to grab his first for the club as well in the 46th minute before the interval. The second half was more of the same really, a steady game, which Davide Asta then put to bed in the 79th minute, it's good to see my players playing with confidence again.

View attachment 232628

And the last game for now, a 2-1 win against Jolly Montemurlo, they opened the scoring in the 18th minute which was a little worrying, especially when you're on a run and at home but we got an equalizer 3 minutes later through D'Errico, which saw us through to half time. After half time it was open to who wanted it more, with another one of my strikers Roxhest Kuqo, coming off the bench for Tawgui and scoring only a minute later, which was enough to secure the win.

I will now show you some players who I think deserve a mention:

View attachment 232627

Marco Bencini (My Club Captain)

View attachment 232626

Filippo Soldo

View attachment 232625

Daniele Pandori

View attachment 232624

Matteo Gianello (Has vital Serie A experience playing for Napoli, and Serie B experience with Chievo and Siena)

View attachment 232623

Enrico Andreucci

My League Table and Tactics:

View attachment 232622

View attachment 232621

So that's all for now, as ever I appreciate your feedback, and I will probably update this next at the end of this season, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hi guys, back from where I left off, I have now played to the end of the season and am actually right at the start of the new season as we speak, I have sold many people and bought a few people as well, at the end of last season I realised we were missing a lot of players, like we needed at least 2 new cbs (good quality cbs) and a new deep lying playmaker in midfield. I found all 3 of those players, and whilst I was at it I thought I could use a goalkeeper as well so I went ahead and got one, I decided to get an under 19 one again as it helps with the regulations when playing. So the end of the season, well it was looking good when I last posted but it just went downhill really, we ended up losing to one of the bottom teams and never really picked ourselves up from it, strikers scoring was a real issue for us, Marouane Tawgui turned out to be a flop for me, and the others weren't doing too much better, he might still come good, but it was surprising really as he had the stats and he had a good record at his last Serie D club, all in all he only managed 1 goal in 10 games. I have actually signed a few people on co-ownerships (without actually meaning to!) for 1k each, I will show them later too.

Okay so here are the remaining fixtures we played:

View attachment 232325

First up a 3-2 win away against Mezzolara, we dominated the game around the 31st minute by scoring all 3 of our goals in the next 10 minutes, coming through Bencini, Kuqo and a Mezzolara Own Goal, things were definitely looking comfortable for us come half time, but late in the second half Mezzolara gave us a nervy ending by scoring two goals in the last 10 minutes, it is fair to say defence has been a big issue for us all season, we should never have even let them back into that game, Dilberovic had a fantastic game as usual being our creative force, but Goia was suspect at the back and it was probably his years catching up on him, all in all a deserved win, but should have been more comfortable.

View attachment 232321

Next game a 2-0 home loss to Fiorenzuola, second to bottom of the league...one of those games where you have possession, chances, but don't take them and then the other team, through to half time, realizes your own mistake and capitalizes on that mistake, I couldn't complain at all Fiorenzuola deserved the victory as we were dreadful in front of goal, I have seen way too many games this season where we can't take our chances, and the other team punish us for it, even the team in 18th place.
A lesson to be learned.

View attachment 232319

Next up a 2-2 away draw with Correggesse, probably a better result considering Correggesses hammering of us earlier in the season, and the fact they are actually a decent side, needless to say it was a flat game with a lot of injuries, costing us D'Errico and Caporaletti in that game, but they got the break with penalty in the 47th minute of the first half to gain an advantage, we came back in the second half more prepared, and my young cb Antonio Formisano scored a good header from a corner to equalize in the 51st minute, 12 minutes later we grabbed another in the form of Luca Magnani, making the most of a great pass to score a real poachers effort past the goalkeeper, Correggesse kept coming back at us though and they grabbed their equalizer in the 77th minute, all in all a fair result against a good team.

View attachment 232307

Another disappointing defeat, a 2-1 loss against Delta Porto Tolle, on the backfoot for most of the game, not taking our chances, they finally got the breakthrough instead of us in the 56th minute, then less than 25 minutes later they got enough in the 80th minute, holding on for victory, we did grab an own goal after Davide Asta whipped in a lucky cross, nobody even latching onto it their defender knocked it into his own net after some confusion, little did it matter though, as it finished 2-1.

View attachment 232304

Another game, a 0-0 draw at home against Bellaria, words are not enough for this game, a game of very few chances, most of them going to us which we didn't take (yet again!) Bellaria seemed more than happy to play for a draw, and against us, what better team to do that against!

View attachment 232302

Next a 2-1 home loss to Abano, Abano being a good side and 4th in the table, and also considering our poor run of form, they were always going to be favorites, they grabbed the opener in the 14th minute, more or less controlled the first half, into the second half more of the same from Abano, Gianfranco D'Errico managed to get an equalizer for us in the 68th minute but Abano 3 minutes later grabbed the winner, another typical performance from us, my defence not getting any better.

View attachment 232292

Another draw, this time 1-1 against Imolese at home, they got the opener in the 21st minute untill Formisano equalized again with another one of his headers, the rest of the game was pretty flat, each team waiting for the other to do something, Imolese did earn themselves a penalty in the 59th minute, although they did miss it and it ended in a 1-1 draw, us having most of the possession yet again, clearly scoring goals was just as big a problem as defending them was.

View attachment 232287

Final game of the season, a 2-0 away loss to Virtus Castelfranco, being on the backfoot for the whole game, they eventually got the lead in the 33rd minute, through to half time 1-0 up they then grabbed another in the 2nd half with a goal in the 65th minute, it was just nice to finally get the season to end, and to look forward to signing some new faces.

SEASON ANALYSIS

A productive season, from which we had to get out of our systems, the first season is never an easy one (especially when you have to take it upon yourself to sign a whole team!) and this was more of a challenge for me to find out which players would be good enough for the Parma squad of next season, and which places I would need to consider and then strengthen in. 12th not looking like that bad a position considering we we're only expected to survive relegation, next season will be much more important in terms of getting out of this division, which is definitely the long term goal.

SUMMER SIGNINGS AND SALES

In:

View attachment 232277

First off I should mention I have had a first youth intake, and in that youth intake was a really good attacking midfielder, who was already the standard to go straight into the first team, you may have seen him feature in some of the games above, he's yet to really stand out yet but he is definitely one to watch out for, Mirko Colla.

View attachment 232276

Francesco Campanella, signed on a free transfer from Cavese, him and Lorusso (coming up next) will be my new partnership for the next season.

View attachment 232275

Allesandro Lorusso, signed on a free transfer from Gallipolli, like I mentioned above he will be my left footed defensive partner to Campanella, former Sampdoria youth player.

View attachment 232274

Nicolo Verdicchio, signed on a free from Recanatese will be my new first choice goalkeeper for the new season.

View attachment 232266

Valerio Brandi, my new cm, signed on a free transfer from Sondrio, began his career at AC Milan and went onto Rubin Kazan as a youth player.

View attachment 232265

Andrea Brighenti, striker, signed for 1k from Cremonese.

View attachment 232264

Simone Palermo, CM, signed for 1k from Cremonese, began his career at Roma.

View attachment 232263

Alessandro Favalli, Lb, signed for 1k from Cremonese.

View attachment 232261

Federico Davighi, Rb, signed for 1k from Novara, began his career at Parma.

View attachment 232260

Alberto Boschetti, LW, signed for 1k from Cremonese, began at Parma.

View attachment 232258

Gregoire Defrel, Striker, signed for 1k from Sassulo, began career at Parma.

View attachment 232257

Vittorio Fabris, CM, signed for 1k from FeralpiSalo, began at Parma.

Outs:

Nicola Cosentini (free)

Egidio Palladino (free)

Luca Arriati (Retired)

Matteo Giovagnoli (Retired)

Allesandro Goia (Retired)

Francesco Montalto (Retired)

Andrea Russotto (Catanzaro, 23k)

Well that's it for now, I will probably let us get into the new season and then I will update this, I hope you've enjoyed reading!

Hi guys, I am currently 9 games into the new season now and we are doing really well, some of the better players have improved us as a lot of them are Serie C standard that we signed on co-owns, the only slight issue here is they are all on 1 year contracts and aren't really interested in renewing, that could change in the near future but I'm not too concerned anyway as although most of them are a lot better than my other players, nobody is irreplaceable. The only player of the above who I did manage to sign a new contract is Vittorio Fabris, I will probably look to build the team around him this season.

In terms of goals we have improved as well, Mirko Colla, the regen I showed you in my last post is really thriving in his new number 10 role, with Amil Dilberovic out injured this is very good news, with Gregoire Defrel and Andrea Brighenti picking up 6 and 7 goals each so far this term, in defence we've been a lot better as well with all three of my new cb signings, Francesco Campanella, Allesandro Lorusso and Riccardo Bia (will post his screenshot below as he was signed after my last post) fitting in really well, then there's my left back who I also signed from co-owned, Allesandro Favalli, fitting in superbly as well.

View attachment 231913

Riccardo Bia (Signed for 475k from Modena, began his career at Parma)

The League Table

View attachment 231912

My Tactics

View attachment 231911

I will now go into detail on all of the games so far

View attachment 231909

First game, a 3-1 home win against Formigine, always good to start the season with a win, we played nice football throughout the whole game, and the opposition never really troubled us apart from their consolation goal, Defrel got the opening with a well taken penalty in the 38th minute, after a lot of attacking football it was a well deserved goal, and this goal saw us through to half time. After the interval Marco Bencini my consistent as always captain grabbed the 2nd goal for us in the 48th minute, Formigine did get a goal back in the 67th minute after a bit of a defensive lapse in concentration, though we kept attacking and eventually Defrel added his second of the game in the 81st minute, a great debut for Gregoire Defrel particulary, and a great opening day win for us.

View attachment 231904

Second game, a fantastic 5-0 away thrashing of Ribelle, which was marked by a 4 goal return by my other new striker Andrea Brighenti (he played a big part in the own goal as well), Defrel and Bencini again having brilliant games, Brighenti opened the scoring in the 24th minute, before adding another one not 2 minutes later with a similar well placed goal, that man added his 3rd with a brilliant outside curve shot just outside the area, to finish a fantastic 5 minute hat-trick. He also had a part to play in the own goal in the 38th minute as he touched the ball before their defender got the final touch, through to half time 4-0 up, the best first half you could possible hope for. Brighenti wasn't finished there though, he kept getting in the oppositions ear, closing down balls being in every part of all the action, we kept playing nice attacking fluid football, before in the 78th minute Brighenti added his 4th and final goal, a fantastic win, which will always be remembered for Andrea Brighentis debut scoring fest!

View attachment 231901

Our first game of the season in the Italian Serie D Cup, at home against Renate from Serie D Group B, a 0-0 draw in normal time, which led to a 5-3 penalties win for us. A really flat forgettable game in normal time, with very few chances, it looked destined to go straight to penalties which it did for us. Defrel scored the first penalty with a place shot low to the right past their goalkeeper Mauri, Renate then equalized with a firm shot straight down the middle sending Verdicchio the wrong way, Tawgui then made it 2-1 with a powerful effort straight in the top left corner, Mauri unable to reach it, Muchetti then shot straight at Verdicchio for Renate so it remained 2-1, Simone Palermo then blasted one down the middle, the force alone taking it past Mauri, 3-1, Agazzi then made it 3-2 for Renate sending a shot straight down the middle, Soldo then place one low to the right for us, just steering clear of Mauri, 4-2, Florlian sent Verdicchio the wrong way with a low effort to the right of the goal, little did it matter though as Alessandro Lorusso then won us the game on penalties 5-3, sending Mauri the wrong way with a low shot down the middle, a solid win, forgettable match but our penalty practice coming to good use!

View attachment 231891

Another great win to our great start for us, a 5-1 thrashing of Abano this time, who were actually a tough opponent for us last year, We always looked in good control and whilst Abano did have a few chances they didn't have as many as we did, Andrea Brighenti carried on from the Ribelle game by opening the scoring with a good header in the 13th minute, before Gregoire Defrel added another in the 24th minute to make it 2-0, going through to half time. After half time we came out with more great to watch attacking football, Bencini making it 3-0 very early on in the 46th minute showing just what a consistent performer and great captain he's been for us, Villanova equalized for Abano in the 67th minute but it only proved to be a short lived consolation goal for them as Defrel, and then Fabris scored in the 70th and 73rd minutes respectively making it 5-1. Vittorio Fabris scoring his first goal for Parma with a great effort from 25 yards after his inital free kick hit the wall.

View attachment 231890

Next up a tough game against Correggesse, if you remember from last season were one of our many bogey teams, a 3-2 away win it ended this time, it took a while for things to get going with both teams having attempts untill Correggesse opened the scoring in the 38th minute, though it only took us a minute later to equalize through my new cm Valerio Brandi, Ricardo Cocuzza who had come off the bench for the injured Marco Bencini then made it 2-1 with a neat finish low past their goalkeeper, before they made it 2-2 in the 83rd minute, it didn't take 5 minutes untill we got the winner though, through that man Gregoire Defrel, who's impact delighted the travelling Parma fans, another well deserved victory.

View attachment 231888

Next up a comfortable 2-0 win against Bagnolese, controlling most of the game with our possession as was in the last games, we could have probably ended up scoring more than we actually did, but nevertheless another well deserved win, my captain Bencini opened the scoring in the 18th minute, with that man Brighenti scoring the next one in the 34th minute, through to half time 2-0 up, it remained that way for the rest of the game, always looking comfortable and never giving the opposition a sniff at goal!

View attachment 231887

Next game, a very weird game, a 2-0 away loss, Pistoiese opened the scoring after 22 seconds with their striker Alessandro Romeo taking us completely by surprise with a well taken long range effort, 6 minutes later, he did it again, a very strange game in the sense we barely had any highlights or chances, and our first loss for 5 or 6 games. Took us by surprise.

View attachment 231886

Next game, back to winning ways, a 3-2 home win against Jolly MonteMurlo in 7th place, Fabris and Campanella getting two early goals for us in the 1st and 5th minutes respectively, before Jolly got a goal back in the 30th minute after we gave away a penalty. Brighenti got a goal back for us, reliable as always in the 43rd minute which saw us 3-1 up at the interval mark. Jolly came back at us a bit in the 2nd half, it wasn't an easy game and fair play to them they got another back in the 87th minute to make a nervy ending of it, but we held on to win 3-2.

View attachment 231885

Another frustrating game, a 1-1 away draw against Ravenna, a pretty flat game which we could have probably got a result out of on a different day, but Defrel got the opener in the 38th minute, and then they equalized in the 41st minute, another disappointing game, we're probably in need of another quality striker, to complement Brighenti as our goals have dried up a little bit in certain games.

View attachment 231883

Next up another one of those comfortable victories, a 3-0 home win against bottom of the table Alfonsine, we opened the scoring in the 20th minute with my left back Alessandro Favalli scoring a very well taken free kick, and then earning ourselves a penalty in the 31st minute with my reliable as always centre back Alessandro Campanella scoring a well taken penalty. through to half time 2-0 up, looking very comfortable, my young cb Riccardo Bia made it 3-0 in the 57th minute with his first goal for Parma, a good victory to take us 2nd in the table.

Now I'll show you some of my best performers so far this season:

View attachment 231882

Gregoire Defrel, been a great signing for us from Sassulo, equally comfortable at Left Wing or Striker, will probably be the hardest to hold on to as he is more of a Serie A/B standard player, but he has certainly made a big difference to us with 6 goals.

View attachment 231881

Marco Bencini, one of my best performers from last season and my club captain, this guy just keeps getting better and better, still only 21 years old, he has been key in our attack.

View attachment 231880

Vittorio Fabris, another new signing from FeralpiSalo looks set to become a key member of my side, the kind of player you can build a team around, always missing a player of his quality in midfield last season and to have him signed up for another year is great news for the club.

View attachment 231879

Andrea Brighenti, has scored 7 goals this season and although he could improve in his consistency, I think we'd have been a lot worse of without him, certainly him and Defrel have solved our crisis for goals in many games last season.

View attachment 231878

And last but not least Alessandro Campanella, signed on a free transfer from Cavese this guy has made his spot his own at cb, doesn't have a bad right foot either!

Well that's it for now, I hope you've all enjoyed reading, and I will probably update this next around the December/January mark, thanks for reading!